Russian Consulate - Challenging Mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian Consulate - Challenging Mode

It's clear to me that the Russian Consulate is the hardest of the missions, especially on challenge mode.

From a tactics standpoint, the aggressors (players) are at an extreme disadvantage in the entranceway and the one staircase for the oval walkway above the safe room.

Trying it last night with 3 (Myself, FYAH and Grimm) we were not able to punch through the staircase and oval walkway because of the entrenched defenders and the kill point that is the downward staircase and landing.

Anyone found ways to help in taking that position with minimum deaths? We had an issue with using homing mines because the defenders were able to repeatedly do hacks.

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Re: Russian Consulate - Challenging Mode

Don't bother with mines or turrets against LMB, they just get hacked. Without a baseline of your group stats its difficult to suggest a foolproof strat, ie how much damage you can take = how long you can tank on a push etc.

Still I would recommend 2 of you with decent electronics running flashbang sticky, one with pulse. You really need to pump out flashbangs to stun the damn shotgunners and mobs and try and keep pinging with pulse to keep your dps up to burn them down fast. Smart cover is good but can lead to getting rushed by...the damn shotgunners. Revive station in radius of the stairs is a lifesaver too.

Smg's and ar's are the best ideally with armour destruction, two pieces of striker set gives armour destruction boost I think. I've even used a big hitting shotgun against the rushers with an smg, depends in group. Use your sig skills too. I see so many people hoarding their defensive and tac link fow whatever reason and that's one mission where it comes in handy.

Re positioning I can't remember anything specific at the moment but I'll run it again and post later.

Comment

The stairs/oval room plus the server room are definitely a bit of a pig. Iirc we cut their numbers a bit at the stairs by sending our tankiest 2 players down to engage a bit whilst the other two focused on heals/revives and pinging pulse to ramp up their damage. This would draw enemy to the bottom of the stairs and then we'd fall back up the stairs and focus fire them down. They keep coming I think so you just have to gauge a good time to all push down and then cycle through flashbanging the big guys and focusing them down as fast as possible. Need to keep an eye out for flanking shotguns on the balcony too and immediately switch to them with at least two guns to burn em down quick.

I make sure to use everything I've got/need to gain an advantage on that mission so that means all special ammo, incendiary and explosive etc. Lighting someone up can gain you a few seconds to switch to a rusher, burn them down and get back on your original target before the effect has worn off.

I'll also throw every grenade I have at them as I'm sick of them doing it to me lol.

Weapon wise as I said, smg's and high burst dmg/rpm ar's like the LVOA-C and ACR can work well. They're not great for long range pve stuff but Consulate is pretty much cqb. I've even slapped an rpm extended mag (as opposed to weapon dmg) on my LVOA-C for fun and near 1100 rpm works well in close quarters. Just bring a lot of ammo and a bunch of stability attachments as its a bit like trying to hold on to a greased chainsaw.

Comment

Thanks Wicks! Send me a friend request on uplay (TGPhotometric) if you're on.

42nd Recon

***FORMER*** 9th Mobile Infantry Detachment - Spearheads -- BY ANY MEANS --

Without Darkness, How Could We Measure The Light?

Damnit, I am not a hobbit!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X