Is it worth it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth it?

I've been really considering buying this game. I've heard that it is a really good game but I have heard it has some problems with it. Im tempted to buy it because I am a huge Star Wars fan but I don't want to spend the money untill I have some feedback from you guys.
    sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Re: Is it worth it?

If you love to play for a story and variety, this has it. It's not a huge game of repetition where you are tasked with killing 500 of anything to level everytime. You get 8 base classes across the game and 4 on each side. Most of them are quite fun to play. I would recommend republic as it has the most activity right now. The beauty is you can create players on both sides of a server.

The story is pretty good by most standards and you can read quite a few books on the old republic story from other characters that you interact with in the game so that really adds a nice dimension to the game. I have to recommend it being a 13 year veteran of MMO's and I'm not alone there!

- -

Comment

It's worth it.

Sarcoma
      Sarcoma.

Comment

I would recommend it. It does have problems, as does any game, it has gotten much better since release though, as they pretty much patch it every Tuesday morning(which is why I am posting instead of playing). New content already released, talk of more on the way, and even after hitting level 50 there is stuff to grind away on, or start another character to see another story line.

I prefer to play FPS games, although I do play just about every type of game, never been a huge MMO fanboi, although I have dabbled in many of them for some bit of time. This game however has a nice story line, and like said above you dont have to grind to kill 500 imps to gain a level. You just have to kill everyone, muahahaha. Then again, if you join those dirty Imps, they will try to stab you in the back, or at least force choke you for no reason other than laughs. Besides all the good kids play on the Republic!

:icon14: I give it two thumbs up :icon14:
        theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
        E Pluribus Unum
        Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
        Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

I had a great time giving a concerned wife the disembodied head of her traitor husband. Imperial rocks.
          ...um I'm now playing a goodie, upright citizen of a Republic trooper.
          Sarcoma(s)
          Sarcoma.

Comment

It is worth it if you're not interested in end game.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcoma View Post
              I had a great time giving a concerned wife the disembodied head of her traitor husband. Imperial rocks.
              ...um I'm now playing a goodie, upright citizen of a Republic trooper.
              Sarcoma(s)
              My trooper has been anything but goodie or uptight. I daresay my body count of traitors, Sith and other galactic scum is higher than most bounty hunters would ever see ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Tllyx View Post
                It is worth it if you're not interested in end game.
                But, you have to let players know, reaching end game within the first seven days, probably isn't the best idea. :)

Comment

where ya at vinman?

- -

Comment

Im still contemplating it. Seeing how I only have like 70/80$ saved up from over the summer and I have no regular source of income. And I'm almost 100% going to get Mass Effect 3. So with that coming out the 6th I'm trying to gain some money. Cause the game is 50$ on Newegg and ME3 is 60$ when it comes out. I'll get back to you guys if I can get the money to buy it. Because right now ME3 is my top priority.
                    sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

I couldn't force myself to continue a sub after the initial month.

The developers removed most of the player choice at the end of the beta right before release, including a large number of cloth and armor. This may have been due to technical reasons for low end computers, but my machine that was on the lower end still ran fine and everything looked great.

Then they removed (not a lack of implementation, but actually removed a working system) the ability to match armor because players might not notice their changing gear. Basically, the equipment carrot might not be enough so an ability to make your character look like they didn't dress in the dark was removed. This is a silly reason, since fully modable gear was available.

Then they removed access and crafting for some light saber colors so they could use it as a carrot for level 50 PVP. Yup, purple crystals for lightsaber, which you can see NPCs use on every single Imperial planet as you level, is so rare that you can only get one by being a level 50 Empire PvP player. Not like rare at 50, EVERY level 50 PvP Empire player used them. So, 'rare' while leveling despite seeing them everywhere. No, I don't like Mace Windu since he was completely incompetent in the movies. The color just looks good and the other change was to reduce the remaining color choice based on alignment while giving faction based reasons for doing so.

So, on top of that, I play 2 hours a day and it felt like I was spending most of that time doing stupid repetitive travelling and watching loading screens. Sure, you can teleport around the planet every 30 minutes, but it would be silly to have a physical travel device like a speeder to do the same thing without a loading screen.

I regret my initial purchase, although I am willing to give the game another try if they decide to return to the original vision of player choice and they address how the travel system makes the worst parts of travel (walking through the same spaceport on every planet, multiple loading screens to get to the player spaceship). They have the style, they have the character and feel. I just wish the reasons they provide for the restrictions on player customization and travel made sense and were explained in the game.
                      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

What do you mean by the traveling? I have a speeder and then there are shuttles/fast speeders in every town and post.

I have started another character on Ajunta Pall server (RP-PVP). I find it more enjoyable because the balance is somewhat even (Reps/Imps), and there are more people that are willing the group for flashpoints and heroic quests. It is an MMO now instead of a single player rpg that I pay monthly for.
                        Viking

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
                          But, you have to let players know, reaching end game within the first seven days, probably isn't the best idea. :)
                          There's still no end game thats worthwhile. The only way to fix this game now is to release an expansion. Guess what? They have to do voice acting for all of the quests which means they are far off from fixing this game. SWTOR will be going downhill fast.

Comment

I don't remember playing any MMO with much end game content, when it first came out. WAR and AOC sure didn't have really anything either. Everyone knows all the money went into the front end of the game (1-49). I'm still having fun at level 50, I do my PVE and PVP dailies, HM Flashpoints, and the occasional invite to EV or KP.

Comment

It's pretty standard for a lot of hardcore players to rush to 50 and expect the game to start when it's first released. SWTOR is not that game and you should have known better since the entire idea of the game has been about content and experience not hardcore level 50 action.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X