Where I can be found

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where I can be found

I figured I'd start a new one Luna since this really doesn't have a lot to do with Spec's. As everyone knows I pretty much have been off on my own working on my kitty. I am now 1/3 of the way thru revered to exhaulted for those keeping tabs. I still need approximately 283 turn ins for exhaulted ( that is waaaay too much runecloth) but I've also been doing a few DM runs and A trip thru UBRS ( cut short due to server shut down) what i did get from UBRS was the ability to make demon forged breastplate. the mats aren't that bad except the need for the demonic runes ( BoP) I've been scrounging runecloth in the same areas I can aquire the runes. ( let me know if you have an alt with a need for this piece) I'm trying to get as much accomplished in a little time bacause once i get my kitty I never want to see another piece of runecloth that isn't converted to a bandaid.

I'm still trying to make a few instance runs during the week but trying to steer clear of the ones that take hours on end to complete. And I'd like to make a couple more DM runs during the week there are a couple of drops I'd still like out of there if anyone is interested.

Re: Where I can be found

Always interested in a DM run Tas. I'll also start workin a bit harder on pickin up that runecloth... with two of us farming, we'll get you lots and lots and lots.

I also kinda want that breastplate... :P

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

I'd like to work over DM with you (Beepster). Anytime!!!
      Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

I to also need to learn DM, so I should be game

Comment

OHHHHH GAWD ..... ok I really should start a new post for this but..... well... I piced up something in DM tonight.. it's called foror's comendum of dragonslaying http://www.thottbot.com/?i=35776 cut and paste the link.... I'm still in kinda a state of shock so forgive me.. I need to finish up the onoxia key quest. FAST. I treally believe I can get a tag along to complete this one into onyxia's liar but I have to be abloe to get into the liar. I have up to the cave in Winterspring then I believe I need another trip into UBRS then onyxia. Guys this is HUGE. I dont think it's been seen on our server before. and yes it drops in DM .

Comment

Wow, pretty amazing- what would we need to actually DO in Onyxia's lair for you to have this?

Comment

just kill onyia

Comment

Bit more complex that that, Tasra.

You need to have Onyxia use her Deep Breath ability on the sword (which you've placed in the ground). This ability is used during 'Phase Two' of the Onyxia fight (there are three phases, see below). The catch-22 is that Deep Breath is often a raid wiping event, and something that guilds work to AVOID having occur.

Good News - after the breath is executed, you've got 20 minutes to kill her, use the sword on her corpse (ie, plunge it into her) and complete it. It generally takes about 10-15 to get back into the lair after a wipe, hence the timer.

I've seen this done, including guilds that allowed the breath and managed to avoid wiping. It's one of the hardest items to get, but obviously, warriors want it for tanking.

Oh, reward is this http://www.thottbot.com/?i=35887

Phases of Onyxia Fight:

Phase One - general tank situation, with Onyxia knocking tank back (get his back to a wall ASAP) and knockback by her tail, often it eggs to spawn whelps like UBRS.

Phase Two - Whelps spawn, rush raid (about 8 per side), while she takes off, drops fireballs. Steady, moderate-high damage at range. If not enough damage is sustained, she Deep Breaths ina large, box area of effect. You can dodge it (and you see an emote warning), but it's difficult to avoid losing folks. First Deep Breath I saw was enough to wipe the entire raid almost immediately, lost about 25+ folks out of the 35 present.

Phase Two to Three Transition - Main tank has to regain aggro after losing it all to ranged DPS, and then reposition against a wall. The single most difficult part of the fight, as its not hard to pull Onyxia off the tank with a single hit/nuke and proceed to wipe the raid.

Phase Three - very similar to Phase One. Whelps continue to spawn, 1-2 at a time. At 3%, she beserks and can one shot the tank. At this point, it's max DPS and spam heals if you can on the tank.
                So many scripts, so little time!

Comment

LOL Rose TY for that was being a bit smart with the " jut kill onyia" I knew about the breath and plunging the sword into her but didn't know the different phases she goes into. I need to get the key first before I even dream of getting into her lair. I'm just holding onto the hope that there is a group out there that wants to see it done and will let me come along to complete the quest. Trust me Im definately not under the misconception that this will be easy. But I gotta try.

Comment

I ain't blamin' ya tasra, on ghoddess no. A friend got the sword himself, I've seen it in game, and it's that freakin' kewl to look at, plus the effect/stats are great. I read over Luna's OL key post, and it's not that difficult in my view, definitely easier than Horde's IMO. I'm looking forward to getting the key done, but also getting the rest of TG keyed up. At worse, the Drakefire Amulet is an adequate fire resistance item, which you'll want in MC even if we never do OL as a guild!
                    So many scripts, so little time!

Comment

I got the key today tonight rose. Last step is a trip into the dragons lair. I figure it'll prolly be a while before I can beg/plead/pray my way into a major raid group to try this. That will be the hardest part of the quest. I know it's possible .. People have this weapon. I'm telling myself to have patience. Sooner or later the opportunity will arise for me to get into an OL raid. When that happens I'll jump at the chance to go just to complete this quest. that blade is amazing.

Comment

For the record, I would LOVE to get into Onyxia's Lair in the near future. I don't see it happening just yet within TG, but I would still like to take a gander at the mobs and bosses. Molten Core has been a blast- I imagine Onyxia would be much more difficult.

Comment

Luna I've been holding my breath and asking around within the groups that I know go with a semi-regular basis. I'm trying to look at it like I do my Kitty . I may not see it tomorrow.... but I"m stubborn I WILL see it. It just may take me a while.

Comment

I hear that, girl.. that's how I look at all of that end game content- it's just a matter of time and patience. The time will come naturally. The patience.. well.. we know how that goes.

Comment

LOL I figured being stubburn is gonna count for more than my patience LOL I"m almost halfway to my cat! I literally make myself spend an hour a night going after runecloth for turn in plus all the stuff sent to me by you, manny, liz, kemo. ( I know I'm leaving someone else.. Helle... LOL ) Happy, Dafarmer, BigJoe, and a few others. I'm hoping for a Kitty by christmas.

Now I figure sooner or later I'll do something right and get an invite into a raid on her lair. I'll prolly ask around and see if I can tag along on someones guild run. If they know I'm not after a drop but to complete the quest, I'm hoping for a positive response.

LOL someone told me the other night I had to have an angel looking over my shoulder for the kind of luck I've been having. Now who gave away my secret?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X