PVP for Noobs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PVP for Noobs?

Beepster is a total PVP noob :row__738: I admit it!

I've never been to a battleground. I've never played capture the flag or whatever it is that you do. I've killed less than 20 horde...ever.

I want to explore the "PVP world", but I'm looking for a way to do so that makes me feel like less of a noob and a dolt (not that I AM less of one...just don't wanna feel like one).

1. I'd like some guidance/advice/instruction from the experienced hands (Zeeg/Luna/etc) about what I need to know, how to get started, where to go. I really know nothing, so don't assume anything. Post your advice in this thread (what an opportunity!!!)

2. I'm intrigued at the idea of being more intentional as a guild to create PVP groupings of guildies to help address the PUGliness of most PVP things. I'd be more inclined to go with my guild mates knowing they would hear my screams for help as I die...
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Re: PVP for Noobs?

I totally agree, and have some PvP exprience myself. I would say for starters, and Im sure you all ready do this, is make sure everything you use a lot is hotkeyed. I use a lot of SW:Pain, Shield, flash heal, fear and MC in PvP, mana burn on mages. What ever I use, it's hotkeyed I guess is the point.

Comment

I'm having fun in AB...i just started the PvP thing 3 weeks ago and I'm progressing in the ranks pretty well.

One thing is to know your roll in PvE and then amp it up when entering PvP...if you know you're a squishy...play like a squishy. What I mean is thaqt there are people actually gunning for you and you need to stay off their radar. Play the first time expecting to die and be totally confused.

I'll walk anyone into AB that is willing one night when I'm PvPing...just ask or let me know you're interested...

Comment

From the WoW community Website

Rank__Name__Guild__________lvl___lifetime kills___Rating
        4th___ Zeeg__Tactical Gamer__60__17,192______43,820

Zeeg, you da man!

Next best TG'r is Luna at 60th Rank
        Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

I would love to get more time as a guild doing PVP, but certainly not at the expense of instance runs and end game preparation. I'd be happy to put a group together on a night where we don't have a particular run scheduled to go goof around in Arathi Basin (or if the rare opportunity arose, in Alterac Valley, the Mecca of PVP). We can always practice strategy by doing our impromptu raids on Crossroads and such- in fact, I would like to do that as a guild sometime very soon if the interest were there.

Balance is key here, though. I don't want people to feel we are moving towards being an exclusively PVP guild- we are a "regardless of your game preferences, TG is THE place to be for teamwork and great times" guild. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X