WARNING!!!! Looted accounts!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WARNING!!!! Looted accounts!

I chatted briefly with Proxy in game this morning (Monday). He informed me that last night (Sunday, 10/9/2005) after he logged off, someone apparently looted his account of over 1,000 gold and several purple items. He's now involved in the misery of account verification with Blizzard...

So, a word to the wise from him...CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD! NOW!!!!
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Re: WARNING!!!! Looted accounts!

Cant really believe this. It is extremely hard w/o giving your user info for someone to hack your WoW account. Ive even tried running a random word/number generator program on the login screen and came up with squat. Still keeping your password different every six weeks or so ise a good idea.

Comment

One key to this is that Alakazam posted that one of their advertiser's links was corrupted with a key logging Trojan...fixed now, but that could do it.

Another clue is that Blizzard has been posting about deleting gold and acquired items from accounts that somehow got their gold even indirectly from hacked accounts.
      Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

i sent in all my info to get my account back a long ordeal needing me to fax all my info and crap *prays* it says i can get it back in a hour or up to a week in time i assume its gunna take 6 months but i am praying btw guys watch ur butt's there is a key logger at alakazam

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X