Faction!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faction!

While Luna and our beloved officers (pun?) figure out what to do with all this great faction-building with guys like the Timbermaw and the Thorium Bros., I wanted to take a sec to focus on building faction with the Alliance. Up until recently, this was either no big deal (getting honored is accidental at worst) or very very important for that strange character that wants a mount he/she shouldn't be riding. (Someone like me.)

However, the recent patch notes are hinting at what may be future rewards for revered and exalted faction with the Alliance. As many high level players know, once you get past 40, the quests that grant alliance faction get less and less common. (Quests for the gnomes are always rare, it seems.) While we can, and must, help each other gain neurtral factions (furbolg grinding, dark iron farming, etc.) it isn't so clear-cut how to help those people who actually want to be important to the Alliance. (Aside from maybe morrowgrain and runecloth, but with the rewards being more individual than guild-oriented right now, it can be a little selfish to ask someone to give up their future runecloth bandages for a quick 5 points of honor out of 1 zillion.)

Something I realized as I worked on my different characters was a lot of how honor works, but more importantly, that there are some quests you just do, no matter which race you are or area you are in. What I'd like to see is people who have found quests that offer big faction bonuses, especially Alliance Faction bonuses, to post those here so that guildies can get the rep they want. I think a similar thread can be started for great quest rewards or maybe even for quests that are must-do for other reasons. The worst is to find the quest that would have rocked when you were 25, but to realize you're now 50 and it won't help you anymore (which happened to me recently.)

Naturally, I've forgotten more quests than I remember, so I hope others can quickly add to this list and lower-level players can benefit from our experience.

Re: Faction!

The Embalmer Series (starts at Abercrombie in Raven Hill) grants total Alliance Faction.
    lvl 25-32

Seasonal Quests, such as the Festival of the Harvest and Orphan's Week, grant Alliance Faction (so do them whenever they pop up!)

And, yes, it pays to start in the starter area of the race whose faction you want.

Comment

What do you do with Runecloth to gain faction points with the Alliance?
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Give it away over and over again I think 60 pieces a shot for some x amount of faction bonus.
        "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

Originally posted by Quarath
          Give it away over and over again I think 60 pieces a shot for some x amount of faction bonus.
          Give it away to whom?
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

there are "alliance cloth quatermasters outside tailor shops who bum cloth off you, the ones in IF and SW only take wool and silk as i recall, the one in darnasus take up to runecloth or something like that. im probaly wrong but that roughly how it works.
            frowning takes 47 muscles, and smiling only take 17, but sitting there with a zombie like stare on your face takes 0, we have a winner.

The fights are so bitter because the stakes are so small. -watch words of academia

Comment

i turned in the wool and then silk to them in darnassuss...there was a guy in IF too, between the leather and cloth in the inner circle. It would seem that they offer diiferent versions based on your level or reputation...my guess...

Comment

It doesn't matter what faction you want but it works basically like this. You turn in Linen til you get to wool, then wool til you get to silk, then silk til you get to mage weave then once your faction is great enough you can only turn in runecloth and it takes roughly 600 stacks to get to exalted with any faction. I know people who have cross mounts and all of them says it takes that much.

alava
                Thunderhorn:
                70 Night Elf Priest-Lunaar(holy)
                70 Human Mage-Alava(Fire)
                70 Night Elf Hunter-Insai(Beast Master)
                70 Dwarf Paladin-Ginoldor(Protection)
                70 Human Warrior-Revenged(Protection)
                70 Draenei Shaman-Tianora(Elemental)
                70 Draenei Shaman-Fayrel(Restoration)
                Gilneas:
                50 Undead Priest-Eikyl(Shadow)

Comment

A couple of things:

YOu never turn in linen.

YOu turn in 60 mageweave, 60 silk, 60 wool cloth in any order, each is a spereate quest.
                  Do all 3 and you can turn in 60 runecloth.
                  After that, you can turn in 20 runecloth at a time for a time bump in faction.

Quartermasters are found next to tailors, except for the gnome one who is found in tinkertown.

Comment

The Missing Diplomat

awards Alliance Faction and a gold (which is great for the level of the quest) and a ring (which sells to vendors for a good deal as well.)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X