Newbie asks: What do you need?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie asks: What do you need?

I got WoW for xmas and have leveled a Paladin on Eldre'Thalas to 14 and a Priest on Bleeding Hollow to 15. Now I'm thinking about participating with TG (I've been a BF2 regular for awhile) and, before I jump into the server with you, I'd like to see if there's any particular class you're short on.

My Priest is part of my home team's guild (MA) because we needed a healer, and my Paladin provides a needed tank for my family outings. I'm open to repeating those or going with a new class.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Newbie asks: What do you need?

Woot! Welcome aboard!

We are Paladin heavy at this time, and overall in the guild have most of the classes covered. Beep did a class depth chart for us- what do we need, beep?

Comment

We really want people to play what they want, but since you are asking:

The guild needs a few more Warriors, Rogues, Warlocks, Druids, and Priests at all levels, and maybe another mage or 2 at the 60 level.

What we have plenty of are Paladins and Hunters.

Look forward to seeing you on Thunderhorn!

Comment

I don't really have a preference at this point. The Paladin/Priest mix is nice as I can go with fragging or stand-off support based on my mood. Druid and Warlock appeal to me for my next char, as they're so different. Perhaps Gnome or Elf as I've used Human for the current two. (I've always liked Gnomes since looking at the Spelljammer module for AD&D. Maybe WoW will introduce giant space hamsters. ;))

I haven't picked a profession for my Paladin but went Tailor/Enchanter with my Priest and am about to hit Journeyman tailor. Obviously it'll be some time before I reach the point where I need to pick one for Thunderhorn but I'm open to suggestion. Perhaps something different from the above so I can get a taste of the other paths.

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
          We really want people to play what they want, but since you are asking:

The guild needs a few more Warriors, Rogues, Warlocks, Druids, and Priests at all levels, and maybe another mage or 2 at the 60 level.

What we have plenty of are Paladins and Hunters.

Look forward to seeing you on Thunderhorn!
          i have to disagree on needing more mages, there are more mages than hunters, but we still need magi?
          i would prioritize the needed classes as :
          warrior
          priest
          druid
          warlock
          powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Chair
            i have to disagree on needing more mages, there are more mages than hunters, but we still need magi?
            i would prioritize the needed classes as :
            warrior
            priest
            druid
            warlock
            Most of our high level mages are alts...hence the "shortage" of primary characters who are mages.

Mateo's post was on the mark...play what you want...but our high level needs are for anything but hunters and paladins.

The goal is to be able to field a 40 man TG-only raid...that averages to 5 each of every class...level 60, tricked out with at least the pre-epic set piece gear with alternate gear (for resistances...fire, nature, etc.). That's big wish list! We could do that now with hunters and pallys...but no other classes, IMO.
            Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Welcome aboard Scratch, throw those BF2 disc away .. your not going to need them anytime soon ;)

Comment

Welcome, make a mage! :D haha

Comment

Originally posted by Val
                  Welcome aboard Scratch, throw those BF2 disc away .. your not going to need them anytime soon ;)
                  LOL, yeah, I've switched my drug of choice from Battlecrack to Warcrack!

BTW, +rep to Med for his brilliant tgbaggins scheme. I plan to adopt that over on Bleeding Hollow for my "home team". Pure genius.

I'd not considered the idea of a "bank" alt, maybe because I'm such a newb, but it's such a natural. I can just park a low-level alt in one of the big cities to act as the team's "trade representative".

Does TG have something similar for dumping surplus quest items into? For instance, over on BH, I have extra murloc eyes, kelp, and various meats needed for the Westfall recipes, and the trade rep might be useful for handing those down to new players to eliminate some of the grind.

Comment

From the geography I've seen so far it looks like as a human level 14 I might not see elf territory soon (I've been to Ironforge, though), so I'm thinking I'll go elf so I can see Darnassus. I have to look at the race/class restrictions to see what combos that gives me....

Comment

Hey man if you need any help questing or slaughtering inocents, i'll be happy to help. I play Zeddzorander, Stevenc, Mordsithrain, Meandor, Rangmoss, and Kamiofdahunt. I think that's all of them = /

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

Ok, settled on Elf druid. Gonna roll up the character shortly, then send an email for seed bags so I can send back linen.

Comment

Originally posted by Val
                          Don't you mean "at all"? :icon19:

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey
                            Does TG have something similar for dumping surplus quest items into? For instance, over on BH, I have extra murloc eyes, kelp, and various meats needed for the Westfall recipes, and the trade rep might be useful for handing those down to new players to eliminate some of the grind.
                            Mostly, you say in Guild chat or Teamspeak: "I need _______" and someone says "I'll send that right over!"

Thus far I've gotten cash (Luna, Lis), weapons and armor (Gambit, Phantom, Beep), and I've given out cash, potions, bandages, cloth, reagents, etc....

We are a very generous group.

I have a Elf Warrior, level 21, and I'm still doing all the Darnassus/Darkshore/ Ashenvale quests. You need some help, let me know.

Comment

Thanks! We're like that over in the MA guild on BH. I mentioned I was going tailor and suddenly my mailbox was full of linen, wool, and recipes. And while I'm frugal by nature, it was nice to start out with a few gold just to avoid having to count coppers at the vendors. As new characters come along I can pay it forward. I'm probably naive but it's so alien to think that people would act any other way.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X