Protection Warriors= Suck??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protection Warriors= Suck??

I dont know how many of you have seen this, but this is extremley pertinent for protection spec warriors who loads of defense on their gear.

We have determined that the defense statistic was being applied to items too liberally, causing those items to be stronger than they should have been relative to other items of the same level with different effects. As a result, we have reduced the amount of defense points on all items with bonuses to defense by approximately 33% in order to bring those items in line with other similar items.

This is straight off the test realms WoW page. In a nutshell it states that all defense items will be nerfed 33%. Basically for every +15 defense points that item you have gives now, once 1.7 comes out it will only give you +10. This is horrible news as all its going to do is make the healers job that much harder. I hope they leave this out, player sentiment is extremely negative towards this. They are making the tank useless at this point and trying to make people go to arms fury. Why tank when you cant stay alive long enough to do it??

Re: Protection Warriors= Suck??

Welcome to the Pally's world- the world of being nerfed, repeatedly.

Comment

gotta love the locks. you look at us from the pure stat and spell angle and you see a bunch of whimpy underpowered squishys. add a deamon and talent skills and you get an uber powerful engine of destruction but no one looks at that. locks are nerf safe, oh ya!
      frowning takes 47 muscles, and smiling only take 17, but sitting there with a zombie like stare on your face takes 0, we have a winner.

The fights are so bitter because the stakes are so small. -watch words of academia

Comment

I saw that and cringed... its going to SUCK the big one! Warriors have a tough enough time with PVP being slammed down our throats, now they are hitting the one thing that makes us able to compete in instances? Blizzard is starting to get on my S*&@ list!
        Bleue

Comment

I agree this does suck big time...I had been thinking of returning to arms and fury spec.well at least i can kick some serious ass before I die, instead of getting my ass kicked before i die. Either way im gonna die but I should at least feel good about how i went down..I know its all about tanking but if wow keeps on im gonna be tanked out..
          Candrice 63 Warrior
          Ricca 70 Rogue
          Machelle 70 Mage
          Enya 74 Druid

Comment

It is done. I am no longer a protection spec warrior but a slice and dice duel wielding ball of pointed ear arms fury madness. Dont count on me for main tank purposes in instance if their is a protection warrior around. Sorry guys, it was either the respec or the delete button.

Comment

LOL skeet don't toss your shield just yet even with fury you still have taunt and shield bash and CAN MT I have started keeping a second set of armor that is straight armor no atributes for when and if I'm called on to MT slap on a shield my armor goes to around 8000+ yes I still die, Yes my damage meter SUCKS. But can still use shield bash when needed (bat woman in ZG) and taunt although I have come to the conclusion that taunt doesn't work half the time challenging shout needs less cooldown and so does mocking blow. but are much more effective, can be used in battle stance, and keep the agro on you in a pinch.

So don't back out of MT status yet.

Comment

I'm with Tasra on this. I must be in the minority, but i always assume a tank isn't supposed to do damage...just hold the mob still and smirk when it hits the floor. I didn';t appreciate the loss in defense, either, but I'm sticking with my hybrid-protct/arms spec and I'm still loving it.

Oh, ya, and I know that hitting someone is how you keep your aggro (plus a few other tricks) which is y i'm a hybrid. And hey, I understand that other people play warriors differently. It does suck, but that doesn't mean we can't kick some tail anyway.
                Last edited by Nyll; 09-30-2005, 04:38 PM. Reason: forgot something...

Comment

I didn't say I wasn't going to kick some tail... I am just a little upset at the nerf in general. I use taunt very little other than if a mob is on their way to the casters. My new favorite skill is shield slam... especially when it crits. That skill hits harder than my sword, even when it doesnt crit! And I have been lucky enough to have it crit for over 1000.
                  As far as a skill set, This is how I'm specced.
                  Arms tree = 11 points
                  Fury tree = 5 points
                  Protection = 35 points

If you would like to see in more detail, follow the link in my signature and it will show you everything:)
                  Bleue

Comment

LOL bleue I do agree that it sucks. no debating that. Was just say ing not to retire the wariors just yet. I can understand anyone beig upset when their toons main purpose is to take damage and WoW and that ability is seriously inhibited by their patch while another calss is given all these new stats. It sucks. Getting to the point of throw a pali in the same armor and hall him tank. But there is still a lot of great things about our class not to be overlooked.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X