1.8 Nerf Warriors?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.8 Nerf Warriors?

I heard some chatter right after the 1.8 patch from Tasra among others that suggests that warriors are feeling the pain from cumulative nerfing. What's the experience of the the experienced warriors in the guild?

Is it worth my investment to level Beep up from lvl 49???
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Re: 1.8 Nerf Warriors?

Beep you know me.. you know I love my little warrior.. but I would happily give Blizz a swift kick for the reprocussions of their latest brainstorm. I know it was intended to slow down the damage of Rouges and of some of the faster two handed weapons, and I really can't quote numbers but after the 1/3 defense nerf on armor then whatever they decided to do with the damage... the same level 55 elites I was fighting sunday ago and surviving no problem are now demolishing me with a +8 on my weapon. I can't take them down. tried twice. My charge is almost disabled since I agro as soon as I get into range. so the quick attack you have to carefully plan and be quick to pull it off. (example: the same DM run we did with manny without pulling extra agro.. at level 60 couldn't et close enough to charge without pulling a mob.)

Although I'm not convinced I need to put her away yet... The thought has crossed my mind.

Comment

As a low damage dealing but high hating warrior it doesn't seem to affect me as much. I did notice it on my other warrior as my quick hits didnít seem to do as much damage initially. All in all, this will just draw out my already painful solo fights.
      Bleue

Comment

My original 'toon, Beep, is a level 49 warrior. He has been at that level for months. I have looking for motivation to pull him off the shelf and start leveling him into the 50's, but this recent nerfing does not make this appealing, especially since most xp is gained solo (in my experience). It's not motivating to see/hear about these changes.

More than many, I value the heck out a good, aggro-keeping warrior (Bleue, you're a wonder!), but that doesn't always make for a "fun", enjoyable character. Heh, then again, a lot of folks think that a priest is the most boring 'toon in the world. (Shhhh....don't tell Beepster) :row__684:
        Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

I speak from experience that a protection specced warrior is 95% boring (if you quest alone) and 5% hell when you know that if you fail, odds are good that without another damage taker, everyone else fails. I get tired of trying to kill things when alone. I can't take out a 57 elite alone. I have a lvl 43 (arms/fury specced) warrior that has been able to take out elites equal to his level and even 1 or 2 higher with some lucky crits. Thats one reason I dont like doing pvp as much. Whats really sad is Klink, at lvl 43, hits as hard as Bleue. I know he cant take the damage, but cmon!

I tried playing a priest, but I guess my mentality isn't set on being in the back. I wouldn't say that they are boring, but not my first choice. I think its just a personality thing. The moral of the story? Play what you want....just play it hard ;)
          Bleue

Comment

Originally posted by Bleue
            The moral of the story? Play what you want....just play it hard ;)
            AMEN!
            Beep

Comment

LOL Blueue you hit it dead on with that I've tried a priest and a pally but grow bored easily with either of them keep them for helping out lower levels. The only toon I have that I like playing as much as Tas is my druid I play on another server with a guy from work. the shapeshifting makes her soooo much fun to play and versitile. But alas.. my midget will always be my favorite to play even with the nerfing.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X