TG Bank Idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Bank Idea

I found a mod that let me create a web page of all items in my bank and on my character. Tell me what you think:

http://www.bigcypresstableworks.com/...s_Current.html

If this is what we've been looking for, I think we need to set up certain people who would want to do this and divide them up to hold certain items.

Key:-Character_Name (item types) [___.html]

-TGarmor (Armor) -->possibly divided into different sets, such as:
    -TGarmplate (Plate Armor) [plate.html]
    -TGarmmail (Mail Armor) [mail.html]
    -TGarmleather (Leather Armor) [leather.html]
    -TGarmcloth (Cloth Armor) [cloth.html]
    -TGweap120 (Weapons lvl 1-20) [weap1_20.html]
    -TGweap2040 (Weapons lvl 20-40) [weap20_40.html]
    -TGweap4060 (Weapons lvl 40-60) [weap40-60.html]

This is just a broad idea. I am willing to head this up...but I wouls like a person for eachsection. It will help spread the burden and lessen the chance of the whole TG bank relying on one person logging into a couple alts to give out bank items.

I intend to make a website that is a blank skin. The individuals would send me their ___.html file or maybe even upload it themselves to a certain file on the webpage. All pages are independent and don't rely on the others to be current.

I'll start the page soon...ideas welcome...and volunteers most definitely...

***I would also like to have a seperate section for individuals to be able to display their items in a "character item list" section. This would help with inter guild trading***

Re: TG Bank Idea

What is the mod. I might be able to modify it to go further. Like have it add what skills you have or what not. I have had this on my mind ofr a while, but haven't taken any time to look into it. We could even have it setup so it automatically uploads the data to the website.

Just a few thoughts.
    Kemotaha

Comment

Guildbank is the mod.

As for putting that other info, that is all character specific stuff and would be better in a seperate part of the website. Guildbank basically takes the last image/info of all your bags and bank and then you have to extract it using a program called a parser before you can then upload as this new html file.

I would also be interested in having all our skills and such show, but this mod wasn't made for that...have a look though and tell me what you find.

Comment

It is simple enough. It wouldn't be too hard to add all the skills, if you were familar with the interface Blizzard has given. It would take me a while to get it done but I think I could do it. How much interest is there in the guild for it?

Kemo
        Kemotaha

Comment

The Webpage for this is coming along nicely. I need volunteers to create characters (i'll give you the name) to act as banks (will not play them, only a bank). I'll give you access to upload them to my website. I will walk some people through the process.

Download SmartFTP in the meantime and i'll give you passwords etc once you declare your interest.

thanks guys...think you'll like this...

Comment

I really like the idea of a guild bank. I get items all the time that others may be able to use but I just sell the to NPC vendors cause I just dont have the room to keep them, I normally ask those that are online first but it really hurts those that aren't on at the time.
            Unfortionatly I am about to move and my online time will be unreliable for the next month or so, so I cant help at the moment, but when all is done I would be glad to help out with this.
            One additional type of Items I think should be included is a bank for Plans, Recepies and such, these are really helpful to the player that is currently leveling and not really to those already at 60, but it is still in my opinion very benificial to the guild as a whole.

Comment

do you have to run the executable to get it to parse the data and create the HTML file?

Kemo
              Kemotaha

Comment

I might have found something that will do everything we want, ie. show recipes and quests and items. It is called WOW profiler. There is a website interface and "builds" a guild webstie for you. Obviously it will need some tweaking but if we as a guild want to go for it, I can get something temporary up to test it.

Let me know

Kemo
                Kemotaha

Comment

i'm interested to see what it does. let me know.

and as far as executable....yes...BankScan has a program parser.exe that turns the savedvariables.lua into index.html...this has to be renamed appropriately before uploaded...

I think i might have most people just send me their file through email or something....but i don't know if it's that easy

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X