Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The other side of the world.

Hey all,

I don't know if this has been brought up in the past, but It occurs to me that we're getting only 50% of the experiences available in the game. I would like to present the Idea of starting a horde guild, on preferrably, another server (for purposes disclosed later).

I'm not saying abandon current characters, rather to view the game from a different angle.

I know that we have a channel in TS for Horde... so I know some people do play them occasionally. I think it would be cool to have more of an organized area to play with familiar faces (though, potentially deformed)

I think it would be a fun oportunity to see a completely different side of the game.

Anyways, my reasons for a separate server are:

1.) Save Character slots on Thunderhorn, Duh!

2.) Thunderhorn gets really really really laggy at around 4am, and I'd like somewhere to go when I'm playing at that time.

3.) We could probably use the Tactical Gamer guild name on another server.

4.) It'd expand TG to another server, potentially bringing more members in from there.

5.) Theres some brand new servers out there, where we can start on a completely fresh playing field.

Anyhow, what's other's thoughts on this?
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Re: The other side of the world.

I'm game. I think it's a fantastic idea. I have some friends on Akama, but it's a PvP server, so I don't know if you want to see THAT angle, haha. But, I like the idea and I'm so there!

Comment

Played PVP before, got extremely tired of it after the PVP patch, so much that I quit WoW for months. I came back with TG's group, and have been much happier since.

I think it'd be better on a fresh server than an existing one. Handouts are nice, but some people get too lucky as far as that goes. =P
      RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Was that directed at moi? :D

Comment

Having played Horde, the only major change is shamans replacing paladins. After about level 20-25, you're often running in similar areas and using goblin npcs (Gadgetzan, Booty Bay & Everlook) for quests, along with Argent Dawn npcs. Furthermore, I've gotten the same quests from Alliance npcs as I got from Horde npcs at times, just a slightly different name and flavor text.

Overall, I think you're asking for a lot more work than you realize, for less rewards/experience. I think I've seen about 20% more of the game content since I leveled my NE druid, and most of it was newbie areas like Darkshore that Horde didn't get quests. (Note that Barrens is a similar level area for Horde players to Darkshore.)
          So many scripts, so little time!

Comment

I'm looking for more of a culture change than a quest/loot change.

I remember once a friend of mine telling me how when he played Star Wars Galaxies, how totally against the imperials he was, often times spending hours of his freetime figuring out how to utterly demolish them. Then, one day while in a game store, he overheard some people talking about how they squashed the rebels in SWG. he came to the stunning realization that there are actually human beings on the other side.

I know I was a bit off by saying 50%, but I'd guess that it's more than 20%.

Regardless of those types of similarities, I'm still extremely interested in hearing someone say "Stupid Alliance" rather than "Stupid Horde" along with the reasoning behind it.

Plus, I really don't think It'd hurt to spread the TG name around a bit more.

There are alot of potential friends on either side.

I've played Horde as well before, and In my opinion, it was a completely different experience.

I generally try to see things from as many points of view as I can think of. I think it'd be valuable to myself to expand to a horde character. I think it'd be even more valuable, if some others wanted to come along too.

Plus, playing an additional character like that would help with the rested exp bonuses of each. Yea I can do it with another alliance char, but, I'd prefer to do it with a horde on another server.
            RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

Good point about there being good people on the "other side".

Kossi's whole freakin' family plays horde.

Comment

I'd play horde if we get a group of players that want to. Which server?

Comment

That's something we can decide once we get a group of people, I think. I'd like the first wave of this to be not as divided level-wise. So we can almmost all quest with eachother.

Another good reason to play horde: They have pretty good /silly emotes.
                  RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

This sounds like fun, i've always wanted a Shaman, What server are we going to do this on?

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

Originally posted by Vinzalf
                      That's something we can decide once we get a group of people.
                      Lets try to get about 10 people, so the Guild can be made without making those stupid "/1 PLZ JOIN GUILD FOR START LEAVE AFTER GILD MADE!!!!!111one"
                      RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

I'd be game

Comment

Great idea, I would like this because i wouldn't feel noobish cause i would be around people my level and level with them and instead of feeling ignored because im not their level.

Also because then i can learn the tricks of the trade, By just being around i would be able to learn how to grind better and quest with you guys to level faster.

Long story short as said in the hilarious Leroy! video here

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=W...earch=warcraft

is where you should go and watch it till you get up to the hilarious part :)

^_^banano Goes down smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by ^_^banano
                            Great idea, I would like this because i wouldn't feel noobish cause i would be around people my level and level with them and instead of feeling ignored because im not their level.

Also because then i can learn the tricks of the trade, By just being around i would be able to learn how to grind better and quest with you guys to level faster.

Long story short as said in the hilarious Leroy! video here

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=W...earch=warcraft

is where you should go and watch it till you get up to the hilarious part :)
                            "At least I'm not Chicken."

Oh man, that's how Gnomergan feels.

That's not the best one though.

Comment

I'd be willing to make a new toon to help start the guild. I just can't guarantee how much time I can spend over there.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X