Cursed Crew: or Where is Snell?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cursed Crew: or Where is Snell?

I was bored late last night. Satyrnarr turned out to be too difficult for this lowly warrior, so I made my way to the Wetlands, with every intention of hunting Fell Creepers.

I went North, along the water, thinking that that was the one area where I never looked for the elusive Fen Creepers. There are a bunch of pools near the mountains.

In doing so, I walk right past the Lost Fleet. I knew it was there, but hadn't thought of soloing it. The graveyard is close, so what the heck!

Very, very difficult, but not impossible to do. Charging the sailors, instead of pulling, lets you take them one on one, instead of in groups of 2.

Groups of 2 are possible to eliminate at level 28 if, and only if, your timing is down: Yell, thunderclap, sunder, cleave (repeat as necessary).

Doing that, I fulfilled the 5 marines, and 13 sailors requirements of the quest.

But I couldn't find Snell.

It was 2AM by then, and my armor threadbare, I swam back to Menethil for repairs. 25 silver later (that was quite a beating!), I am ready to reenter the fray.

Instead of clearing out both boats again, does anyone know which of them Snell is in so I can get the final quest requirement (snuffbox)?

Re: Cursed Crew: or Where is Snell?

Snell is under the first ship that is wrecked closest to the shore. If you go to the side that is on the shore you will see a hole in the hull of the ship. He is in there with one additional sailor, I do not think you can pull them one at a time.

Comment

Did you find him?

Comment

Originally posted by Kossi
        Did you find him?
        No, not yet. I went down there, but I think he'd already been farmed. I ended up completing the last Greenwarden quest, and went to SKF with Vallar and Keileth. :row__577:

Comment

He is on a very short timer to repopulate, if you wait 5 minutes or so he will be back there. I just farmed the sailors and marines for a few minutes while I waited the last time I did that quest.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrok
            He is on a very short timer to repopulate, if you wait 5 minutes or so he will be back there. I just farmed the sailors and marines for a few minutes while I waited the last time I did that quest.
            Ok, thanks for that. You never know what respawn timer they are on. Five minutes is not so bad.

Comment

Did you ever find the Fell Creepers?
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey
                Did you ever find the Fell Creepers?
                Fell Creepers are in the waterways east of the shipwrecks...they are stealthed like rogues.
                Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Both these quests are done. Now to kill the Captain and lift the curse.

Comment

The captain is not that bad and is on about the same timer as snell so it is worth waiting around the 5 minutes or so if he has been killed by another group or individual.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                      Both these quests are done. Now to kill the Captain and lift the curse.
                      You have to kill the captain to get the key to the strongbox. Then you have to go underwater (seaward/outboard side through the hole in the hull), kill the mobs there and open the chest in rear of the ship to get the whatzis you need to turn in.
                      Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X