Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch 1.8 and UI Mods

:row__529: :row__736: :icon_conf

I'm REALLY frustrated. I've been using Insomniax Compilation which was really great...best of breed, IMHO, up to Patch 1.7. Even after that, I was able to get updates and make things work. But now Patch 1.8 has got me whipped.

I've deleted everything in the Addons folder and reinstalled, updating individual mods that are current with 1.8. Even then, it's still unplayable.

So...kiddies...this is my request...what mods are working well for you after Patch 1.8?

The parts that I really like and want to keep at all costs.
    1. Titan Panel
    2. Atlas
    3. CT Raid Assist
    4. SOMETHING that will let me tailor my action bars/buttons/locations.
    5. Monkey Quest
    6. Gatherer
    7. Some bag management mod.
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Re: Patch 1.8 and UI Mods

My best suggestion is to give the UI developers a day or two to update their product in accordance with the new patch. It's tough to put a whole compilation together with all of the updates needed in under 24 hours, I would assume. I'll keep you posted on any updates I notice with Insomniax.

Comment

Originally posted by luna
      My best suggestion is to give the UI developers a day or two to update their product in accordance with the new patch. It's tough to put a whole compilation together with all of the updates needed in under 24 hours, I would assume. I'll keep you posted on any updates I notice with Insomniax.
      I'm tracking that as well. FWIW, it was around 2 weeks before they got 1.7 beta version done. I don't plan to wait that long.

The current plan is to delete everything and rebuild using mods that are already updated for 1.8. It'll be slower going than installing a complete package, but a lot faster than waiting for them to get things done. Heck, I don't even use half the stuff in Insomniax.

I'll post again in this forum after I figure out what works. I have found (in the Wow UI forums) a "quick fix" for some of the Insomniax errors, so I want to see what that will do for me.

ATM my goal is to get the following installed and working:
      1. Titan Panel
      2. Gatherer
      3. Monkey Quest
      4. Auto Repair
      5. Decursive
      6. Equip Compare
      7. CT Raid Assist
      8. A tool bar mod...maybe Discord Action Bars or perhaps Flexbar...both require lots of fiddling. This is the main problem I'm having with Insomniax (that modifies the BibToolbars mod)...since some of the macros that are supposed be triggered by the action bar buttons are showing "nil" value errors (meaning there's nothing there!).
      9. Selected pieces of CT_Mod.
      10. Autobuff
      11. Benecast
      Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

I highly, bend over and kiss my butt recommend Discord Action Bars. A facet you may like (and I've toyed with) is that if you save a particular set up of bars (in terms of buttons visible, placement, etc.), you can load that set up as a template. I had Insominax, liked it, but disliked the issues that developed in 1.7, so I tried DAB. Been worshipping it since then, and it was stable with 1.8 (except shapeshifting, where errors messages appear but don't affect game).

Aside, I'm running most of the same mods (ct raid, equip compare, titan w/plugins, DAB, decursive) and so I'm comfortable saying those are stable in 1.8 without updating (well, see DAB note above).

The benefits to shapeshifting, obviously, are huge for me, but I'll forwarn you that DAB doesn't work with Shadowform or Ghost Wolf (shaman). Just something in the hard code and I doubt DAB will ever be made 'compatiable'.
        So many scripts, so little time!

Comment

Good post, Rose. Thank you.

I found a "quickie" Insomniax (unofficial) patch in the WoW UI forum that at least got me back in game.

Discord action bars look like the path for the future, but since I found both them and the old Insomniax bars on screen at the same time, I've temporarily just hidden them.

Out of curiousity, who is using Cosmos? And are you happy with it?
          Beep

Comment

well, cosmos is mostsly functional. im getting a couple errors when i start up but they don't seem to affect anything. the only real problem i noticed was that the rep bars are screwy(im blaming that on the ct stuff i got). long story short, cosmos R0x03R5 j00r |30x0r5.
            frowning takes 47 muscles, and smiling only take 17, but sitting there with a zombie like stare on your face takes 0, we have a winner.

The fights are so bitter because the stakes are so small. -watch words of academia

Comment

I stopped using Cosmos some time ago, as I continuously got 'dead channels' or couldn't use channels. All the 'background' channels (aka, Sky, Earth) interfers with normal chat channels and at some point, you need to delete chat settings to clear it.

Something about not being able to use a healer channel in raid and seeing that the Cosmos folks had written a large paragraph summary to let you know when, why and how to fix the problem (ie, it spammed you when the dead channel was created) let to Cosmos meeting my trashcan.
              So many scripts, so little time!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X