• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope Cinematic trailer

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/...ematic-trailer

enjoy!

- -

Re: Hope Cinematic trailer

One of the coolest trailers I've ever seen. Unfortunately, you never can get game companies to throw in much in-game footage in their trailers.

Comment

*Head explodes from the awesomeness*

It's... I mean... wow! But how is her hand not a charred stump right now?
      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post

She was using the force to stop his lightsaber.

Originally posted by whistler View Post
        One of the coolest trailers I've ever seen. Unfortunately, you never can get game companies to throw in much in-game footage in their trailers.
        There is quite a bit of in game footage posted here and on the swtor site!

- -

Comment

Is she the first person to do that? That's a pretty heavy precedent to set for an epic saga.

Comment

Looks awesome! Damn it 2011 can't come soon enough!

Comment

Originally posted by whistler View Post
              Is she the first person to do that? That's a pretty heavy precedent to set for an epic saga.
              That's probably the first time I've seen it but it's just a trailer. The actual game may not even have that type of maneuver in it.

- -

Comment

Absolutely stunning. And I thought the Deceived trailer was brilliant. I love the bit where the female jedi stops the Sith's lightsaber with her hand.

[rant on]
                Someone needs to explain to me why Lucas Arts could not produce full-length movies this way. I'd be first in line. Either that or release them onto DVD directly. The Star Wars storyline has been expanded greatly after Return of the Jedi. A lot of those books could receive screen adaptations.[rant off]
                "Press the red shiny button"~Vortex
                "I may give out, but I'll never give in." ~ Lou Bond "To the Establishment"

Comment

Saw this the day it came out and wow, one of the best cinematics I have ever seen!

Also @ArmoredBear: Probably the main reason for LA not producing feature films in this way comes down to money and time. The shear amount of time that a 5 minute cinematic like this is very high, not to mention that having to pay all those people costs tonnes of money as well. Now this is not to say it can't be done, JC proved that with Avatar, but he took a big risk in assuming that there was an audience for it. After Avatar was released George Lucas did say that now that the technology was available he would be able to make a 3d film, what that means, no one knows. I wouldn't expect that a feature length star wars film like the trailer would come out any time soon, probably about 2-5 years. Not to mention Lucas has his hands full with the gritty live action Star wars tv series planned to come out in the nearish future.

Sry for the long post, big CG and Star wars fan :P
                  2142: |TG| BullyBoyBilly
                  BC2: |TG| Wesb2
                  BF3: Wesb23

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post

What may not be visible is the armor on the palm of her hand. There are supposed to be some materials that are resistant to lightsabers like beskar which Mandolorians use in their armor. Either that or it's some sort of force technique.

Comment

HD version on youtube. After watching again she is using a glove of some kind that's blocking the lightsaber. There is material that can stop lightsabers according to the books but i don't recall all of it. I know in the clone wars they found an ancient beast that had skin impervious to lightsabers.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                        HD version on youtube. After watching again she is using a glove of some kind that's blocking the lightsaber. There is material that can stop lightsabers according to the books but i don't recall all of it. I know in the clone wars they found an ancient beast that had skin impervious to lightsabers.
                        Ahem, see my post above yours.

Beskar Iron that was used in Mandalorian armor was resistant to lightsabers, Also, a fibrous material called Cortosis could cause lightsabers to short out. Not sure if Beskar can woven into other materials

Comment

From Wookiepedia:

Lightsaber Resistant Materials

Aside from the blade of another lightsaber, there were rare materials that could withstand a lightsaber blade, but with varying degrees of success:

* Cortosis, although a rare and expensive metal, was a popular defense against lightsabers. Purified cortosis ore had the ability to momentarily "short out" a lightsaber blade, rendering it inoperable for a brief period of time before the wielder could reactivate it. Cortosis alloy was sturdier than purified cortosis ore, but was only capable of deflecting a lightsaber blade and not deactivating it. One reason why cortosis was so expensive was the need to refine it. Pure, unrefined Cortosis ore was—for unknown reasons—dangerously ionized and anyone who touched it would be killed instantly. There were multiple methods of forging cortosis armor and weapons, each with varying effects.[source?]
                          * Phrik, was a rare metallic compound that could withstand a lightsaber blade, although unlike cortosis, Phrik did not possess the ability to cause the blade to short out. Phrik was most notably used in the construction of the electrostaffs wielded by General Grievous's MagnaGuards. Other notable uses of Phrik included elements of Palpatine's lightsaber and Dark Trooper armor.

A tikulini's skin could withstand a lightsaber strike

* Darkswords were an ancient type of sword made from a special material that could parry lightsabers. Unlike cortosis, this material did not possess the ability to temporarily deactivate a lightsaber blade it made contact with.
                          * Armorweave was a cloth said to give some resistance to lightsabers, although the protection the reinforced material afforded was limited.
                          * Sith Alchemy was employed during the eras of the first Sith Empire to augment the properties of metals so as to counter the seemingly unstoppable lightsaber. The Sith also made use of such elements as cortosis in the forging of their Sith swords. After the original Sith Empire, the most notorious use of Sith alchemy was in the construction and reinforcement of Darth Vader's armor.
                          * Mandalorian iron: A metal found on the planet Mandalore—known as beskar in the Mandalorian language—Mandalorian iron could be forged into several configurations to take advantage of its exceptional lightsaber-resistant qualities. Commonly used in the creation of Mandalorian armor or weapons, the metal was also used to construct the door sealing Freedon Nadd's tomb.
                          * Force Weapon: Weapons imbued with the power of the Force could be used to parry a lightsaber's blade without harm.
                          * Water: All lightsabers, unless specially made,[14] would short out when they were submerged in water, due to rapid chain reactions and the instant overpowering of water on the blade. In rain, a lightsaber would steam up, but not short out.[15]
                          * Zillo Beast Skin:A Zillo Beast skin was both lightsaber proof and blaster proof. It showed its affectivness when Anakin Skywalker tried to attack the beast.

Other counteracting materials existed in the galaxy, such as various energy shields. Some animals, such as lava dragons, were possessed of natural armor that reflected the blade[source?]. Superconductive materials (e.g., Ultrachrome, Quantum Armor) deflect lightsaber strikes.[16] The skin of the Tikulini worms of Jazbina was able to withstand a lightsaber strikes.[17]

Comment

Originally posted by ArmoredBear View Post
                            Also, a fibrous material called Cortosis could cause lightsabers to short out. Not sure if Beskar can woven into other materials
                            It'd be neat if they incorporated stuff like this somehow. You have to find the material, very expensive and rare.

I dunno, I just want to be thrown into the SW universe :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X