Zul-Gurub Last Night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zul-Gurub Last Night

I wanted to personally thank all who were involved in ZG last night we had a great night! WOOT! 2 bosses down in 2 1/2 hours is awesome. I would also like to personally make a few suggestions to help it even go faster sometimes.

#1 I feel that each class should have a "leader" that is there on a regular basis. Such as hunters would have a hunter leader, pallys the paladin leader. These leaders would learn what they are to do at each boss and are personally responsible to handing out "assignments" at each boss. That way the main leader is not having to worry about hunters do this. Pallys do this. This person and this person but is only responsible for the main tank and handing out main assignments. Therefore if we learn what we are supposed to do and can say it in like 5 mins we are not using 30 mins setting up for each boss. Eventually we should go you all know what to do so do it.

#2 I feel there are too many people trying to be leaders and the real leaders are not being listened to. There were several times last night that one thing would be said and then another person would chime in in the middle of the battle saying what needed to be done. If there is 1-2 leaders they should be the only ones doing that. This is THEIR RUN....LET THEM RUN IT.

#3. If the time says 7:30 and you sign up for 7:30 you are expected to be there before hand so that we can start on time. Last night we waited around until 9:00 before beginning. Therefore if we need to say start at 6:30 so we can actually start by 7:30 lets do it. Therefore my suggestion would be give a time that everyone is there by and if they are not there have fillers ready to fill in. That can be summoned in like 5 mins. I know several ppl who would love to come on raids with us as fillers so why not use them. It is our own responsibility to be there on time, so we should others are waiting on us.

#4. A suggestion link put up 1 day before the raid therefore if ppl have a suggestion they can be heard. I know many ppl want to be heard for their suggestions therefore why not put a link up for their suggestions and taking a look at them ahead of time... comming with our game plan....and then executing it...again it will take a lot less time.

Well these are just my suggestions and observations....I did have a fabulous time last night as did everyone else. Thanks again to the ppl who are running these raids without you -- we could not do it!

Please let me know what you think and add your own suggestions.

Trickz

Re: Zul-Gurub Last Night

Funny story about last night...

Now I already posted that RA training was taking a lot more of my time and energy and in the signup post I let everyone know that I may not be able to start on time and that if necessary my slot should be filled quickly. Therefore I will say I really wish I could have been there, but if anyone was waiting for me then they were either being a little TOO considerate or did not check the forums. Anyway, I would have probably time, been able to make the starting but apparently my college had network problems last night and this morning because there was absolutely no internet connectivity during that time. I was at a dinner for the appreciation of campus services when Kossi called me up 1/2 hour before start time asking if my internet was up. When it was concluded that internet was cut off....I decided to stay and bond with my fellow staff members.

Anyway, %$#@ happens and I really wish i could have been there, maybe if waiting for people was a big problem (it looks like you spent almost as much time waiting at the door as inside the instance) there should be a overflow list. Say 25 people sign up or show interest, the first 20 get signed up and the other 5 are expected to be "on call". This way when the situation last night happened...slots can be easily filled and things can start faster.

Sounds like it went awesome though and i really wish i could have been there...1 coin doesnt do me jack :)

Comment

I am with Erick... like literally. Our internet was down last night - like the ONLY night i set aside time from working to do something that i really wanted to do - it got all screwed up. Thank you for holding our spots, it was in my every intention to be there with you last night. Hopefully this type of thing will not be happening again, or at least not too often.

Ive been aching to do it again ever since last time we kicked so much butt!!

Please say you are planning one soon!

On the upside, i got a considerable amount of reading and relaxing done.

Comment

I have a few ideas and suggestions I will be discussing with the officers for rewarding those who do show up on time for the raids. Getting started on time has got to be as important as downing a boss, because if we start an hour late, thats a boss were going to miss due to it being Midnight Already.

Comment

agreed....i think from now on you are espected to be at the instance at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the raid. If this means parking your toon there then fine, but from now on when i'm leading a raid and you aren't there on time, unless discussed with me, your slot is considered filled. As far as the class leaders goes. I think having an assistant leader is fine for ZG since there aren't that many to begin with, once we start MC i'm totally for class leaders to make life easy. But last night went great. The one thing that can use improvement is talking during the fights...The ONLY people that should be talking are the leaders and anyone they assigned to call out things. But we are definately heading in the right direction and lets keep it up
          Thunderhorn:
          70 Night Elf Priest-Lunaar(holy)
          70 Human Mage-Alava(Fire)
          70 Night Elf Hunter-Insai(Beast Master)
          70 Dwarf Paladin-Ginoldor(Protection)
          70 Human Warrior-Revenged(Protection)
          70 Draenei Shaman-Tianora(Elemental)
          70 Draenei Shaman-Fayrel(Restoration)
          Gilneas:
          50 Undead Priest-Eikyl(Shadow)

Comment

Good stuff here...

Ok, so I've lead a couple of these now, people think it's awesome that I do so...well now I speak as to my side of things.

It's awesome leading a group of people that adapt quickly. What I mean is when we get jumped people aren't attacking all the targets and screwing up the sleep/sheep targets. Main tanks are grabbing their targets (when lag is not an issue like the other night) and people are generally doing their jobs well.

Time is a major factor, like skeet (ctuchik) said, wasted time on starting the raid is one less boss we can try to put down. Park your toons close and log out with all your provisions. Also if youcan think to and arent going to be Master Looter, bring some extra provisions that are class/profession specific. This will save time.

Buff Classes need to join a channel called "TGbuffZG" by typing "/join TGbuffZG" prior to the ZG raid. Work out your buffs before a pull/start of a raid to keep a clean raid channel.

I'll probably be whisering my leaders and give them a private chat channel to join to make leading/communicating/planning easier.

We mean business when we raid up. Try to keep the idle chat to a minimum and don't hog the TS channel. Use in-game whispers when you are trying to get one person's attention. Like "/w Crebis Should I be doing....???". For one, I'll be more likely to see it, and two, it lessens Raid Channel clutter.

Enough with the communication and time issues....

I would like to see all on CT_Raid and Teamspeak. If you need help setting it up, ask me a day or two before the raid. These two tools greatly help when leading a 20 man raid. I can ask questions and get real-time feedback...I can see who has the soulstone up, assign maintanks easily, realize when the druids go down and combat res is not an option. I need all classes on CT_Raid and TS...It totally lessens the time needed for prep on a boss or a trash mob...

One last thing...We ROCK!!!....(Manny's enthusiasm is contagious.)

Comment

I like the idea of a buff channel butt it might be an overload for everyone to be on that channel so my suggestion to get us set up for the bigger raids are as follows: Mages join /TGMAGES to work out buffs and any other mage related topics, Druids and Priest to join /TGHEALERS to work out there buffs and anything they need to (this can be changed to /TGDRUIDS and /TGPRIEST once we get to the 40 man raids) and Paladins join /TGPALADINS to work out what buffs they are doing and who they are healing. Those are my suggestions on channels to keep raid chat clear and players from having to read unnesseccary topics that don't relate to them
              Thunderhorn:
              70 Night Elf Priest-Lunaar(holy)
              70 Human Mage-Alava(Fire)
              70 Night Elf Hunter-Insai(Beast Master)
              70 Dwarf Paladin-Ginoldor(Protection)
              70 Human Warrior-Revenged(Protection)
              70 Draenei Shaman-Tianora(Elemental)
              70 Draenei Shaman-Fayrel(Restoration)
              Gilneas:
              50 Undead Priest-Eikyl(Shadow)

Comment