Mods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods

Okay, Now that I am fairly into this game I have a few question of all you more advanced players. I know there are quite a few mods out there, and I have heard of some bots. But I was wondering what are the important ones. i.e. what Mods should I use. What bots do I need to know about.

I think that this would be benificial to more than me but then again maybe not.

BTW Thanks for all the help in game. I have really enjoyed playing with all of you.

Kemotaha
    Kemotaha

Re: Mods

Are you asking for bots to use for yourself or bots to keep an eye out for in case they are being used against you?

Comment

both.

I am more interested in those that can help me play better and enhance my gaming experience.
      Kemotaha

Comment

It is my understanding that Bots are considered a type of cheat. And you can say goodbye to your account if Blizz finds out. The many UI mods however are fine :) Right now I have CT Mod, and Titan Bar. CT Mod has some good usful stuff but isn't packed to the brim like Cosmos. Cosmos is great but they have yet to fix it after 1.6.

Hope that helps :)

Shogun

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun
          It is my understanding that Bots are considered a type of cheat. And you can say goodbye to your account if Blizz finds out. The many UI mods however are fine :) Right now I have CT Mod, and Titan Bar. CT Mod has some good usful stuff but isn't packed to the brim like Cosmos. Cosmos is great but they have yet to fix it after 1.6. Hope that helps :)Shogun
          I used to have cosmos, your are right it is slap full of stuff and most I never used. Once 1.4 hit I didn't bother getting it working again.

What Mods does everyone use? Now that I have gotten back into the WOW grove I would like to try some of the different UIs.
          "Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be an ugly brawl."

Comment

Yes, please refrain from the use of bots which are cheats as this goes against what TG stands for. Not all bots are considered cheat bots, but if you're running at +25% movement speed w/o any kind of run buffs, mount, or movement bonus items these are considered the type of cheat bots you want to avoid. They violate the user agreement and Blizzard can and will check your system processes if they suspect you of doing such things.

Unfortunately, as a TG member, but not a WoW player (FFXI for me) I can't tell you which bots to look for specifically to enhance your experience. But you're on the right track asking in the forums.

Comment

I am much of a vanilla gamer. I don't do many add-ons. but I know that people have found out what lvl quests are which would be interesting and things like that.

As for bots. Those are not the bots I am refering too. I don't want ones that cheat for me but some one mentioned thottbot? I don't know what that is or what it does. but I know that TG people have used it. That is the type of Bots that I would like to know about.

I guess I do mean UI's instead of Mods. I didn't mean to spark controversy. I guess I have always called anything outside of the vanilla game, mods but because I haven't been in that crowd I don't know the lingo. Sorry.

Kemo
              Kemotaha

Comment

Originally posted by Kemotaha
                I am much of a vanilla gamer. I don't do many add-ons. but I know that people have found out what lvl quests are which would be interesting and things like that.

As for bots. Those are not the bots I am refering too. I don't want ones that cheat for me but some one mentioned thottbot? I don't know what that is or what it does. but I know that TG people have used it. That is the type of Bots that I would like to know about.

I guess I do mean UI's instead of Mods. I didn't mean to spark controversy. I guess I have always called anything outside of the vanilla game, mods but because I haven't been in that crowd I don't know the lingo. Sorry.

Kemo

Thottbot ( http://www.thottbot.com/ ) is a website that has almost anything to do with the game. There are other websites that do the same such as allakhazam ( http://wow.allakhazam.com/ ) that do the same thing but with their own twist. I made a post http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=54899 that listed these sites and a few more. I hope you get a chance to look at them at some point.

As far as the most helpful mods, I use insomniax, which uses a core of CTmod and adds a bunch more to it. I think that if you use just CTmod, you will be happy because it gives you the basic things that enhance the game that much more. In my opinion, the most useful are map coordinates, and the ability to move the bag locations around. My toon is a warrior, so I donít have a huge amount of options on one screen, but I do have multiple screens that I switch between depending on the situation. I also found CTmod to be more user friendly and easier to configure than insomniax, but since I loaded insomniax, I find it irreplaceable. Don't forget, you can get these add-ons one by one, but maybe getting the package to learn what you appreciate the most my be a great alternative.

Anuar I think is the resident expert on configuring insomniax by the way. If he isn't around, Ill try my best to help.
                Bleue

Comment

as the only person around here who still uses cosmos i am chiming in with my 2 cents. cosmos is ultra easy to get installed, but it has some problems, like my shard tracker sends this "<Sync Update Request> STShardTracker is requesting a sync update" in tells to people in my party but other than that ive never really noticed any problems with it. i tried insominax and it ate my computer moniter and coughed it back up =( but no one else seems to have that problem.
                  mainly what mods you should have really depend on your class. warlocks need a shard tracker, in fact playing without one is so difficult it borders on the absurd. casters are helped by cooldown counts a lot and healers have some cool mods which have never seen before b/c i would rather be killing than healing.
                  long story short, just experiment and stick with what you like.

p.s.
                  playing without thottbot is like playing blind in a blizzard on a field of ice with no hands. you should go check it out.
                  frowning takes 47 muscles, and smiling only take 17, but sitting there with a zombie like stare on your face takes 0, we have a winner.

The fights are so bitter because the stakes are so small. -watch words of academia

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X