Fianlly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fianlly

I have just been informed that we should have internet within the next 15-20 days! About time! So enjoy the peace while you can!

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Re: Fianlly

I will have internet hopfully by 8 PM tonight and I have already received my new computer and already screw up my new computer :( When I was copying some of my files from my old computer to my new computer it said that is overwrote some Windows files. Im guessing that's what is causing the problem. If I put in my XP Pro install disk and choose to Repair, would it fix the overwritten windows files?

Comment

Originally posted by caldsteven
      I will have internet hopfully by 8 PM tonight and I have already received my new computer and already screw up my new computer :( When I was copying some of my files from my old computer to my new computer it said that is overwrote some Windows files. Im guessing that's what is causing the problem. If I put in my XP Pro install disk and choose to Repair, would it fix the overwritten windows files?
      No, it won't. Repair drops you to a command prompt, where you can do things like fix partition tables, etc....big things,you know?

Used to be that you had a choice where to install your OS, I don't know if that is still an option in XPPro. If you can, leave the current file system alone, and see if it allows you to install windows to a seperate folder.

Comment

There is a repair that will do that but it doesn't always work. You have to act like you are going to install it again and then there is a repair option only if it can find the windows version. But it is confusing and most people just find the command line util. Which wil work if you know what file you copied over. You can extract it from the CD back over to the disk.

You other option is the install it with out formatting the harddrive. You will have to reinstall all the programs but your data should still be there.

Hope that helps.
        Kemotaha

Comment

I tried all of that and it worked to some extent. Now it cannot install my Audio Devices, but I think that may be a clashing error with my graphics card. I'm going to try taking out my graphics card and reinstalling windows. Oh, and get this. The landlord "forgot" to install our phone box on the outside of the house! Also there are only 2 phone jacks in the whole house. Anyway, once the landlord gets his thumb outa his @$$ we'll have internet and i'll try and get my grpahics card to work. If it's not compatible, does anyone have an AGP graphics card I can purchase?

Comment

Please Delete This Thread

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse