Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we have enough Warriors in the Guild?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we have enough Warriors in the Guild?

As you all know, I have a hunter, one that I have been levelling since the Trial. I've gotten the whole send in the pet, get 4 or 5 arrows in, then grab the two handed sword and hack them silly thing down.

Every time I group with someone at this level (mid 20's) it seems we have an all ranged attack: a mix of hunters, mages, etc.

A quick check of the Registry shows that, while we do not have a complete roster there, we have 10 Warriors (or so) of varying levels. Not all are Guild, or regulars, or even active from what I can see.

So, do we have enough warriors?

My impression is "no", but maybe that is due to my toiling in the lower levels.

I'm wondering if I should start a Warrior somewhere and level him/her up.

Re: Do we have enough Warriors in the Guild?

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
    As you all know, I have a hunter, one that I have been levelling since the Trial. I've gotten the whole send in the pet, get 4 or 5 arrows in, then grab the two handed sword and hack them silly thing down.

Every time I group with someone at this level (mid 20's) it seems we have an all ranged attack: a mix of hunters, mages, etc.

A quick check of the Registry shows that, while we do not have a complete roster there, we have 10 Warriors (or so) of varying levels. Not all are Guild, or regulars, or even active from what I can see.

So, do we have enough warriors?

My impression is "no", but maybe that is due to my toiling in the lower levels.

I'm wondering if I should start a Warrior somewhere and level him/her up.
    Short answer...yes, we are short warriors.

At the moment, Beep, Candrice and Ruhit are the only active level 60 warriors in the guild, although Candrice is more routinely playing Ricca (Rogue) these days. Zorglub's Alt (Galzor) is level 58 or so. Zaz (Ghost) has a warrior at mid-level (around lvl 41 as I recall). Bleue is still on the roster, but seldom seen in our midst. If I've omitted others, I apologize...pls post your presence in this thread!!

Overall on the server and in most guilds, warriors are "abundant" and not highly recruited because of that abundance. In TG, we are (IMHO) deficient in warrior numbers. Ideally, we would seek to have 4-5 well-equipped and well-specced tanks, 2 of which would be "main tanks" and the others "off tanks". From my reading, most guilds desiring end-game content work cooperatively to outfit their main tanks with the best gear possible. This makes it easier for the MT to survive and hold aggro against the elite mobs and bosses.

FWIW, I'm having a blast with Beep. There was long period (Level45-55) where it felt very slow, very frustrating to me...perhaps more of a statement about me than about the class. I'd be happy to discuss "warrior stuff" at more length with anyone who is interested.
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

That's what I thought. I can set up a NE Warrior and level him quick because I already know the quests in those areas. I can also share loot between the toons, right?

Comment

That's what I thought. I can set up a NE Warrior and level him quick because I already know the quests in those areas. I can also share loot between the toons, right?
        You can mail stuff between your alts unless it's soulbound.
        Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

You guys know you can count on my tank whenever needed. I had a blast running MC last night. It was a different pace for me, different style and the like.

Comment

Well my warrior is at level 24 and I am working on leveling him quickly. Now that christmas break is upon me I have plenty of time to play. So if you want to help me level just whisper me in game and I'll let you know what I am up to.

Comment

IMO, you should play the race that you like and enjoy. I chose a human because of the racial advantage of additional sword skill, allowing an additional 5 points of skill in that weapon. Humans also get +5 mace skill, though I've never used a mace for any length of time.
              Beep

Comment

Originally posted by beep
                IMO, you should play the race that you like and enjoy. I chose a human because of the racial advantage of additional sword skill, allowing an additional 5 points of skill in that weapon. Humans also get +5 mace skill, though I've never used a mace for any length of time.
                I like floppy ears. :row__577:

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
                  Well my warrior is at level 24 and I am working on leveling him quickly. Now that christmas break is upon me I have plenty of time to play. So if you want to help me level just whisper me in game and I'll let you know what I am up to.
                  What's your warrior's name? I suspect some kind guild blacksmiths could craft some gear for him/her...at least the price would be right!
                  Beep

Comment

IMHO for a healer to have good success, a good tank is needed. So yeah...a tank per healer would be awsome in the guild...Lower level healers and tanks should play together to work out that pairing.

It's worked out pretty well for myself and Beep and myself and Candreynn. Also retribution spec Pallys' make great off tanks as well.

Comment

Warrior's name is Tgphantom

Comment

As far as gear goes I do have a 300 blacksmith. My tank is master Swordsmith and can make all weapons(Blazing Rapier, Arcanite Champion, Frostguard, loads of other's) except the Heartseeker dagger. Armor wise, I can make the complete Imperial Plate, Throrium Armors, Gloves and Girdle of the Dawn. I work cheap, just supply the mats, and I will have you geared in no time. If you dont have the mats, ask, I have tons of mithril and truesilver. I recently made a crapload of thorium based items, so my supply is low ATM.

Ahaman, 60 Tank
                        Homeless Wonder of Thunderhorn

Comment

For those looking to roll and level up a warrior, this link should be high on your bookmarked list. It's a central site linking to several guides and gear links just for warriors.

http://www.warriorguideswow.com/content/view/13/28/
                          Beep

Comment

Originally posted by beep
                            For those looking to roll and level up a warrior, this link should be high on your bookmarked list. It's a central site linking to several guides and gear links just for warriors.

http://www.warriorguideswow.com/content/view/13/28/
                            That rocks.

Ok, the guild needs more tanks. I'll roll one tonight.

Comment

now that my main character is 60, alot of time that was spend 'grinding' has to be filled, so i have been observing which classes are always in high demand, and from what i can tell, Priests and Warriors are the main classes people are looking for when trying to get a group together. That is why i have started alotting more time to leveling my Priest ( Chipotlé ), and my Warrior ( Tonka ). Although they are both fairly low in lvl (16 priest, 12 warrior), i can level really quickly when i want to. Therefor, i will be dedicating one solid day to each of these said toons each week, in hope to make groups even trivialy easier to assemble. If anyone would like to group their lowbies with my lowbies, it would be even sooner that i could be tanking through MC, or healing.