total newb- hi guys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• total newb- hi guys

have been here awhile as an avid BF2 player. bought WoW recently and decided to give it a try.

looking through the forums, i don't really see any mention of what realm you guys play on? is there somewhere i can get some basic info?

as of now, all i have a lvl5 i just started on one of the newb realms while trying to learn the game. would love to play with some TGers sometime, if i can find you. :p

thanks.
    [TG]epheneh

Re: total newb- hi guys

We play on the Thunderhorn server.

Guild information is in the announcements forum

Remember to look over our Guild Creed and Values

as well as going ahead and filling out the New Guild Member Registration

Hop on Team Speak with us and say hello!

Hope to play with you soon
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

quick reply. thanks.

yup, i found the creed and faq, but saw no mention of the server. you guys play alliance, right?

i'll start a character on thunderhorn this weekend and fill out the guild registration. =)
      [TG]epheneh

Comment

Yep, Alliance on Thunderhorn, though eventually I would like to have a horde presence as well.
        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

i'm trying to make an account right now, and after i finish character creation, it's telling me 'creation of that race and/or class is currently disabled.' :/

wha?
          [TG]epheneh

Comment

http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thre...p=1#post760144

found the reason.

this is totally retarded. if i would've known blizzard had just outlawed half (more than half?) the servers for new players, i wouldn't have bought the game.

and the irony? the reason i didn't try WoW sooner was because of my experiences with blizzard and diablo2 (server problems, the hijacking of my CD key, and nonexistant customer support, to name a few things). i figured with such a successful mmorpg, blizzard had changed...guess not.

sorry to vent...
            [TG]epheneh

Comment

Yeah, Thunderhorn has been over-populated for a while now.

This is really too bad.

:(

Comment

Guess that answers my question too...

I too am an avid BF2 player (ONLY with TG) and was considering giving WoW a try (why not right, I mean my mom, sister, brother, father, grandparents, uncle, aunt, tax guy, lawyer, and cop that just pulled me over all play... im like the only person left who DOESNT).

But, if there are weird things like this going on and us noobs cant play with the regular TGers.. then I wont bother.

Comment

Originally posted by jkat
                  Guess that answers my question too...

I too am an avid BF2 player (ONLY with TG) and was considering giving WoW a try (why not right, I mean my mom, sister, brother, father, grandparents, uncle, aunt, tax guy, lawyer, and cop that just pulled me over all play... im like the only person left who DOESNT).

But, if there are weird things like this going on and us noobs cant play with the regular TGers.. then I wont bother.
                  This situation may be temporary. Note the following forum post from Blizzard

For the next several days we will be limiting character creation on the following realms to alleviate recent performance issues and hopefully decrease queue times.

Previously, I had mentioned that this was due to Ahn'Qiraj events and 'Pilgrimage'. This was not entirely accurate. The realms being addressed with this measure have been seeing a great deal of traffic recently and we wish to relieve some strain during prime time by restricting character creation on these realms.

I apologize for any confusion this may have caused. The list remains the same, which may make things more understandable in this new context.
                  Thunderhorn was one of 30 or so listed servers affected. With any luck, this will pass and you'll be able to join us there.
                  Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Burble, Jkat: wait it out. When the temporary ban lifts, you will be able to create a new character on Thunderhorn. In the meantime, create a character on another server, and learn the basics of the game.

Best thing you can do is scrap a character after level 20 or so and start again.

Check us out in TS, and let us know what we can do to help you guys.

Comment

it's just hard to play an rpg when you know in the longterm that your character is moot. but yeah, i'll get the ball rolling on another server- i really hope this ban is lifted in the next week or so, though.

it's already been about two, though...
                      [TG]epheneh

Comment

Yeah, TG players are much to good to pass up - I hope you guys can find a way to sneak in......

Meet me on the corner of The Stuck Pig and the Talioring Shop..... ive got somthing your love!

Comment

Hey Burble!

There are a few people around these parts who might have an account available for you to use- particularly people who used to play but don't play anymore, but have toons rolled on Thunderhorn. We should look into this, if the situation doesn't resolve quickly. If Thunderhorn is really overly full, a server transfer might be available to us soon, which we would obviously consider.

Comment

Why do you suppose Thunderhorn isn't in the list of servers allowing transfers to the new realm?
                            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X