Lord Hydraxis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord Hydraxis

Looking around a few websites, i noticed something about Molten Core that no one seems to have clued me in on. Apparently, the Hydraxian Waterlords faction, those wierd people we suddenly get faction with when we kill the rare, odd elemental, have actual quests. Two of these quests lie within the Molten Core.

The second of these quests, according to websites, "allows for the summoning of Majordomo" and hence the appearance of Ragnaros. So, the question here is, do we need to access that quest so that when TG takes on MC on its own we actually have the option of fighting Ragnaros? I would assume that only 1 person in 40 needs to be able to summon Majordomo, but if we wander in there and no one can summon him.....

So, if no one has taken the time to do the Waterlords quests and gain faction with them, we might be setting ourselves up for failure. Anyone got any better information on this?

Re: Lord Hydraxis

"The second of these quests, according to websites, "allows for the summoning of Majordomo" and hence the appearance of Ragnaros. "

Actually the part that allows for summoning is the last part of the chain.

"So, the question here is, do we need to access that quest so that when TG takes on MC on its own we actually have the option of fighting Ragnaros?
    "
    The answer to that question is yes.

"I would assume that only 1 person in 40 needs to be able to summon Majordomo, but if we wander in there and no one can summon him....."

Actually you need at least 7 people that have completed the quest to summon Majordomo.

"So, if no one has taken the time to do the Waterlords quests and gain faction with them, we might be setting ourselves up for failure. Anyone got any better information on this?"

You can actually complete about the first 3 or 4 parts of the chain before you have to have a Honored standing with the Waterlords. Your honor will also increase at a very good pace once you start killing mobs in the Molten Core. It is not uncommon to go from neutral to friendly in one or two runs just killing Luci and Magmadar. I would not waste the time farming for faction in Silithus. In all honesty most everyone will probably be well on their way to revered by the time you are ready to summon Majordomo.

After you have a Honored standing then the Duke gives you a quest to collect the 4 hands of the serpent bosses(Luci,Gehennas,Shaz and Sulfurion.) After the 4 hands are turned in then the Duke allows you to get the special water to summon Majordomo.

Hope this helped.
    Happychick 70 Holy Priest
    Asminn 70 Rogue

Comment

So to me, it sounds like when we really get rolling as a guild in MC, the process of taking down the bosses will get us to the status we need to be with the hydraxian waterlords to have access to Majordomo (Or at least to have access to the quest we will need to summon the boss). Is that accurate, Happy?

Comment

That is correct. Hopefully by the time Shaz is taken down alot of people will have the rep needed to get the hands quest, it may even happen sooner than Shaz. Then it is just a matter of time to wait for the instance to reset and start collecting the hands.
        Happychick 70 Holy Priest
        Asminn 70 Rogue

Comment

Thanks for the good info Happy

Comment

Remember it will take time to get the quest series completed, but the process of killing the mobs in MC will give everyone sufficient reputation to get the quest series. The time comes from what they ask you to kill - for example the core hounds - if you have already killed Magmadar then no more spawn, so you need to wait until next week when the instance resets. Once you have done that then you will already have killed some of the bosses whose hands the follow up quest needs, so you have to wait another week.

When you finally get all the hands (the last being Gehennas) then you can get the phial of water needed to douse one of the eight flaming runes in MC. Once all eight of the runes are doused then Majordomo is summoned - but don;t look forward to killing him because you just defeat his adds. Ragnaros takes care of Majordomo for you :D

Enjoy your MCing......

TL.
            -=[dMw]=-TeaLeaf
            deadmen.co.uk
            Vanilla cleared in vanilla. TBC cleared in TBC.
            Heroic WotLK cleared. Awaiting Cataclysm.

Comment

I heard about that. I soooooo want to see it....

(which reminds me) so, Does Majordomo have drops?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X