Mastering Blacksmithing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mastering Blacksmithing

I would like some input as to which of the two "master" skills in blacksmithing would be most useful to the guild. I'm (finally!) at the point of being able to choose either Swordsmithing or Armorsmithing, and I would like to choose soon in order to progress forward in one area.

My limited interactions suggest that we've got several swordsmiths but the only armorsmith I know of is Alicity. That suggests to me that Armorsmithing may be the path to follow.

So, I invite comment from others as to their opinions about either path and what would be of the most benefit to the Guild.

Thanks in advance!
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Re: Mastering Blacksmithing

You are correct, as far as I know- Alicity should be the only toon who is doing armorsmithing. Crimson, myself and at least 2 others are weaponsmiths. Crimson is a swordsmith, I am a hammersmith.

As far as recommendations go, I am at a loss! My suggestion is to do whatever you find most appealing, or whatever someone else recommends. :)

Comment

Hello just letting one know that my alt gaelyn just took up armorsmith.
      Candrice 63 Warrior
      Ricca 70 Rogue
      Machelle 70 Mage
      Enya 74 Druid

Comment

FWIW, I've gone down the Weaponsmith path, eventually aiming at Swordsmithing as the specialty.
        Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

I just hit Master Swordsmith, Blazing Rapier, Corruption, Frostguard, they all pwn's me and my cash flow. Weapon smithing by far is the easiest route to go, but from what I can see armorsmiths make more end game bank on player made items than weapon smiths do. I would definetly start stacking mats and patterns now as the patterns you get for weaponsmithing will not take you all the way to 300. The weapons, Blight, Phantom Blade, Truesilver Champion are all awesome. If you buy the mats your gonna be in the hole 5-10g on resale value. Farming the mats is just as bad. I.E. Breath of Wind needed for Blight and Phantom blade has a super low drop rate. My advice, buy a load of 225-300 skill armor patterns, they usually require lot less mats, and train your skill that way. The imperial plate patterns are awesome for 250-300 gains, but they take lots of thorium. The resell value on these is a lot higher though as they are closer to endgame armor than the weapons you can make. I basically bought 300 smithing from 225, cost me about 300g. Of course that was when the imperial plate patterns first hit the scene and thorium was stupid expensive. Shouldnt be as bad now. If you need any of the items for the weaponsmith quest let me know, Ill be more than happy to make them for you. Also, if you can mine thorium, start stockpiling it now, believe me, your gonna need it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X