Understand a Priest Healing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understand a Priest Healing

Yesterday I was trying out some greater heals, the problem with this is that a player is usually almost in the red when you cast. I was finding other players would cast a heal(non-priests) to top the characters health up, thus waisting the time I planned to cast the spell, and the mana.

So the question is how is this solved? I would expect that players should trust that if their healer has mana, they don't need anyone throwing in heals. I'm trying to hone the skills with mana conservation, and Greater Heal is the best bang for the buck, but I notice people start to panick...or become rather uncomfortable when I start the cast. I don't start to cast until they are -2000 health (which isn't good for all classes).

I think this is a better way of doing things, but people your are grouping with and the Guild needs to know/trust what you're doing. Im still trying to figure out what Im doing...hehehe

Anyways, end of rant...
    Shawn

Re: Understand a Priest Healing

Four second casting time. Get a feel for how fast a cloth/rogue/druid/plate class suffers hits (I seperate rogue/druid as rogues get a huge dodge bonus). I've started casting Healing Touches the moment a cloth class is getting hit, knowing that when it lands, they'll be in the lower 20% of their life.

In MC, I've seen the same priest start casting Greater Heals anywhere between 80% and 50% of the health of a tank. The key issue is how many hitpoints and how 'slow' mobs can reduce those hitpoints (ie, how much damage reduction a player has and how hard to mobs hit, where you are grouping).

My advice is start G.Heals at 80%, and work 'down' and/or aborting heals as needed. If you get in a trouble (ie, you don't think a heal will land) abort and Flash Heal if you're still over 2 seconds on the G.Heal, or shield/flash heal if you're REALLY concerned. Likely, somewhere around 50-60% you'll find a good bubble where you're casting G.Heals with leeway, but not overhealing a tank.
    So many scripts, so little time!

Comment

I have a sugestion Lis.. It's worked pretty well with the group I run DM with. Unfortunately only works if all are on coms. It's this.. speak up Happy usually will tell me "it's on the way Tas" that way I don't waste a potion and someone else doesn't think I need a heal and jump in. Prevents a little panic on my part as well. Even in larger parties this works if coms are kept clear. No response needed and limits the over heals.

BTW you need a practice dummie for that techniqe?

Tas

Comment

Yeah, I always needs quality players to practise on, would it also help to have a whisper when I cast the big heals? or is that just too much spam?

Comment

Vioce tends to work better cause you're not looking at chat when your getting beat on

Comment

I think it takes faith in healers/tanks. When I tanking, even in MC, the only reason I see my health bar is cause it's next to my rage bar. I prolly spend more time looking healers' mana than my health.

Then again, if I have no faith in my healer, I'm more worried about my health ;)
            So many scripts, so little time!

Comment

good point. I usually spend the first 3 pulls looking at my health. i'm watching to see how closely the healers are watching out for me. If they pass. I try to forget about my health from there on out.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X