Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mages watch out!

Hey Mages,

Don't know if you have noticed or not, but here's a heads up anyways. Polymorphed mobs seem to have a much largers stray radius now...seems like double. Strategy adjustment is probably going to be in order. I didn't see anything in the release notes about this though.

Re: Mages watch out!

Originally posted by Lis
    Hey Mages,

Don't know if you have noticed or not, but here's a heads up anyways. Polymorphed mobs seem to have a much largers stray radius now...seems like double. Strategy adjustment is probably going to be in order. I didn't see anything in the release notes about this though.
    The effect of this is that your sheeped mob will wander WAY more than before...and can wind up in the middle of another group of bad guys when the polymorph breaks...ugly!

This suggests prudent use of polymorph for crowd control AND the need to monitor expiration of the sheeping...reapplying as needed BEFORE it breaks. (Let's hear it for sheep timers!)
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Oh noes! :(

Comment

Why is it a problem for sheep to wander amongst other baddies? Do they attack the sheep and "wake" them back up?

(My best character is still a lowly 17th level priest.)
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

No but if the sheep breaks in a group of Baddies, then it will pull that group into the fight.
          Kemotaha

Comment

Ah, that makes sense. I'm still low-level enough that only some of the mobs coordinate.
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

also if u try and resheep the enemy that wanders in with the others, it will pull the group, so basically we are left to hold our breath and cross our fingers :(

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

There are tactics that can be used to compensate. Such as getting a plate class to draw aggro, back the mobs up, then sheep on the fly. Get a Priest to Mind Control a mob into a corner, on the Priests release, sheep....etc,etc.

Comment

If possible have a hunter drop and ice block trap between the sheep and any dangerous mob in case he heads that way. The Ice will not break the sheep but will pin him down for a little bit.
                  "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

Looks like the wander is indeed a bug
                    Check it OUTzOrz

Comment

Good - polymorph has been effectively useless since this "wander" has started to happen.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X