Seeking Magely Mentor ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Magely Mentor ...

With all these guides coming out by the officers, I find myself unable to control my excitement about the mage guide! I really really really want to learn how to be a good mage, ... more specifically a good frost mage. If I'm not mistaken, the high level mages in the guild (the few that there seem to be) are either fire or arcane spec'ed. As I'm sure the guide will probably only cover mages as a whole, is there anybody out there knowledgable enough to perhaps show me different strategies for different situations? I'm namely interested in solo survival tactics (also crowd control) and how to be effective in a duel, especially against Warlocks, Priests and Hunters.

I don't know if anyone can help me, but if you can just pst me in game or reply here. Or e-mail me, whatever. :P Thanks a bunch. I hope someone can help!

-Adrielle

Re: Seeking Magely Mentor ...

I have been both Heavy Fire and Heavy Ice. I will help advise you in any way I can. Ask away.

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

I've played total fire, hi bryd, and totaly ice (which is my current spec). I wrote up the mages guide for when it comes out. So if you need any suggestions or help don't be affraid to ask.
      Thunderhorn:
      70 Night Elf Priest-Lunaar(holy)
      70 Human Mage-Alava(Fire)
      70 Night Elf Hunter-Insai(Beast Master)
      70 Dwarf Paladin-Ginoldor(Protection)
      70 Human Warrior-Revenged(Protection)
      70 Draenei Shaman-Tianora(Elemental)
      70 Draenei Shaman-Fayrel(Restoration)
      Gilneas:
      50 Undead Priest-Eikyl(Shadow)

Comment

Well, to be honest, I was thinking about respec'ing to what would eventually be a 30 Fire/21 Arcane build, at least just to power level to 60, then I could switch to what I really want to do which is a 40 Frost/11 Arcane build. I guess the thing I'd like to know (without having to spend the money to respec and investigate for myself) is what kind of survivability a Fire/Arcane spec would have at my level (40ish). Above everything I want to be able to have fun with my character and not get sick of her from the 40-60 drag, because I know that is a frustrating time (At least from what I've seen).

Any input or advice?

Comment

With a fire/arcane build like that you can expect to die a lot. But it's great for soloing cause you can take down mobs of higher levels and dish out the dps needed to make things die quickly. And once you hit 60 frost is the way to go. I wouldn't put so many points into frost though cause the number one thing that a mage should have IMO is improved counterspell followed by evocation. This allows you to silience the mobs at high end instances when asked and if a fight goes on long it allows you to get your mana back quickly. If you need any other advice just whisper alava or Lunaar in game and i can help you out with discisions and tatics : )
          Thunderhorn:
          70 Night Elf Priest-Lunaar(holy)
          70 Human Mage-Alava(Fire)
          70 Night Elf Hunter-Insai(Beast Master)
          70 Dwarf Paladin-Ginoldor(Protection)
          70 Human Warrior-Revenged(Protection)
          70 Draenei Shaman-Tianora(Elemental)
          70 Draenei Shaman-Fayrel(Restoration)
          Gilneas:
          50 Undead Priest-Eikyl(Shadow)

Comment

My 28 mage is currently all in Arcane... dont really know how that is going to work. I need to play with Adrielle more - she rocks.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X