Warrior Macro's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior Macro's

For those that are interested (points to Orion), I've posted three of the macros I have for my warrior. As you will see, they are identical except for the stance and action/spell instruction. First click on the macro will, if needed, change to the proper stance...otherwise it will perform the action. Second click will perform the action if the first one changed stance.

The entire macro should be entered as one line, except where "/script" is entered (which starts a new line). The spell rank should be adjusted as needed for your 'toon.

Execute

/script texture,name,isActive,isCastable=GetShapeshiftForm Info(3);
    /script if isActive then CastSpellByName(“Execute(Rank 3)”); else ShapeshiftBar_ChangeForm(3);end;

Intercept

/script texture,name,isActive,isCastable=GetShapeshiftForm Info(3);
    /script if isActive then CastSpellByName(“Intercept(Rank 3)”); else ShapeshiftBar_ChangeForm(3);end;

Overpower

/script texture,name,isActive,isCastable=GetShapeshiftForm Info(1);
    /script if isActive then CastSpellByName(“Overpower(Rank 4)”); else ShapeshiftBar_ChangeForm(1);end;
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Re: Warrior Macro's

Ok i've never dealt with macros in this game before. So what exactly do these do?

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
      Ok i've never dealt with macros in this game before. So what exactly do these do?
      It looks like the first one automatically executes the Execute skill if there is a target and sufficient rage, while the second does the same thing with intercept, and the third with Overpower.

My question is, how does the game know which to execute first?

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
        It looks like the first one automatically executes the Execute skill if there is a target and sufficient rage, while the second does the same thing with intercept, and the third with Overpower.

My question is, how does the game know which to execute first?
        The logic is this...it checks for the stance you're in. If you're in the proper stance, it then lets you take the desired action. One button push and you're done. If you are NOT in the proper stance, it changes you to the one you need. You then have to push the same button AGAIN to take the action.

Some folks don't like this sort of macro. The alternative is to keybind your stance changes (for speed) and simply switch stance to gain access to whatever action you want.

All this stance shifting to gain access to different actions (battle stance, defensive stance, berserker stance) is called "Stance Dancing". If you are a warrior and want to be any good at the class, you WILL learn to stance dance. One example of where stance dancing is critical is in Molten Core. One of the bosses has an AOE fear effect that can be overwhelming...BUT you get warning when it is coming (every 30 sec or so). By switching to Berserker Stance...and invoking Berserker Rage, you gain immunity to fear for 10 sec...enabling you to "dodge" the boss's fear cast. You have to then switch back to your Defensive stance to continue holding aggro.
        Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Roger that. Is there a way to set it up where i push say Ctrl + D and it will switch to defensive stance and rearrange my action bars to a preset i have made for Defensive stance, and same for all the stances.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
            Roger that. Is there a way to set it up where i push say Ctrl + D and it will switch to defensive stance and rearrange my action bars to a preset i have made for Defensive stance, and same for all the stances.
            That's the way my UI works, actually. I use the Insomniax Compilation UI (www.curse-gaming.com) plus a couple more (StanceSets and TrinketMenu). When I change stance, it swaps to the action bar associated with that stance. The Insomniax Compilation offers two broad choics for tool bars...one is the BibToolbars and the other is DA toolbars. I personally prefer the Bibtoolbars.

What you want can probably be done in a Macro using the original Blizzard interface...but not by me.
            Beep

Comment

Here's how I've got my dude set up. The main action bar swaps based on which stance I'm in: Battle Stance has charge, shield bash, overpower, thunderclap, and stuff like that, defensive has taunt, revenge, shield bash, and berserker has execute and intercept and stuff. That's all bound to the number keys. Then the bar above that (the secondary action bar) is bound to Shift + the number keys, and has things that work in every stance, like heroic strike or shield slam or sunder armor or my shouts. That takes care of pretty much everything and it cuts down on the hotkeys I have to memorize depending on what stance I'm in.

Comment

I still need to jump on the macro's train.... im SO last week

Comment

Don't feel bad, Kossi. I'm a multi-lingual programmer and this stuff still looks greek to me. Where does one learn the macro language?
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey
                    Don't feel bad, Kossi. I'm a multi-lingual programmer and this stuff still looks greek to me. Where does one learn the macro language?
                    The main WoW community site has a forum on UI and Macro things. As I recall, some of the stickied threads include some tutorial type information. Most of it is way beyond me, but I have looked at some of the threads before deciding I had made a wrong turn.:row__681:
                    Beep

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X