Fishing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing

I managed to max out my apprentice level fishing and moved up to journeyman, and wanted to point out a handy set of quests for those who might not be aware of them.

Over in Darkshore under the pier in Auberdine, there's a dwarf who wants you to fish 6 groupers, and gives you a +3 fishing pole in return. Pretty easy to complete. At the same time, you can get another quest from a gnome staying in the room above the Inn (almost directly above the dwarf, 3 floors up) who wants you to find his snacks that fell overboard into the bay. Get that quest at the same time and you'll fish out his "Gaffersnacks" at the same time you pull up groupers. There's another fishing quest that chains off this, so you can skill up your fishing and get some XP at the same time.

If you get some fish recipes, you can use those to skill up your cooking at the same time.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Fishing

I diddnt know Whizzbang gave a quest besides the BuzzBox ones.
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?wquest=1579

This entry was what told me about the other quest, The Family and the Fishing Pole. But you don't need to complete the latter to get the former. I think I got Gaffer Jacks first and then found out about the other while researching it.

Here's all the Darkshore quests, showing the relationships of the chain quests:

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/qlookup.html?zone=38

And I just thought to look... Here's all the fishing quests:

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/qlookup.html?tskill=356

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

for some reason, i cant seem to lvl my fishing.... any pointers?

Comment

Perhaps your having the same problem I have had, and that was: Not fishing.

The only remedy I can provide for that problem is to go to the newbie areas and keep moving on up.
          RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Originally posted by Kossi
            for some reason, i cant seem to lvl my fishing.... any pointers?

There's a little lake in Elwynn near, ... whats the name of that place? Crap. I don't remember. Lots of Defias and a little dock. Good place to start. Let me know if you wanna go fishing together sometime, my skill is only 7, haha.

Comment

I dont remember the name, but i know exactly where you mean!!!

I didnt realize you had to start off in lowbie area's.... i was like fishing in theramore..... Doh!!

Comment

well it wont let you fish where you dont have the level for.

what lvl fishing do you have?
                RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

Yep, for Stormwind the first real fishing area is behind the inn in Goldshire. For elves, I got the pole in the middle of Darnassus, and there's a supplier at the first hippogryph point.

My human characters on the other servers have sucky fishing levels and I think it's because fishing around Stormwind just isn't as rewarding. On the beach in Auberdine I'd stop every few hours and skill up about 10-15 fish and it went remarkably rapidly. Whenever you see water, stop and get 5-10 fish. You'll have your journeyman level in no time.

Comment

Now with the spawns you can fish easier. They look like litte whirlpools sitting in the water.
                    Kemotaha

Comment

Keep in mind that fishing skill ups are a little different than the other trade skills.

To level up fishing the ONLY thing you need to do is catch fish. even if they're the crappiest fish in goldshire, they will still level up your fishing the same as any other fish you catch.

Your fishing skill increases depending on the number of fish you catch. the ones that get away don't count.

The formula for it as best I know is something like the number of fish you have to catch to get each skill up is this.

# to catch = ((current skill)-75)/25

so basicly up to skill level about 100 or so your skill goes up one per fish you catch, after that every 25 skill more or less you ahve to catch one more fish inbetween skill ups, sooo once you get to 225 you have to catch 6 fish for each skill up and so forth.

so if you ONLY want to level your fishing, just go find an area where you can catch a fish every single try, and have at it. it's the fastest way to do it, although even then it takes a while when you get to the higher fishing skill levels.

Comment

So, roughly speaking, about 2500 fish to become an artisan fisherman. :p

Comment

Yeah, I've got a problem levelling up my fishing as well.

It's PAINFULLY boring.

gah. I level my fishing skill when i need to put myself to sleep :P

I'm planning on respeccing to Irritation pretty soon. Granted, I'll lose the burst DPS from Pissing People Off Outright, but I'll get DoT's and higher damage through AoE's.

Comment

I think it's closer to 1000 or 1250. ummm what'd the math be for that.

from 300-275or so you need 9 fish, 8 for 250-275, 7 from 225-250, 6 from 200-250, 5 from 175-200, 4 from 150-175, 3 from 125-150, 2 from 100-125, and 1 for up to 100.

so that ends up being
                            ((9*25) + (8*25) + (7*25) + (6*25) + (5*25) + (4*25) + (3*25) + (2*25))+100

easier way to write the same thing is

(9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2 *25) +100

44*25= 1100 +100 =1200...yeah I think that's how it goes.

It all really depends on when you start needing 2 fish per catch. and depends on if blizz counts fractions or rounds. I never really figured that crud out.

ohh well let's just say worst case is that you start needing 2 per catch starting at 75 and it increases by 1 per 25, that makes the calculation ((10+9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2)*25) +75
                            so that's
                            54 *25 = 1350 +75 = 1425.

sooo somewhere between 1200 and 1425 fish to get to skill level 300. That's still alot of fish.

Comment

at lvl 200 u have a 1 in 973 chance to level your fishing one level, so that means u need to succesfully catch 24325 fish before u get to lvl 225

NOTE: this is not true, but only an educated guesstimate