flash info on grouping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flash info on grouping

hey guys. saw this link on the blizz site thought you guys would benifit from some basic grouping info... make sure you click on all links. losts of info to be had:) enjoy.

http://lapetina.us/website/wow/group101.htm

Re: flash info on grouping

Good basics! With sound, even!
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Useful, if you can manage to find a group

*grumbles something about Westfall*
      RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Originally posted by Vinzalf
        Useful, if you can manage to find a group

*grumbles something about Westfall*
        I feel your pain! Early level grouping can be frustrating, at least in part because many players are learning to play the game and don't understand how to be effective with the character they have, much less how to play with others. Higher level characters who are developing an "alt" will pretty much breeze through to the high teens on their own with some casual 2-3 person partying to speed it up a bit.

Here are some thoughts:
        1. Use the chat channels to find a group. e.g. "LFG to complete (quest name)".
        2. Focus on killing mobs (solo) at or below your current level. Tackling mobs 2 levels higher is tricky and almost suicidal if they are 3 levels higher. (BTW, "mob" equal a "bad character", one to be killed. They are generically known as "mobs"). "Grinding" is another word to know...it means repetitively killing mobs in one area for the purpose of gaining xp. It's also related to "farming" which adds the component of looking for raw materials for selling or for your profession.
        3. Faster leveling in the pre-level 30 levels will generally come from quest completions. The other mobs you have to kill along the way will add to your xp.
        4. Love your rested xp! If you have rested xp, your experience is doubled until that is gone. Many players will develop 2 or 3 characters concurrently allowing for several days of rest as you rotate through each character's rested xp. This one is harder to follow if you have one main character and limited patience.
        5. There will be certain elite level quests (e.g. Hogger, Van Cleef) that will require help to complete. Elites, BTW, have many more HP than normal mobs and are usually not soloable in the early game. Finding another player trying to complete the same quest is the easiest, most satisfying way to get the quest done. You may have to be bold enough to chat your way into a party invitation...or do the inviting yourself. Most higher TG members will be willing to help for the last bits as well. As frustrating as it may seem, you will actually learn more by trying to handle things at your own level than by having a lvl 60 show up to kill everything in sight with one blow.

Hang in there! We've all been through it!:row__681:
        Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Heh, I'm well versed in the terminology of MMORPGS, actually, I used to be a Game Master for one of them (Very small one, and they burned me, so I won't say their name as it would be free advertising which is undeserved) for nearly two years straight.

Problem I find is, since this is an older server, the people who play on it, generally have alts on it as well, and well, they already have friends they can play with (or get help from). I managed to get into a great two person team last night, myself and a priest. We rocked the Jasperlode Mine (No pun intended). But the late hours won the battle of sleepiness, I'm sure if we're ever online at the same time It wont be a problem to team up again, its just that, when I play, not many others do.

Yea, I'm accustomed to the grind of early levels, generally It took place in Darnassus for me though. But Eventually I'll get going (VC if I remember correctly, is a great booster, unless it has been nerfed)

Then I'll probably try and join up with Mateo over by Menethil, or even going back to Elven country and Charging Headstrong into BlackFathom Deeps... though we'll probably need more than the two of us for that =D
          RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Good response...thanks for not making fun of me for my basic answer. I don't like to make assumptions about prior knowledge, figuring that it won't hurt and may help someone else.

I'll look for you in-game!
            Beep

Comment

I meant to put somewhere in there that It'd be good for others to hear, but apparently I felt more of a background session on myself would suffice. heh.

what is your name in game generally? And what part of minneapolis do you live in? =P
              RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

SEE WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT PALADINS! SEE?!?! They don't make fun of us even once! w00tz!

Pally Flavour for the Win!

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

Yea well.... in Need/Greed situations, Pallys Need 50% of everything, so in essence, Pallys are Greedy!
                  RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X