Dead Computer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Computer

Friday night I logged off hitting exit game and my computer froze. Not a big deal it happens from time to time but not every day. Well Saturday morning it would not boot back up. I have been through everything and best I can tell is is just not loading the OS. the MB has a rudimentary POST card built in I can get codes that tell me POST is done and it is to the load OS stage. I am not sure ifit is a physical HDD problem ( I hope Not) or some bug hit my boot sector or something but I haven't had time delve through it all.

So you may not see me for a bit. I will be back as soon as I can but if it is the HDD. I can't just buy a new one I will have to wait till I can get warranty replacment on this one and that will probably involve waiting for some shipping. So it may be a couple weeks but I'll hope for a just a few days.
    "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Re: Dead Computer

Hurry back, Q!

Comment

Hey Q I think I have a 30 GB harddrive laying around and I saw that you are in the same state as me. I could get that to you sooner if you wanted while you are waiting for a replacement.

Kemo
      Kemotaha

Comment

I just got OS reinstalled the HDD seems ok. Now I have to reset everything up and reinstall WoW. Kemo sending you a PM.
        "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

I use Hitachi's Drive Fitness Test all the time to test HDD's since it will scan any model. http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/support/download.htm
          You can create bootable cd's or floppy's to start the scan. I recommend running the advanced test to get the best results. Expect to wait ~30 minutes for an 80GB drive scan.

Good Luck.
          |TG| Noxxium

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...