Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tourney: New time, new location, bigger prizes!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourney: New time, new location, bigger prizes!

Now that we have a better idea of how many people are participating and of the spread between levels of those signed up, we have been able to make many adjustments to the initial announcement. All of this is required reading, if you plan to participate in the dueling tournament. Rules and regulations are included in this update. If you have any questions, please contact Luna.

New Tournament Date/Time

***FINAL INFORMATION UPDATE***

Date: Sunday, July 31st
    Time: 8pm EDT/7pm Server Time (please arrive 15-30 minutes early)
    Location: Twilight Grove, Duskwood/Darkshire, Eastern Kingdoms

Rules & Regulations:

1. Each TG guild member may enter one character into the tournament. It is kindly requested that level 60 characters be entered, if you have one. If you are completely adverse to this, please speak to Luna personally, to properly register the toon you intend to use.

2. Your round one opponent will be chosen at random prior to your first match, in your presence. The names of the players within your level bracket will be drawn from a hat two at a time, and matched up accordingly. You will need to win best out of 3 matches in order to advance to round 2. Players will continue this process of elimination until a final two players remain within a level bracket. The winner of the final round in each respective bracket will be declared the bracket winner.

3. Choose your armor/weapons wisely: What you start with is what you end with. You may not switch out any worn items in between matches.

4a. Any and all class-specific abilities are permitted to be used during your matches.

4b. In the event that your character is able to summon (warlocks and hunters), you are permitted to summon prior to the start of your match.

4c. Referees will be willing to wait out any 10-minute or less cool down periods in between matches, to allow you to use your character to its fullest potential. Anything requiring over 10 minutes to cool down may be used as it becomes available to you. Use your higher-cool down abilities wisely.

4d. Tradeskill-specific abilities will NOT be permitted. This includes potions, blacksmith-related items, and engineering items.

5. No temporary, non-class buffs will be permitted. This means:
    No potions of any sort prior to or during the match.
    No sharpening stones or weightstones.
    No scrolls of any kind.

5a. There are two exceptions to this rule:
    -Any permanent enchantments or enhancements to armor or weapons will be permitted. Naturally, you are not expected to remove these.
    - Poisoning blades, a class-specific rogue skill, will be permitted as it falls under rule 4a.

5. Bandaging in game will be allowed.

New Prizes!!

Please make sure you have read everything above and understand it- I know you guys scrolled down to see what you would win before reading the rules. :)

Many adjustments have been made to the prizes, thanks to the generous donations of many of our guild members. Special thanks to Chris and Crim for their overwhelming generosity. Thank you to everyone who contributed to the guild tourney fund!

Now, for the bling:

There are two kinds of prizes to be won on Sunday night- the prizes for the winners of each level bracket, and a handful of special items to be raffled off throughout the evening. You will be eligible for the raffle if you are in attendance when each raffle takes place. All prizes will be given out during the tournament.

Bracket Prizes:

Lvl 30-39: 30 Gold
    Lvl 40-49: 50 Gold
    Lvl 50-59: 100 Gold
    Lvl 60: 150 Gold, plus the enchantment of your choice on the weapon of your choice (Can you say Crusader, anyone?).

**Brackets will be divided by the decade, seeing as how our character spread allows us to do this while keeping the playing field level.

Raffle Prizes:

Mooncloth Bag (1)
    Travelerís Backpack (1)
    Truesilver Champion (2)

Good luck to all who are participating! See you Sunday!
    Last edited by luna; 07-27-2005, 06:48 PM.

Re: Tourney: New time, new location, bigger prizes!

So no non class buffs. I understand your trying to make this "skill based" but its going to break down to "gear based" dueling. Not trying to complain, but it is what it is. Ill come take my ass whooping anyway.

Id still prefer to duel my lock as opposed to my tank, Ive spoken on this several times.

Comment

As it states in the post above, please contact me personally regarding entering an alternate toon into the tournament. :)

Comment

I will be there...
        Candrice 63 Warrior
        Ricca 70 Rogue
        Machelle 70 Mage
        Enya 74 Druid

Comment

Good job for all who attended... and congrats to the winners! (Zedd, Zeeg, Kossi, Grumple) (if I remember correctly)...hmmmm....3 out of 4 are mages...hmmmmmm

Nice work for the organizers and contributors.

I learned a lot...(warriors are not the ideal pvp char!)...did I say that 3 out of 4 winners were mages???

I like this guild...a lot...and I'm glad to be a part of it all! :row__530:
          Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by beep
            Good job for all who attended... and congrats to the winners! (Zedd, Zeeg, Kossi, Grumple) (if I remember correctly)...hmmmm....3 out of 4 are mages...hmmmmmm

Nice work for the organizers and contributors.

I learned a lot...(warriors are not the ideal pvp char!)...did I say that 3 out of 4 winners were mages???

I like this guild...a lot...and I'm glad to be a part of it all! :row__530:
            And to think that I was worried about Alicity.

Yeah, warriors are not the best for pvp, but I will attest to the raw damage the squishies can deal. Toward the end game stuff, good warriors are respected (sometimes) by mages and warlocks. I know i'm still trying to earn it.

Yes it was a good job to all and a special thanks to Luna for the leadership and her contributions. Also a big thanks to Alicity, Crim and Med for the work that they did to make this happen. And if I missed anyone, my apologies.

I hope that the next one we do goes as well as this one did.
            Last edited by Bleue; 08-01-2005, 08:17 AM.
            Bleue

Comment

Must say that was one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. Watching everyone was fun, getting to see people's characters was great. This was a great function to bring a lot of people together that would'nt normal see one another.

Thanks to everyone who came, it was a welomed break from grinding and questing to get to know all of you better.

Also, thanks skeet for an awful tough fight.

Kossi

Comment

couldnt have said it better kossi :) it was great to see every body. the fights were very fun to watch and you could learn things about the other classes just by watching... it was cool to see the guild move as one,example: when we all ran up to the platform to give out prizes.. did anybody notice how every one returned to there spots in the circle when it was time for the next round of the finals? good stuff :) reminds me of the time we flanked the horde at cross roads.

my sugestion for the next one, all out every thing goes... use what you can to win.

Comment

Not a problem Kossi, next time ill get ya, maybe. I hope everyone learned to love and respect your local warlock's club. One day we will rule the world. Seriously, I think we should this bi monthly or even monthly. I know the prize money is hard to generate, maybe we can do it for something less, Id be willing to put some stuff up.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X