Dissappointed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dissappointed

After reading thru articals and keeping a close eye on the "TG chanel" I'm begining to feel that I was mislead to believe that you were actually trying to create a "guild community" of smaller guilds wanting to get into larger instances. After reading threads and the channel I realize you were only fishing for a " sister guild" to fill in the extra 10 spots of 60's you need for molten core and the larger instances. I"m happy you found one. But not sure I want to fill in on instances only when you can't get enough guildies together. which is exactly what you use the TG cahnnel for. I feel that it was misrepresented and though i can appreciate you looking out for your guild Neither do I want to be used only as a means to benefit your guild and not everyone involved. Neither did i appreciate being asked to contribute to a website and forums that is so obviously dedicated only to your guild.

Luna you really missrepresented yourself saying that you were setting up a thread for a schedule and then making it your guildies get first dibs. I'm dissappointed in the outcome. The sad part is I wasn't the only Guild rep there and if I'm not the only one dissappointed in the outcome you may have hurt your guild more than you benefitted them.

Re: Dissappointed

Im sorry you feel this way Tasra and I belive the gaming schedule we posted was misunderstood. This "schedule" is in now way finished. As far as guildies only, this is pertaining to only certain things. Of course we, and any other guild, will always try to get guildies for the 5 man quest. It cuts down on the amount of times having to run instances if you can get 4-5 people's done in one shot. As far as raids go, we are nowhere near ready for Molten Core/Onyxia. Even if we had 40 level 60 toons, TG as whole still lacks the experience on these two runs to do this all guild. Ive been level 60 for almost 6 months now. Ive only ever been to MC one time, and it was bad. Tactical Gamer is looking for other guilds not only to share raids with, but other ingame activities. We need help with pvp, we need help with 10 man raids, we need help with pvp raids. Im sorry if what was said in the forums turned you off to TG. It was in no way meant to do so. We are reaching that exciting time within our guild that comes with growth. We will EVENTUALLY do Molten Core all guild. We will EVENTUALLY do Onyxia all guild. This is the goal of every succesful guild leader in game now. As a member of Tactical Gamer and several pvp server guilds, I can only tell you the joy brought to all my Guild Leaders when they realized what they had started was, 1.) growing everyday 2.) getting better in game 3.) succesful. Im sorry if this was misunderstood, and please let us show you what was intended so you can continue to enjoy TG and vice versa.

Comment

I understand what your saying skeet but we can't put 40 people together on a large instance who don't have the experience raiding and instancing together. I have a guild of guys who are all too ready to jump when someone crys help. An example is 2 back to back atunement runs and then leave to MT the last boss in UBRS. but the only time I have seen an invite in the TG channel is to fill in for a guildie that left the party and I was under the impression we were going to try to get guildies grouping together and used to fighting together so when we get to the big instances they will be used to the way each other does things. I have guildies that work well together because they are used to how each other plays but becuase we are spread thru timezones it is difficult to get them into full instace group. If i'm going to tell them to support TG I would expect for TG to to include them not come back with " well it's a guild schedule" and " guildies have first dibs" with no invites for those events on the in game TG channel. Which is exactly what i've been seeing and why i'm dissappointed.

Comment

Don't make any final decisions on this yet, Tasra. I spoke to Luna tonight about this at dinner as your initial post concerned me and she assures me there is some sort of miscommunication or misrepresentation going on here. She will be able to respond to this fairly shortly.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Hello, Tasra!

I'm actually pleased to see some feedback from outside of the guild. To be perfectly honest with you, I had no idea that the scheduling thread would be viewed the way that you have mentioned- your input is allowing me to rethink the way we discuss ideas that are works in progress and not really ready to be viewed with a critical, external eye. When I answered your question about people outside of TG being invited I replied nonchalantly, simply because we hadn't hammered out any of the details yet. Of course we want to group with you guys. Of course we want to learn to play side by side with you- we wouldn't have considered the sister guild idea if we didn't have the full intention of forming the cross-guild groups and really working together to be ready to pull of an MC run. One thing I have learned, and in fact you and I have discussed, is just how important it is for all of us to really have a feel for eachother and to know our respective roles. You are absolutely correct in saying that only practicing together will accomplish this.

