Epic mount gold tips?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic mount gold tips?

Ok guys, after seeing two people get a nice leap towards their epic mounts last night, I started thinking(SHOCK!). I want to get my epic mount asap. I know that if I can get Luna or Beep or someone with a Sergeant ranking or higher to buy my mount(i would give them the gold of course), it will only cost 800g. I currentely have 195g. I was wondering if anyone had any good tips on some money making. I have 300 alchemy and 300 herbalism, and 225 skinning on a 35 alt.

Any ideas?

P.S. I DO still plan to get Exhalted with Darnassus, but I want to buy my human epic mount first. This is becauseI still have 3500 rep to Revered and then all of Revered to Exhalted. So unless I have gain that rep before I reach 800g im going with the human mount, but if I AM Exhalted I will definetely get the cool Tiger Mounts.

Thanks Guy, I know i'm a pest, but i'm your pest ^_^

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Re: Epic mount gold tips?

I found that the best way to make money in this game is to go nuts with your skill. If you've got alchemy and Herbalism, go out, find all the rare flowers you can, and then sell them on the AH. make the harder to find potions, sell them on the AH...
    it also helps to buyout the current market, and then sell everything yourself at a tiny markup... it's callous and coldhearted... but it works.
    Farming LBRS for that stupid tailoring pattern seems to get you boatloads of money too.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

I've had good success buying and selling items off the AH...Though I have just been burned with the price of Large Brillant Shards dropping...

Comment

I bought something at the AH today that I could actually use, but the only reason I bought it was so I could sell it at a few gold higher than what I bought it at.

Actually, its a perfectly valid business plan, you just need the starting resources. I may or may not succeed at what I am attempting, it is no more than me testing the economy.

I saw three identical items, one of them was significantly cheaper than the rest (although it was far out of my own personal spending limits - A blue item) So I bought the cheaper one, raised the price by a few gold, while still maintaining the cheapest price, and will see what happens.

It's a game of supply and demand, if the demand is great enough, the price does not matter. The fact that there were three of these items could mean trouble for me because It may mean there is no demand. If thats the case, its my loss and I'll have to lower the price. I could be making a nice profit too, because I am still the lowest priced competetor.

This is not a surefire method of making money, it's still risky unless you own the entire inventory of an item and can control the absolute price. If not you have the problem that competition brings, someone may price theirs lower than yours, and thus move you to the 'second lowest price' slot. Which is not the best place to be unless demand is very very high. Nobody is going to pay more for the same item. When I was shopping for bags on any of my characters, I will find the bag in my average price range, and search for the lowest price. It's not like I care who's <Created By... > Name is on it.

I'll let you know how it goes.
        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

buy arcanite crystals at 17-18g transmute to arcanite bar and sell for 24-25g

buy essence of water 7g transmute to essence of air and sell for 17g(this may change after 1.9 as essence of air drop rate is suposed to increase)

I'm sure there are others.

The best way to be successful buying and selling is going to be to watch a particular market long term. Get an eye for what the good average and high prices are. The bigger the spread between low and high the better. Many things cycle for a couple weeks they will be really low. This is when you invest heavily. You may feel broke for a bit but hang on to it. Keep watching and when it hits the high mark start unloading your product back into the AH at the higher rates. Also watch for times when there is nothing availble for the product on the AH. Drop some of yours in at a higher rate and see how quick they sell. If they go fast start adding more. If someone adds some at a lower price any you can still make money and beat their price add some at the lower price. Your higher priced ones may not sell but you are only out the deposit and you can relist them after they expire.

Be careful and watch your deposit. If are buying something at 5g and reselling it at 7g but the deposit costs you 1.5g you are only making 50s.
          "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

Originally posted by Manetheren
            Farming LBRS for that stupid tailoring pattern seems to get you boatloads of money too.
            You have to make sure to bring me along though because I am 2 for 2 on its drop.

Kemo :)
            Kemotaha

Comment

i highly reccoment going to felwood to farm dreamfoil, gromsblood, mountain silversage, and golden sansam, when you have done a couple laps in felwood, i then reccoment that u fly over to winterspring and farm the icecaps and mountain silversage, i did this for about 6 hours straight one night, and had a profit of 120g in the end, i put them all in Ah, matching the lowest buyout for stacks, but since you are an alchemist, (which i am not) i reccomend making those said herbs into potions,(major mana pots are 3-5g each i hear)