Organizing your crew slots?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organizing your crew slots?

I'm trying to figure out how to organize my crew slots. I do think I understand how they work, which is a good start but there are so many ways you could set them up.

I've got some crew points in the first 4 slots that I have but haven't spent too many of them. So I still have time to organize things without wasting too many if they end up in the "wrong" slot.

I plan on playing a mix of Arcade and Realistic modes for a while and then at some point trying out Sim mode.

I was thinking something like this:

slot 1: Fighter
    slot 2: Fighter 2
    slot 3: fighter/attacker
    slot 4: dive bomber/bomber
    Slot 5: Bomber
    Slot 6: Light/Medium
    Slot 7: Heavy
    Slot 8: Tank Destroyer

Putting Tanks way at the bottom would be for Nations I fly mostly in, if I do tanks I would switch them. The annoying part would be the empty wasted slots I'd have to purchase to make this happen because for a long time I won't have all those kinds of vehicles.

Maybe get rid of Fighter 2 and combine Heavy and Tank Destroyer?

I'm super open to suggestions. Thanks!!!
    Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Re: Organizing your crew slots?

Remember that you can spend points in both air and ground vehicles on a single crew. You can spend xp you earn from ground vehicles on air training and vice versa. This can be especially useful if say, your air crews are all trained up, and you can use extra XP you gain with them to level your ground skills faster. (Remember that crew skills get very expensive as they approach their maximum value, but your rate of XP gain does not change)

And as far as organizing goes, you can make vehicle presets! Just click the 'preset' button under your crew bar. You can have one preset for planes, one for tanks, one for mixed, one for racing, etc.

I don't think there's any reason to spend gold on getting more than 5 crew slots unless you're an arcade player who is likely to lose 5 planes in a single match.

The fewer crew slots you use, the more experience each of them will gain (because you are using them more often), so I'd encourage you to stick with 5 and consider spending that GE on crew training instead. The 1000 GE accelerated training is enough to nearly max pilot + ground crew skills for a fighter, or gunner + ground crew skill for a bomber. Use that as a baseline, remembering that crew skill costs increase exponentially.

In my principal nation I have 6 slots, I made two principally bomber slots (focusing more on gunner skills), three fighters with no gunner skills, and one heavy fighter/attacker with some gunner skills. As your skills begin to fill up, all your crews will tend to become generalists anyway.

For tanks my crews are all basically identical, but three are more oriented towards non-turreted vehicles, trading aiming skills for driver skills.
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Maybe something like this:

slot 1: Fighter
      slot 2: Fighter 2 Heavy?

Should slot 3 and 4 be combined?
      slot 3: fighters ground attack
      slot 4: Bombers / Dive bombers

Will try 1 slot for Tanks and see how it goes and add if needed.
      Slot 5: Light/Medium (combo of all to start)
      Slot 6: Heavy
      Slot 7: Tank Destroyer
      Last edited by AstroCat; 03-01-2015, 11:53 AM.
      Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

I don't think you're picking up what I'm putting down.

Or else, I'm missing some reason you want separate crews for ground vehicles.

You can train a single crew in any number of roles and for any number of aircraft and ground vehicles, and there's no loss to do so. In fact, it's beneficial to use as few crews as is practical, because you will get to the collective crew level that lets you buy qualifications faster.

The only reason you would ever even need more than one crew is for game modes which let you respawn in another vehicle after you die. (So arcade and ground forces/mixed battles)

Remember that as far as organization goes, it's very easy to use the presets. You can have your planes on preset one and your tanks on preset 2, for example.

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Yeah after playing the game more and tons of "internet homework" I'm thinking a few less slots is going to be ok. The reason to split them out is to spend your crew points more efficiently. I think three slots is probably fine but I will leave a couple "blank" ones for Arcade and/or I want to split them out for organization purposes.

1. Fighters (All fast air to air)
          2. Blank (This could be Heavy Fighters) - for arcade we well
          3. Blank (This could be Ground Attack) - for arcade as well
          4. Bombers (really anything with a crew)
          5. Tanks (light,medium,heavy,SPG, AT...etc)

If I feel I need more for any reason I'll just get them but 3 main ones for now, with some space to grow if needed.

Comment

It's no more efficient in terms of crew skills to have multiple crews.

If you want, you can just spend the xp you earn in tanks on ground skills and the xp you earn in aircraft on air skills.

The cost of skills only increases per category, so you're not saving anything by having one crew dedicated to air and one to ground.

Comment

Well I suppose you could:

All in 1 crew slot:
              1) Fly a fighter, gain crew points, only put new points in fighter helpful areas
              2) Fly a bomber, gain crew points, only put new points in bomber helpful areas
              3) Drive a tank, gain crew points, only put new points in tank helpful areas

Although there is probably some overlap between Fighter and Bomber so that could work out in your favor.

I see what you are saying, so really there is no advantage to putting things in different slots other than organizing them. And actually it is probably more efficient to put the aircraft in one because they have overlapping skills.

Interesting. Of course if you played a lot of Arcade you'd want multiple crew slots leveled up, but for Realistic, where I plan to spend a lot of time 1 or 2 slot could be enough.

1) Airplanes
              2) Vehicles

I am gonna do:

1) Airplanes
              2) blank
              3) blank
              4) Vehicles

Since I already started this way.

Comment

Ancient thread, but since I've been playing WT a bit lately... this is how I eventually ended up organizing things.

5 slots (most common config) I play Realistic mostly for both planes and tanks. I hardly ever do Arcade and Sim once and a while.

1) Fighters
                2) Attackers/Bombers
                3) Anti-Air Tank
                4) Back up Tank
                5) Main Tank

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X