Rest assured, our goal in creating the tactical gamer channel in game was not, and never will be intended to be a remedy to "fill in" spaces on any raid. Thing is, that channel has been mighty handy lately in finding those "fill ins" because it's full of reliable, like-minded people who we would love to group with. All of us have various steps we need to take to be ready for these end-game instances, and as such should be able to ask over the channel "hey guys, I need to go kill Drakkasath- who can come?" And use that channel to find anyone else who needs to finish their quest. Thus far, the channel has been used numerous times to form groups with our sister guilds, although I'm confident that we haven't had the opportunity to extend an invite to you yet, with the one exception of a pickup raid that we started, and desperately needed a hand with at the very end. This is NOT the sole purpose of that channel- it was an isolated occurrance. Truth be told, if your guild ever needed an extra person for something that was important to you, I would *hope* you would use the channel to ask for a hand. It's not the main purpose of the channel, but it sure is handy when you really need a reliable person. The channel will be a main method of communication cross-guild to form these raids that we ALL need to do, for practice or for quests- the opportunity needs to present itself (meaning, we all need to be looking to run an instance at a time where enough people are on to compile a group). This will happen as people complete their end game quests and become ready to practice together.

We HAVE used the channel for cross-guild runs already. For example, last night a bunch of folks from TG and Blood of the Dragonshard all had to do the "stormwind rendezvous" segment of the onyxia chain. TONS of people showed up in stormwind from numerous guilds that had access to that channel, either to turn in the quest themselves, or to cheer everyone else on. Yes, we knew it could be soloed, but we really wanted to show up and cheer eachother on. It's great for morale. I was even passing out beer to everyone to celebrate, and offered a toast to everyone who had gotten so far in the quest line. I wish you could have been there- it was a sight to see. I kept checking my friend's list, hoping you would pop on for the fun. The TG channel is still a new channel and a new mode of communication for us, in terms of cross-guild information. Please pardon our rough edges- we're learning as we go.

It is the intention of TG to use the tactical gamer channel as well as the forums to do precisely what you are looking for- to get groups together who have similar goals, whether those goals are practice runs for MC, or for quest segments that all of us would like to accomplish.

As for the forums being dedicated to our guild, Tactical Gamer has been around for almost a decade. We are a large community overall that extends outside of WOW. Naturally, as we have grown, this has been the place for us to communicate what we need and what we know to eachother. As such, you have an archive here of all of the discussions we have had in the public eye. We have only very recently hit the growth point where we even had the possibility of preparing for such things as Molten Core and the like. We are very, very excited about this growth, of course. It's a huge milestone. But, do not let our enthusiasm for our growth and our goals obscure the fact that we have opened our forums up to other guilds whom we trust and would like to see a relationship with. We are at the very beginning of a great thing that we hope to share with you, if you will have us. Remember though, I extended this invitation formally this past week- we need to communicate and build these relationships from square one. There isn't going to be much "out of guild" talk yet because we just had the opportunity to invite you and haven't had enough time together to really start planning TOGETHER.

I have alot more to say, but surely you are getting bored reading me go on and on about this. I would like to speak with you as soon as it is convenient, to iron out ALL of the concerns you have addressed and set your mind at ease as to our motivations and goals. Please message me in game, or pull me aside on teamspeak anytime- we have many great things to talk about that will most certainly benefit everyone.

Speak to you soon!

--Luna

Comment

Let me strt this off right Thank you to everyone who responded either online or on TS. WOW! Luna knows i really and i mean REALLY liked the idea of an interguild chanel and getting diferent guilds together for instances, quests, and general mischief. I dislike Pick up groups as much as the next one and think it's amazing what a well formed and organized group can do.

I have received nothing but warm responses to my outbust tellling me i'm mistaken, welcoming me to channel and asking me to not jump to conclusions too quickly. Which I wil admit i had. There are some realy great people here and in game unfortunately are also some really lousy ones unfortunately to date the lousy ones have outnumbered the good ones. But my scales are quickly changing. and I couldn't be happier to say that.

You have an awsome idea Luna lets make it work.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X