Kossi = peeved

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kossi = peeved

ok guys...i know she is cute and has a nice giggle on ts but recently Kossi has brought it to my attention that some members have been making her feel a little uncomfortable with some of the banter.

Now im not doing this cuz im jealous of some guy saying things to my gf over the internet...im a little more secure than to think someone far away that she didnt know very well could threaten our relationship.

Im doing this because she has expressed to me that she feels uncomfortable about some of the stuff being said to her. So please, lets be adults, calm down a little when talking to her.

A little joking around is okay once in a while but when people start feeling uncomfortable thats when it isnt funny anymore

/end rant

Re: Kossi = peeved

I think if you have to question if something is appropriate or not, it isn't. Lets keep things G-rated in TS and in guild chat.

Comment

I hear ya

This is not the first time that I have heard of someone getting peeved about the banter on TS. I support everything that you said as well as what Kossi is feeling. The only thing that I would like to add/suggest is that she (or if it is more comfortable you). Talk to the person specifically in a private channel concerning the issue. I am positive that all of us like and value Kossi as a guildmate and I know that none of us would want to isolate her or make her feel uncomfortable. Personally, I would feel terrible if I offended her in any manner but it is difficult, especially only using TS to know when someone gets offended.
      That being said, the fact that this is an 18 and older guild sometimes seems to cut both ways. Sometimes I, and others say things on the channel that I am sure that we would not say if we knew there were children on the channel. Th way that I personally judge what I say is to consider that we are all adults. The previous poster mentioned that we should try to keep it "G" rated. I think that needs to be fleshed out because there have been several times that the channel certainly has not been "G". Is "G" what we are really looking for?
      Having small kids of my own that are occasionally in the room, I think that we do a pretty good job keeping swearing to a minimum. I do think there is quite a bit of innuendo flying around the channel and there does not seem to be a clear cut policy on what can and cannot be said. TG WOW is certainly male dominated although we are getting more and more females to join. I agree that we need to be sensitive to what others might think. Any form of harassment certainly should not be tolerated.
      I am interested in hearing what others have to say regarding the acceptable TS chat should be.

Comment

Well said Gwen, i couldn't aggree with you more and all i can add is if this continues to be a problem find an officer you trust and bring it up with them and maybe they can give you suggestions. We are all here to have fun and don't want to take that away from anyone.
        Thunderhorn:
        70 Night Elf Priest-Lunaar(holy)
        70 Human Mage-Alava(Fire)
        70 Night Elf Hunter-Insai(Beast Master)
        70 Dwarf Paladin-Ginoldor(Protection)
        70 Human Warrior-Revenged(Protection)
        70 Draenei Shaman-Tianora(Elemental)
        70 Draenei Shaman-Fayrel(Restoration)
        Gilneas:
        50 Undead Priest-Eikyl(Shadow)

Comment

Here's the issue, Harassment is in the eye of the beholder. There is no line to cross, its just a very, very, very large fuzzy area.

The easiest way for everyone is to just express your limitations. If there is something wrong do not play along even though its hurtful or uncomfortable. And certainly don't let it continue without informing the person, waiting until the last straw and finding the administration, as due to the fact that it's a very, very, very large fuzzy area, the person probably has no idea whatsoever that he/she is making someone uncomfortable, and probably has no intention to do so.

I would hate to see someone get banned or punished out of the blue somewhere when they had no idea they were causing issues. Not to mention the added embarassment + stigma that would come from informing everyone except the one person who can change it.

I mean, if you would like someone else to bring it up on the condition of anonymity, that's another story, but anytime I had to deal with it in my former GM work, It was treated as a big red X on that player, by all the people involved.

There is a great anonymous aspect of the internet, and that makes it so much harder to determine the playing field. The more we share our perspectives, the easier it is on everyone.

Here's my perspective, you have to try really hard to insult me. If you do succeed, then you would know it and have intended to do it, and I would have no reason to inform you, but I would anyways.

On the other side, I'm often sarcastic with what I say, and I'm fairly adept at making it sound serious (another one of those bonuses from the anonymity of the internet, you can't see my face when im saying these things) but I never really mean them (Except for that stupid cat, hacks!)

That being said, I'll apologize for anything I have said / Will say (unless prompted before hand about someones feelings on the matter) to anyone I ever talk to or have spoken to. Let me know and I'll do my best to not push anyones buttons.

I think we can keep it mature without keeping it regimental.

And for anybody, if you hear something said to someone else by someone else, that is uncomfortable, say something to the person who said it. You don't have to be the target of words to be affected by them. We all share these channels, so let's keep it friendly
          RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

I think Vin just about sums it up there. "G" isn't necessary. Respectful IS necessary. I think it's particularly important to let the person know that they are pushing the limit with you, so they can correct their behavior without having to be called out in public about it. Now, if they don't respect your request in private, by all means, bring it out into the limelight.

Comment

Originally posted by luna
              Now, if they don't respect your request in private, by all means, bring it out into the limelight.
              I knew I forgot something.
              RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

I know first hand that confrontation on these issues isn't always comfortable, but if you let the person know, then things will probably wind up ok. Worked out for me anyway :)

Comment

Mateo Wussed out!

um, right.. Vin... You said what i wanted to say, but 80 bazillion times better.
                  Gratz.

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

Originally posted by Manetheren
                    Mateo Wussed out!
                    Yes, yes I did. I realized that my sense of humor probably clashes with someone that has experienced harassment.
                    Last edited by Mateo; 01-06-2006, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X