Choosing items with core stats vs. armor buffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing items with core stats vs. armor buffs

I have a question for you all. I'm playing an imperial agent, and my core stat is cunning. A lot of times I'll find items or be rewarded with items that will give me a significant armor boost (like 20-30+), but then reduce my cunning by about -10 or so. I never really know which item I should be using in this situation. Should I sacrifice significant buffs in other stat areas to keep my cunning as high as possible, or should I be boosting my armor at the cost of a few cunning when I get the chance? I bought the Oiled Jiguuna Combat Jacket with commendations on Hutta, and it's giving me +10 cunning, which is higher than anything else I've found yet, but it's also getting to be a little low level for me now. I have other gear that will give me better armor and endurance, but I have to give up my +10 cunning to get it. What do you think?

Re: Choosing items with core stats vs. armor buffs

I am guessing the agent is a ranged class. So I would wager that having a slight increase in armor is not as important as getting your primary stat up. Assuming you won't be trying to melee anything :p

Comment

If I have learned anything it's that armor really doesn't matter unless you are a tank. And even then only just so. You need to focus on boosting core stats more than anything. All my armor has minimum +80 aim. The armor ratings are in the 700's but I still get cut down by persistent Jedi. Core is where it's at, and where all your big abilities pull from. Me being DPS and having high aim increases my crit chance and hitting power.

Your best bet is to not look at the armor rating until at least high 40's. Then you can start building your pvp/pve armor

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys. You've pretty much confirmed my suspicions. I was kind of thinking the same as what flipmode said, that I'm ranged and I don't really need armor bonuses for anything if I can take out my target from a distance. And dredge, you mentioned something else that crossed my mind as well...as I level up I'll always be getting better armor...so there's really no point in worrying about it until I really need some serious PvP gear at a higher level. I'll stick with my Jiguuna jacket for now.

Comment

Also consider our guild crafters. We are all hard at work. I've got a stockpile of "teens lvl" medium armor if you have need.
          Sarcoma.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcoma View Post
            Also consider our guild crafters. We are all hard at work. I've got a stockpile of "teens lvl" medium armor if you have need.
            I do have need! Especially if you've got stuff with cunning enhancements. My tag in game is Noch'n.

Comment

I'll send the best I have. I'm sure.you will find better but it will be a nice start on Kass.
              Sarcoma.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X