A small change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A small change

As most who were on tonight heard I completed the quest for quel' serrar tonight. Huge thanks to Happychick, Aegwen, and the Guild Legacy for letting me tag along. Was an awesome rush. Happy can attest trying to complete and reach for the inhaler was the cause of some concern. .... But was AMAZING!

But that put me at a dilema.. I had speced to two handed axes when I got Treants Bane.. I was getting neither the one handed bonuses or sword bonuses I could get if I changed my tree.. just a bit..

So off to the trainer I ran playing with the talent tree simulator as I went. Duel weild was still tempting .... But I looked at that HUGE one handed sword and said no.

I spoke with the trainer in Iron Forge and began to pick my new talents. I debated and thought.... Then dove in.... Picking the best talents for how I like to play. Damage was no longer an issue.. and crits while nice should be left to the rouges. ( or so I told myself) And continued making the hard decisions.

I walked out of the trainers building stunned. Asking myself if I was crazy. Wondering if lack of oxygen from my recent lung problems had finally affected my brain.

I had just done without any encouragement what I had been swearing I wouldn't do. Tas is now a protection spec'd warrior.

There I said it.. STill don't believe it... but I guess I need to play it a while and see how I do. Still don't know if I can make ZG on sat or I would offer to test it there.

Re: A small change

Hehe, grats.

btw, i love reading your posts :)

Comment

Congratulations, Tas! That's quite an accomplishment and truly an end-game weapon of awe!

I'm looking forward to hearing 'bout life in the protection-spec world.
      Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Grats one the single handed blade of awe! I think your choice, though painful, is the way to go for good grouping. I feel your pain, but hey....endgame in on!

Comment

Ci=ongratz Tas it happens to the best of us... Its not that bad... But at least I have a rogue for when i want to go whoop some butt... That was funny how you typed that out...lol
          Candrice 63 Warrior
          Ricca 70 Rogue
          Machelle 70 Mage
          Enya 74 Druid

Comment

Congrats Tas
            "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

LOL on the kicking butt Candrice. I only lost maybe overall 6 DPS going to a sword and board. I can still whoop it. Although I may never see another 4500 execute ( yea is my high crit on my critline) The gnome is nuthin to be scoffed at even prot speced. But definately need some practice with it.

Comment

Congrats, Tasra! You will be one hell of a protection warrior!

Comment

I've tested the build a bit with happy up in EPL and so far pretty pleased with it and noticing a few things one when we drew adds it was easy to hold agro with just one pop even when he healed. When we were feared the came to me not him. and even pulling 6 level 59's by accident was much easier to keep the mobs off the priest so he could heal. Used to be it woulda been a wipe.

Crits are less but I still do a solid high damage for a warrior. So soloing isn't a painfully long process as it can be as a protection spec'd warrior. And was one of the main reasons I fought going protection.

Overall I think it's going to be an asset to the guild as a whole without sacrificing my ability to solo. So far am not dissappointed.

Comment

Prot spec doesn't mean you lose all your DPS, you just tend to take longer killin' stuff - and being a HELLUVA lot hard to be killed. I think you'll be happy has a prot spec warrior unless you madly need to beat that 4500 crit ;)
                    So many scripts, so little time!

Comment

LOL not really rose I still have an overall dps of 103 on my main hand vs the 109 with the treants bane but lost over 6 percent on my chance to crit. The buff on the blade give 300 to armor and 13 defense add a sheild to that Rose and you pegged it a hellofa lot harder to kill. better to get and keep agro and so far am not feeling the need for huge crits. The solid steady damage does well. Putting a crusader on it when I get the mats then.... LOOK OUT!

Comment

Gratz just dont seem to cut it. but I dont know what else to say.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X