Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's play a guessing game.

So far there are 4 classes known.

Smuggler, sith warrior, trooper and bounty hunter.

Let's hear what you guys think will be the other classes. If you need some help think about the iconic film characters to draw your options. They have a smuggler which is a han solo type. Sith warrior being the darth vader. Bounty hunter, jango and boba fett. and trooper being any republic trooper type or the famous cody trooper commander.

So what's your speculation and guess?

I'm going to say a ranged chewbacca type will be in there for the republic. Bowcaster use and technical skills to rival the bounty hunter.

- -

Re: Let's play a guessing game.

I was thinking, if the Sith have the warrior, what do they Jedis have? A mirror warrior? Or perhaps something different?

Just a thought.

Comment

A ships captain whos only power is to shout "Its a trap" everytime a fight starts

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
      So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Bounty hunter and trooper are supposed to be mirrors. Jedi will mirror Sith, and I know from someone who got to playtest that the smuggler mirror has stealth.

I hope they take a chance and try breaking the idea of the holy trinity archetype system but that's probably just a dream because I've heard they are almost copy pasting the combat system from wow.

Comment

Lion I recommend watching the TOR footage I posted in another thread. To me, it doesn't look like the combat system from WoW at all.

Comment

Some sort of Droid Controller class is my guess, i.e. they don't fight but order droids/drones that they have made to fight instead. Maybe it would come under an 'engineer' class.
            |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
            Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by FL1Pmode View Post
              Lion I recommend watching the TOR footage I posted in another thread. To me, it doesn't look like the combat system from WoW at all.
              I did, I saw a gcd and tab targeting which is classic mmo combat. I'm not saying the combat will suck because of that I'm just lamenting that they didn't try something more original. The flashpoint and the devs chat definitely made it seem like they won't go with archetype based grouping which is enough to make me happy. I did chuckle at the second devs ignorance when talking about the smuggler's cover system being the first ever in an mmo.

Comment

Maybe first successful cover system that won't glitch out? :)

Comment

They just showed us the next class this week with their repeating of the Imperial agent in the holorecord. I'm guessing anyway but it's a good possibility.

- -

Comment

Maybe a stealth class of some sort?

Comment

If you want to cheat you could probably just rip the classes from KOTOR and see how they fit in the current SW:TOR setup.

Soldier (Orthodox Combat)
                      Scout (Hybrid)
                      Scoundrel (Unorthodox Combat)
                      Jedi Guardian (light force, heavy saber)
                      Jedi Sentinel (hybrid force/saber)
                      Jedi Consular (heavy force, light saber)

Sith Warrior fits Jedi Guardian (limited force, heavy saber emphasis)
                      Trooper and Bounty Hunter both fit Soldier (orthodox combat)
                      Smuggler fits Scoundrel (unorthodox combat)

To fix mirrors I'd say Guardian to mirror the warrior and Assassin or Agent to mirror the Smuggler.

Scout and Sentinel were the 'hybrid' classes of KOTOR so they might ignore them or introduce them with a bit of a spin depending on how creative Bioware is feeling. Personally I think their creativity might be getting tapped too much with ME2, DAO, and SW:TOR all in development at the same time.

A 'healer/support' class is still needed and its even odds if they try to work it around the consular class (heavy force, light saber) or avoid force concentration entirely and cop out with something like a medic.

What I'm really curious about is if they will design an attack class (I'm wagering on the trinity of combat because NOTHING breaks from it so far) focused on force powers or if they think the prospect of being 'jedi' will unbalance the classes too much.

Seriously...given a choice between wielding a light saber or a conventional weapon people will probably drift towards the light saber more. Same could be said for a blaster or shooting lightning bolts. The force is just so much niftier.
                      My sanity is not in question...
                      It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

C'mon guys, keep on topic.

I highly doubt a droid class will be introduced but you never know.

- -

Comment

Fine! Back on topic!

I think its a bit likely they'll introduce droids, but I'm not too sure about a class dedicated to it. Droids are a pretty integral part of the SW universe so it'd be pretty interesting to have them in there. Hell, in KOTOR you even got a Battle Droid you could repair and upgrade making it kinda like your pet even if it was one that hated you with a burning passion as a meatsack.

A droid user would fulfill the 'pet user' nitch that most MMOs are including. They could even flip the cliche on its head and make it a support class with healing being done via medical droids so as to not overplay the rarity and mystical nature of 'the force'. ^_^
                          My sanity is not in question...
                          It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarenth View Post
                            Hell, in KOTOR you even got a Battle Droid you could repair and upgrade making it kinda like your pet even if it was one that hated you with a burning passion as a meatsack.
                            Wistful Statement. Ahhh, good ol' HK, how we miss him. Inquery. Might he make an appearance in TOR? Hypothosis. I... He is a rather resourceful droid who did survive the years between the first and second meatbag adventure. :row__577:

Do they have a pilot class? Not smuggler but one modeled after the best pilot in the series? Wedge Antilles. :icon_cool
                            "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

Originally posted by L10N View Post
                              Bounty hunter and trooper are supposed to be mirrors. Jedi will mirror Sith, and I know from someone who got to playtest that the smuggler mirror has stealth.

I hope they take a chance and try breaking the idea of the holy trinity archetype system but that's probably just a dream because I've heard they are almost copy pasting the combat system from wow.
                              While there is no definitive comments about this from the dev's, it seems they indeed are breaking the holy trinity. With every class having some kind of out of combat healing capabilities and BW having said healing is not a requirement and has been done with a twist, it makes one believe they are at least doing some type of alteration of the holy trinity. This post http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=33345 sums up all the known information at this time.

As for what classes are yet to come? Some type of jedi guardian, some type of class who's mechanics work similarly to the smuggler. (imperial agent?) As for the last archtype? I dont think it will be any type of pet class, since everyone will have a pet to begin with (the companion). If I had to guess, it would be an archtype built around using a stealth generator similar to how they did it in KOTOR. Think sith assassin and republic scout with some type of stealth field generator.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X