No announcement yet.

Enchantment costs (estimates)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enchantment costs (estimates)

There was an earlier post on estimating what to pay for enchants. The easiest way to figure this out is to check out the enchanting skill on This will let you know what materials are required. The second piece is knowing how much each item goes for. I have compiled some typical prices for materials used for enchanting. Maybe this will help for estimating the actual cost of the enchantment. Please keep in mind that prices fluctuate and that enchanters do in fact expect to make a few coppers doing the enchants. Here goes:

Lesser essences are 1/3 the greater essence cost
    These prices are for enchants over 150 enchanting and does not include very expensive items because the prices fluctuate.
    Prices are also per item not per stack.

Large Brilliant Shard 4g
    Illusion dust 1g
    Greater Eternal Essence 4g
    Living Essence 8g
    Essence of undeath 1g
    Small Brilliant shard 3.5g
    Essence of water 7.5g
    Dream dust 1g
    Small radiant shard 4g
    Essence of fire 10g
    Large radiant shard 1g
    Greater Nether essence 4g
    Vision dust 20s
    Large glowing shard 2.25g
    Greater mystic essence 1g
    small glowing shard 1.5g
    Soul dust 10s

Re: Enchantment costs (estimates)

Thanks, Grasshoppa! Do you think perhaps you could let us know what some of the more useful enchants do, to help people be familiar with their options? If not, I'll put someone else on it, but I thought you might like to put that together. Let me know!

Some usefeul enchants- not complete yet

Ok here goes phase 2. The items that can be enchanted include boots, shieldd, weapons, bracers, cloaks and chest. Gloves can also be enchanted to add skills such as riding mining and such. Head and leg pieces cannot be enchanted per se but they can be enchanted through another method called librams(there is a post about librams on the forums as well).

On a personal note, I do not enchant many items at all until I reach level 45-50 ish. You will find that at lower levels you constantly replace your weapon and armor with upgrades. In my humble opinion, If I am faring well without enchantments then I do not spend gold on something that I am going to be selling to a vendor soon. My rogue is currently level 54 and does not have a single enchantment on his gear while my lvl 60 pally has every piece of gear enchanted. This is a matter of preference though. (If you are seeking a glowing weapon then minor beastslaying makes your weapons glow red for about 80s.)
      Enchant Weapon - Minor Beastslayer Permanently enchant a Melee Weapon to do 2 additional points of damage to Beasts. Strange Dustx4, Greater Magic Essencex2

The next phase might be to make a list of who has what high lvl enchantments. It might exist but I am unaware of it. Here are some endgame enchantments. I also only play two classes so it might be interesting to hear from some other guildies what their planned enchantment combos look like.

Lifestealing- Permanently enchant a melee weapon to often steal life from the enemy and give it to the wielder. Large Brilliant Shardx6, Essence of Undeathx6, Living Essencex6

Enchant Weapon - Mighty Intellect Permanently enchant a melee weapon to grant +22 Intellect. Large Brilliant Shardx15, Greater Eternal Essencex12, Illusion Dustx20

Enchant Weapon - Crusader Permanently enchant a melee weapon so that often when attacking in melee it heals for 75 to 125 and increases Strength by 100 for 15 sec. Large Brilliant Shardx4, Righteous Orbx2

Enchant Bracer - Superior Stamina Permanently enchants bracers to give +9 Stamina. Illusion Dustx15

Enchant Boots - Greater Agility Permanently enchant boots to give +7 Agility. Greater Eternal Essencex8

Enchant Chest - Major Health Permanently enchant a piece of chest armor to grant +100 health. Illusion Dustx6, Small Brilliant Shardx1

Enchant Cloak - Superior Defense Permanently enchant a cloak to give 70 additional armor. Illusion Dustx8

Enchant Weapon - Fiery Weapon Permanently enchant a melee weapon to often strike for 40 additional fire damage. Small Radiant Shardx4, Essence of Firex1

What does it take for crusader?

Crusader takes two Righteous Orbs and 4 large brilliant shards. I have a ton of enchants on my warlock, as most of you know. Here is a list of the chants most of you prolly want:

+22 int to melee wep
          +30 spell dmg to melee wep
          +15 str to melee wep
          +15 spirit to melee wep
          +9 stam to bracer
          +9 dmg to 2H
          +7 int to bracers,
          mana regen to bracers
          +100 mana or health to chest
          +70 armor to cloak
          Fiery, Icey, Crusader

I got those and loads more. If you guys need anyhting, whisper me. I dont charge if you got mats, and some of the higher end stuff Ill cut you friend prices. I do have a +22 int chant available as we speak. See ya in game.

I have been using a database I found at that has a pricelist for materials ( and another database there that has a pricelist of the actual enchants and what they do (

I also use do a scan with auctioneer ( occasionally to doublecheck the latest going rates on materials.

How much does lifestealing go for?

How about +22 intellect?

I think the +22 Int costs about 100g worth of mats. You may want to double check on this.

I think that's comparable to what I paid MIT in tuition! :p
                    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

+22 Intellect goes for around 212 costs in mats.

15 x Large Brilliant Shard [e] ([A] 8g 50s) = 127g 50s
                      12 x Greater Eternal Essence [e] ([A] 5g) = 60g
                      20 x Illusion Dust [e] ([A] 1g 22s 50c) = 24g 50s

The main factor is how much u find the large brilliant shards for. If you can find them at around 4g each then the total cost goes down to about 144g.
                      Last edited by Jest; 01-06-2006, 12:46 PM.

+22 int is on par with Crusader in Cost. the +30 spell dmg chant is about 250g in mats. PST me whenever for a mats list in-game and ill let you know.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed