Jedi's love them or hate them?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jedi's love them or hate them?

What due guys think about people being able to become Jedi in this game? I would hate to think just anyone can become a Jedi because we all know how many people will do that, just about everyone wants to be a jedi and it would be completely rediculous if every other person you meet was a jedi master lol.

I hope there is a way to limit it, maybe you have to have played for a while before you get the option or something, can others think of a better way to limit jedis?

I would personally like it if no human players could be jedi's but i doubt they would do that.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    Winston Churchill

Re: Jedi's love them or hate them?

Jedi is the main part of this game Disciple. In this age the jedi are common place. You will have many varying classes of jedi just like in the kotor game as well as the other types of classes found in the lore. To what extent, we don't know yet.

SWG started out like you pointed out since it was set during star wars 4 and 5.

- -

Comment

I want to be Sith. From the get go if possible. I don't as much hate them as much as overplaying them in Star Wars games and reading about them in books and watching them in movies. I want to be able to explore the other side of the Force :)

Comment

One of the great things about KoToR was the ability to pick a base jedi class then build up skills either in light or dark side trees based on your class. Consular, knight, sentinel and so forth.

I want to make sure we include all aspects of the gameplay in a TG guild.

- -

Comment

That reminds me, I still need to play KOTOR... :(

Comment

I wish Jedi's was not the main part of the game though, Star wars is a rich universe with lots of great individuals that are not part of the force. I would like to be the smuggler type charater or a bounty hunter some one that is not the typical good guy but who is good just has a ill perfession. I hope it is possible to be one of these charaters but still be of use. I amworried incase when you go on quests the best party would be made up of jedis/sith. I want a smuggler to have an important part in any quest or some one who likes to use guns over blades.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
            Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Disciple View Post
              I wish Jedi's was not the main part of the game though, Star wars is a rich universe with lots of great individuals that are not part of the force. I would like to be the smuggler type charater or a bounty hunter some one that is not the typical good guy but who is good just has a ill perfession. I hope it is possible to be one of these charaters but still be of use. I amworried incase when you go on quests the best party would be made up of jedis/sith. I want a smuggler to have an important part in any quest or some one who likes to use guns over blades.
              Oh don't worry, If you ever played KoToR you know jedi are not all powerful. Mandalorians were particularly good at killing them. However there is a huge war going on right now between jedi and sith so expect that where there is one the other is close by.

Only the best of jedi's can reflect all those blaster shots. I think you will find this world to be more gritty and realistic with the force.

- -

Comment

So we are forced to be Jedi then?

I don't like the idea of that, but I am all right with Jedi being a big part of the game. I just want to be a Tatooine slave trader.

Comment

Originally posted by whistler View Post

I don't like the idea of that, but I am all right with Jedi being a big part of the game. I just want to be a Tatooine slave trader.
                  They didn't reveal all the playable classes yet, so IMO its too early to make judgment on who are we going to be "forced" to play as.

I still want to play as Sith :)

Comment

Not at all, they are making other classes as well.

- -

Comment

Well good other classes sound hopeful but I hope they are a match I don't want like guns to be pointless against a jedi since jango still did well against obi, I want that to be there.

Winston Churchill

Comment

Bounty Hunter for me :D hope I can stay neutral instead of picking sith or jedi to work for.

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                        So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Jedi here! Don't want the the balance to be leaning too far towards the dark side =]
                          Do or do not, there is no try. . . - Yoda

Comment

There has been talk of 12 classes for this game, nothing confirmed yet however. Lets see if we can make a list of what would make sense for a bioware SW game...

Jedi Knight: main warrior-type
                            Jedi Consular: relies more on using the force then weapons skill
                            Jedi Sentinel: Is a mixture of the knight and consular
                            Sith Warrior: main warrior type
                            Sith Consular: (Im sure there will be a different name for it, but it would be equal to the jedi version)
                            Sith Sentinel (see consular)
                            Scout: Infiltration type, think rogue or theif
                            Commando: The typical shock trooper, well versed in many different weapons-types
                            Bounty Hunter: Fairly self explanitory
                            Smuggler: self explanitory

The rest would just be pure conjecture. A healing class would make sense, but bioware has talked about wanting to make the game "heroic" and I dont know if they consider healing heroic. Some kind of droid contolling class would also make sense, but with bioware using their tried and true "sidekick" system, it would make sense to fit a droid for everyone in there. They have said there will defintely be a crafting system, but I would expect it to work similarly to wow's in that there are a bunch of crafting professions, and you pick one from a list of however many. A class for melee combat for non force users would make sense as well, people loved the old tera kasi profession back in SWG and bioware seemed to like melee combat in kotor, so it's the most likely. Creature-handling class possibly? I dont think so, but you never know, everyone loved the old creature handler in SWG, and who has played wow and not played a hunter besides me? It's a class type that has an attraction to many potential customers, so who knows.

My only concern is choerographed combat (which it appears to be how they are leaning) doesnt look so hot at any latency above 150. Bioware might be getting in over it's head here, but then again it wouldn't have been unreasonable in 2003 to think blizzard was getting in over their head making WoW, and that turned out ok. I've seen them talk up the "wealth" of knowledge they have gotten from their mythic brothers at EA, I only hope they learn to do the exact opposite to what the mythic guys suggest. I can't imagine LucasArts would want to get involved with another MMO project just to "turn a profit", they have that style of mmo with SWG as that's how sony runs all their MMO's. (overall customers/title isnt as important as each titles profitability for Sony) I imagine they all realize this is the only non-blizzard MMO property that has a chance in hell to bring in the kind of revenue WoW does so they are going to aim big to draw in the most customers possible. Late summer/fall would be a perfect time to release this thing, but we shall see.

Comment

Morganan I think you have some pretty safe bets there, I guess they will follow the class types you could be in the other KOTOR games.

Most games nowadays love to have some sort of evil assasin type so since bounty hnter could be neutral I would think there would be a chance of an assasin.

Also maybe a diplomatic charater of some sort and an eletronics expert are the only other types of class I could think of. I was thinking about the types of charaters you could be in Mass Effect and what was popular there so maybe a sniper?

Winston Churchill

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X