How Do You Turn in a Tank?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Turn in a Tank?!

I can't figure out the darn tank controls. How the hell do I make it turn left or right?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: How Do You Turn in a Tank?!

...'A' and 'D' by default. You can change them under tank controls.

You can usually turn quicker if you gather a little forward momentum before you hit left/right. Keep in mind that in the vast majority of tanks (until the German Tiger/Panther) you can't actually pivot in place. You have to put the brakes on one side and describe a small circle using the power from one track.

Is it possible you're in realistic control mode? In realistic controls you have to manually shift gears. If you're stuck in neutral you (obviously) can't do anything.
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Re: How Do You Turn in a Tank?!

I figured it out. The controls weren't even set for tanks. I have to set a key binding for "min" and "max" for steering. For the life of me it didn't register why "Tank Steering" was only a single line in the options.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X