Reflecting on Molten Core

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflecting on Molten Core

After having just finished up collecting my scattered body parts throuough Molten Core, i find myself looking at Molten Core in a new light. To say it bluntly, its hard as $%#@! Im not complaining in the least bit, and i enjoyed it very much. But i now know how much organization is needed to go into a 40 man instance, and i now know how far i am to seeing my character wearing my teir 1 epic set. I would like to thank everyone who led the raid, and hope that next time, which there will be, we will have a full 40, and we will rip Ragnaros a new one, or two. Then it is onward to bwl... or whatever comes after molten core...

VIVA LA CHAIR
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Re: Reflecting on Molten Core

It's hard, but frankly, I consider MC easier than any other high end instance in the game currently (ie, easier than Onyxia, BWL and even ZG). Why? All the information you need to know has already been written, disseminated and is out there. The key detail is finding, reviewing and exercising the information successfully (English: Read it, understand it, do it).

The current need for TG to do MC is to assemble the folks and get them geared up (set pieces, specific quests and/or Dire Maul drops). I'm wagering we can practice clearing for the BoE drops with 30-35 folks, but it will prolly take a full 40 to kill Lucifron, the first boss. Give the guild 30+ folks at 60, and it's realistic to schedule MC raids. (Hint - know anyone seeking a casual guild? Mention TG!)

Main reason, ironically, isn't the boss himself but the Core Hound repops, which will regularly kill raids that can't steadily clear out mobs before another Core Hound respawns AGAIN on your raid. Seen that a few too many times, and it really sucks.
    So many scripts, so little time!

Comment

The field trip went very well imho. For lacking almost half the raid, being very short on DPS, I think "Mission Accomplished" can be said here. It was a learning process, learning the pulls, learning how to burn down the mobs, etc, etc. The 25 or so of us mange to burn down 4 giants, 2 firelords, 3 lava surgers, and a corehound. Not bad, not bad, /clap.

Comment

It was my first trip to MC. What I saw was good teamwork and progress to do what we did. What we lacked was manpower (24 ppl can NOT dps like 40) with the result that it took too long to drop the mobs that were there.

As a learning experience, we did very well with adaptation and willingness to adjust to a demanding instance.

I'm encouraged. AND we need to get more TG guildies at Level 60 with appropriate gear to be able to do this with less struggle. If we are "in a hurry", we will need to get capable "allies" to join us to fill out the open slots. Now, where did put that fire resist armor?:icon6:
        Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

I thought is was a good time, and it's nice to have another challenge to look forward to...

I dream of Epic Pieces....

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Lis
            I dream of Epic Pieces....
            Cheers
            dont we all