Teamspeak Info Session- 12/5 6:30 server time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teamspeak Info Session- 12/5 6:30 server time

I am setting up times for people to learn about teamspeak.

As officers, we find it necessary to have everyone understand how to use teamspeak more fluidly. This includes switching channels, setting self as away, and maybe even whispering directly to one person....all through keybinds.

I'm taking 10 people at a time at first and it shouldn't take more than 15 minutes.

As an admin, I'm starting to find it unecessary to "drag" everyone to a specific channel. It would be nice if someone would ask me what channel is open, i'd say party 2, then all members would keybind over to party 2...except for the new guy that i'd drag over...it just works better.

first session: Monday 12/5/05 @ 630 ST

please reply here if considering on attending. We will start at 630 sharp...if you miss it, there will be more opportunities later.

Re: TS "camps"

Orion if you need any help with this then let me know. I have been using TS heavily for over a year and a half now and now pretty much every trick about it.

Comment

So noted Phantom. Try to see if you can join me this first time...then maybe head up some of your own...definitely appreciate the help.

(Phantom goes back to my International Conflict days while playing Joint Ops...good guy.)

Comment

No problem, glad to help where I can. Yeah International Conflict is how I found Tactical Gamer, met Luna and quite a few others there.

Comment

I will do my best to be there.

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

Same goes for me if you wanna know anything about TS. I have been running my own TS Server for nearly two years now.

Can't wait for TS3, TS2 is so limited in ability.

Small example of what I do know. theres more. =P
            RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Re: Teamspeak Info Session- 12/5 6:30 server time

Bump!

Comment

It may be easier to assemble a FAQ, even if it's only a series on Setting Up TS (for new users) and a Walkthrough on Keybinds/Whispers.

As most of the basic commands are based on either specific details (ie, IP address) or use a series of drop down menus, I think a basic FAQ could answer 80% of questions about TS.

However, there is an aspect I would like addressed, in that we've got a variety of channels subgrouped in WoW. We do use most of them for groups/raids, but asking folks to have all of them programmed in TS is a bit intensive. I have only Groups 1-4 and the default (main) channel myself, and even then, folks have probably seen me channel hopping by accident, even though I set the keys on my numpad! Adding more channels becomes a memory game as well as liable to be miskeyed.
                So many scripts, so little time!

Comment

I was considering trying to make some tacticalwiki posts on it, but I really havent had the time (after working all day all I wanna do is play games...) Maybe It can be a work in progress. But as for the lessons, I still think they're valuable.

I'll do my best to work on some General information for TS on tacticalwiki and then have it evaluated and add what is missing.
                  RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

I am working on a mini project idea that I came up with when I saw this thread. I should have it ready for this first session on Monday.

Comment

As you can see, I totally forgot about this.

Those interested be here tonight and I'll help you out.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X