Aircraft discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircraft discussion

What resources do you guys use to get a handle on a new purchase?

I'm really regretting shelling out for the Kingcobra because it seems to not do anything at all even marginally well except use up free repairs and lions.

Re: Aircraft discussion

Have you spent much time in the P39 or P400 [MENTION=12459]mat552[/MENTION]?

I ask because I find them to fly very similarly. I would recommend spending some time flying the lower tier and cheaper 39's and 400 while you gain experience with the platform.

I find the cobras to be fighters than I need to be patient with. Take my time with my cannon shots while peaking away with the MG.
    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I spent as little time in possible in them, the Airacobra was similarly difficult to use for me. I was just curious if there was a resource that had a comprehensive set of positives and negatives to various platforms, it's very difficult to know what a specific airplane is best at simply by looking at its stats and unless I happen to stumble onto its good attributes I tend not to be able to find them.

Comment

I've been flying the p39 the last few nights.

When you have an alt advantage I find it's best. It's has a fast roll rate and can transition quickly because if it.

The cannon can be a little hard to aim so you have to wait for the right time. The .50's will do plenty of damage on their own while you fully line up for the cannon knock out.
        doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Only issue I've had with the P39 is the amount of ammo in the small guns and it's ability to rip its everything off if you pull too hard. Other than that it's a pretty good plane. It's a jack of all trades. It can't out turn a Zero or outclimb a Typhoon but it definitely gets the job done and people sure as hell get scared when the 37 barks. If I want to check out a plane I haven't I unlocked I usually either see if I can test fly it(If it isn't red'd out you usually can) or keep my ear to the ground and ask how it is. Sure you probably get a little biased info but there's usually a few snippets of actual info.

Speaking of which, any of you guys have an N1K2? The top tier Japanese naval fighter? I really would like to unlock one but I'm worried about it surprisingly low speed for a Tier 4 plane.

Comment

I jumped back into the beaufighter mk.X yesterday after having not flown it for the past few months and its awesome again! I was averaging 3-4 kills per historical battle. I would move fast and just below cloud level at first in search of rushing bombers, once there down I would head towards the fighters and no one looks at the beaufighter. Everyone is way to worried with the spitfire, typhoons etc, that I can just do gun runs with the 4 cannons and 6 50.cals and tear them to shreds before they know what happened. Just don't get in to turn fights and keep speed, then everyone just ignores you.

Comment

I'll have to try it with you next time. I used to like it but haven't flown it in a long time. I wonder if it's a pill box killing machine.
              doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Aircraft discussion

Bearcat

I can't for the life of me figure this thing out. It handles light years better than the mustang but I personally can't seem to get it to do anything.

My worst stats of any plane is the bearcat. The 4 m3 .50's should in theory shred everything. In practice I find them hard to aim and lacking in damage all while burning through its 1600 rounds faster than I have ever seen.

Help!
                doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Mine isn't fully upgraded and I haven't gotten into a lot of fights with it but it definitely feels like a turn fighter. I've kept up with a spitfire, but I don't know how fast it can go without breaking its wings off. The guns on it makes me think it's for turn fights as well, where you only get a few seconds of targeting on a plane so it shoots as much as it can within a short distance. It pretty much is a shotgun like the charlie corsair's cannons.

We should load a custom battle some time, give it a proper stress test.
                  Last edited by Axis_Sniper; 06-09-2014, 03:09 PM.

Comment

I stress tested last night into the wee hours of the AM. 1 fly out for 6 rounds.

I leveled out my KDR but I'm still not good at it.

I think it's a plane I need to fly sober.
                    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Who else has a F9F Panther? Cougar and I played with it for a few matches but it seems horribly outclassed by MiGs and Sabres. Is there anything that can put it on an even playing field?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X