Question about the Republic Guild

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the Republic Guild

Just curious if the Republic guild is planning on going to a RP-PvP server if they have an opportunity? My understanding is that you couldn't select that option before but it will be one for release (wasn't in beta so correct me if I am wrong).

I wouldn't mind a PvP server but it would need to be RP as well since I can't stand stupid names in MMO's...when I see someone called "MeHaXoRIkiLlu" it really bothers me.

Re: Question about the Republic Guild

I would like to be on a RP-PvP server as well if it is possible. If not, PvP server is fine.

Comment

Thinking on this a little more... what is the quality of an RP-PvP server? It doesn't seem like there would be a large community of players on an RP-PvP server and may get dry or boring.

Generally I see server's in terms of population ranked as:
      PvE
      PvP
      RP PvE
      RP PvP

I -don't- want to do RP-PvP if the server population is going to be at a low. I enjoy playing multiplayer games to be with other people.

Comment

I agree that I wouldn't want to be on a really low pop server, if that is the case I'd probably go with just the plane old RP server (you can still PvP on them, they are just limited to instanced games though).

All I can speak of is from my past experience with DAOC. I know I was on a RP server there but it had a very healthy PvP population, I found it to be the perfect fit for myself and would love to find something similar in SWTOR.

Comment

I would think the RP pop for Star Wars would be higher than most other MMOs. People who like Star Wars tend to be a bit nerdier than other gamers, and that's the way we like it ;)

Comment

Huh, Yeah. I'd imagine more people would be interested in RP within SW. I definitely would want to be on a PvP server. I have no interest in a server that has only instanced PvP.

Comment

We'll be on a pvp server but as far as RP, that's a give or take with pvp and we all went pvp. We can still RP though, that's available anywhere! I did however ally with a heavy rp guild so there is a good chance we'll get put on an rp heavy server.

- -

Comment

Its a mute point now...I did some digging and came across this from Stephen Reid:

Hello all. As I said before, it wasn't such a trivial decision, which is why it took a while to make. However, we have good news: RP-PvP servers are going to be a part of Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Please note, the 'RP' part of the RP-PvP designation will be a suggested style of play, not a mandatory one. What that means is, if you feel someone isn't roleplaying, reporting them to Customer Service will not ensure action on their account. We will also not be enforcing naming policies or similar.

For a game with a projected player base as high as The Old Republic, it's simply not practical for CS to be watching over this. If you want to fully immerse yourself in roleplaying, we suggest you find a likeminded group or guild to do that with.

You probably have questions - throw them out and we'll try to answer.
                The biggest part of RP servers for me is naming policies so if they are not going to enforce them I don't see the point in joining one.

Comment

Yeah, I'd rather be on a standard PvP server as the population will most likely be higher.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X