What is the point of a normal server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the point of a normal server?

My brother bought this game and he gave me the free trial key and I installed it. We both made characters on the same server. Me a elf and him an orc. Well we can't even chat in game, let alone group together.

I can see this happening on a PvP server where it is alliance vs horde, but on a normal server? Shouldn't all players be able to group, trade, and talk with each other?
    |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper

Re: What is the point of a normal server?

You elven scum of the citadel of Celeborn! How dare thee wish to converse with a noble orc from the lands of Gwyrionin. Think of the immersion that would be lost!

Sorry, I just like cracking jokes about fantasy books/games/Dungeons and Dragons. Cheap sources of humour, ya know.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
    |TG-2nd|munchkin
    Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Viper
      My brother bought this game and he gave me the free trial key and I installed it. We both made characters on the same server. Me a elf and him an orc. Well we can't even chat in game, let alone group together.

I can see this happening on a PvP server where it is alliance vs horde, but on a normal server? Shouldn't all players be able to group, trade, and talk with each other?
      The Warcraft world has the Horde (Orcs, Undead, Tauren) on one side, and Alliance on the other (Humans, Dwarves, Elves, etc.). You can communicate and group with any player on your faction, but not with the opposite faction.

Besides, Orcs are smelly. :D

BTW, we are all on Thunderhorn, on the Alliance side.

Comment

The rules behind the PVP servers and the Normal servers are actually quite similar, the only real difference is that in a PVP Server, if you are an alliance, you are flagged PVP Once you leave Alliance Territory. Regardless of whether its Horde Territory, or Contested Territory.

Works the same way if your Horde, just oposite.

With a Normal Server, you are not automatically flagged PVP in Contested Territory. You will be flagged if you engage in battle with any character that is PVP Flagged. You can also manually enable your flag.
        I believe you will still automatically be flagged PVP If you enter Enemy Territory.

RP Servers are the same as Normal / PVP (Depending on whether its RPPVP or just RP) Except you are not supposed to speak out of character.

[Addendum] And I believe you have it mistaken, you are able to chat with eachother.

KEK

[/Addendum]
        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Nope, Vinzalf, you can't. I've tried a few different ways, you are limited to default emotes.

Honestly, it's an aspect of the game Blizzard has cultivated and maintained. To quote a friend, it's amazing how much you begin to hate the other side as you quest. Propaganda at it's best.

My advice? one of you rerolls to the other side asap. I suggest alliance, as I find that alliance is generally better quest/zone wise when compared to Horde (and I've played Horde since release).
          So many scripts, so little time!

Comment

Originally posted by Vinzalf

KEK

Don't tell me they removed that? Gah.
            RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X