Future Tourney Suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Tourney Suggestions

Please give us some feedback regarding the tournament. What did you enjoy the most about the tournament? What changes, if any, would you make? What would you like to see done differently in the future? What features would you consider next time?

PLEASE NOTE: This is not a thread to complain about anyone specific, or any particular incident. Constructive criticism only, please.

Re: Future Tourney Suggestions

it has been mentioned, many many times but since im the first here i claim the suggestion. All holds barred, blind eye turned, anything goes, complete and total death match because i for one think grumple just isn't doing enough damage and that he should be able to get to use his mage nuking powers, create a mechinzied army, and use his death ray and other fiendish devices. now that the obligatory post is down i think we should duel somewhere with obsticles and random objects scattered around cause that would be cool. dodge the mage spells by poping out of sight. and then run like girly-lock. very fast.
    frowning takes 47 muscles, and smiling only take 17, but sitting there with a zombie like stare on your face takes 0, we have a winner.

The fights are so bitter because the stakes are so small. -watch words of academia

Comment

How about the prize be split so that the runner-up gets something also? Something like 3 parts to the winner and 1 part to the runner-up.

I would also like to see 2 on 2 matches. Obviously this can't be done by dueling and STV would be a nightmare, but I know there is the arena in Dire Maul that might work. Is there anyone who wouldn't come to see Grump and Luna vs. Med and Alicity?
      Zeeg - Gnomish Giant Slayer

Comment

I think that it went great for a first tourney. I think in the future the brackets need to be set out before hand so we don't have to wait so much at the frontend.

I will be willing to help with the organization of the tourneys to free up the guild officers for other things.

We could also post the brackets beforehand so that we know who we are fighting and who we have to beat to get to the finals.

Kemo
        Kemotaha

Comment

I think that soon we should have one massive FFA tournament in the STV Arena. It would have to be sometime when the chest is not going to spawn, i know its evvery 3 hours, like noon, 3, 6, 9, (all server time) Rules could be like no respawn, and other than that have at it!

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

I am in complete agreement on the whole setting up the brackets in advance. I attempted to do that, but people leveled far too much between when I set the matches and when we actually got to play. I think this will become much easier as the rest of the guild make their way towards 50, narrowing the gaps in levels. Kemo, I may take you up on that offer to help out- something tells me a promotion for you is in order very soon.

I would love to do 2v2, with Grumple as my partner! Holy cows, that would be neat. I'd love to have Med too. A FFA would be a blast also. We can do a FFA at any time, without the prizes- let's plan that!

I would like to see a class match in the future. All mages fight mages, all pallies fight pallies. Then, we could dub someone the ultimate in each class. This will require some time, though- there aren't enough in each class just yet in approximately the same level bracket to allow this at this juncture. Keep leveling your characters, and this will become a reality very soon.

Runner-up prizes are also a good possibility. I'll put it on the list!

Comment

My bonus is that I work nights watching servers. Of course I only work 3 days a week. But I get bored sometimes. I am trying to get things so that I can keep busy during the night. Organizing a Tourney would be easy during that time.

With the levels, we tell them that they can't exceed a certian lvl. I know one person who kept the character at lvl 34 or 44 or 54. I can't remmeber because that was were the cut off was. People can do things like help lowbies or farm for mines or herbs or build armor or stuff like that that doesn't give you XP or even just not turn in quests until after the tourney. We just need to set a rule that when you sign up for a bracket that is what you are going to play in and you have to make sure that you stay in the bracket or you are not fighting.

Kemo
              Kemotaha

Comment

That would've been me Kemo, i sat at level 44 for like 2 weeks so i didnt get thrown into next bracket. =/

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

I think thew tourney layout was damn good, good job Officers and Luna. Only thing, the brackets need to be broken into half decades. Prime example, my lock vs Maylia, level 38 vs lvl 30. She got me to 90% health. Basically everything she threw at me I resisted because of the level difference. Also, come as you want. I think just about everyone said, it much nicer words, that warrior's got owned in the duel. Thats top reason I didnt duel with mine. IMHO, regardless how you spec them, warriors dont have the staying power to pvp. Yeah, the eat rouges and warlocks for dinner, but pallys, hunters, mages, unless you come geared to fight each class, and with our stipulation about keeping the same gear the whole time, its kinda impossible. Potions, sharpening stones, trading out armor/items/weapons, should all be allowed the next time around. Make it more pvpish.

Comment

we should find someplace thats not a big open area, like somewhere with pillars and stuff so terrain actually matters. it might be kinda cool to hide behind something like if, and this example is totaly out of the blue, a fire mage was about to swat you for like 1500+ damage you could duck behind a pillar out of his line of sight. and stuff like that.
                    frowning takes 47 muscles, and smiling only take 17, but sitting there with a zombie like stare on your face takes 0, we have a winner.

The fights are so bitter because the stakes are so small. -watch words of academia

Comment

Ducking for cover really doesn't work in this game. There is not really any way to miss other than your char pulls of a dodge or resist. There is way to make much use of cover. Now I know you can do a little bit with out of line of sight but probably not much.
                      "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

ive practicly soloed all the way to lvl 56, and hance have learned some tricks. i can kill a caster mob without even getting hit as long as i have something to break his line of sight. lack of line of sight can ruin casters because you have to be in thier line of sight the moment they start the spell and the moment they cast the spell. dosen't matter what happens in the mean time but for example. if you get sheeped by some random fire mage and he started casting his flaming ball of death at you you could pop the insignia of the alliance and duck behind a pillar. when his cast finishes it interupts it and says he needs line of sight. its hard to cast anything that takes more than a second or two if the person keeps ducking away. the reason most people think this isn't very important is because some object and terrain are ignored as line of sight obsticles once the person start casting so it seems as if it makes no diffrence when in reality you are hiding behind the wrong thing.

Comment

I think we should take off all of our armor and clothes, and fight with fists. That'll show who really has the most skill :P

Comment

Jamma that would be a real interesting tournament. we would all go out and raise our unarmed skill first. I like the idea.

Kemo
                            Kemotaha

Comment

I curretly have 300 unarmed and 300 fist weapon skill. I duel wield bloody brass knuckles and find myself doing almost as much damage as I do with a weapon but way faster. Guild tabards and bare nuckles, that would be emo hot!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X