Character Creation disabled on Thunderhorn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character Creation disabled on Thunderhorn

I just tried to create a charcter on Thunderhorn and it keeps telling me that creation of my race/class has been disabled. This happens no matter what race or class I try. Is this happening to anyone else?
    Chris: Dad, I tried to go to school but this guy won't let me.
    Peter: Oh yeah? Him and what army?
    Chris: The U.S. Army.
    Peter: Oh, that's a good army.

Family Guy

Re: Character Creation disabled on Thunderhorn

because of an insane surge of traffic right around x-mas time some servers are getting overloaded and to keep them up they have to keep some people out. Its so that the people already in those servers dont start getting performance issues on par with what just happened in the recent patch. Its kinda like when WoW first came out and so many people bought it it overloaded servers and they had to ask retail stores NOT to sell the game for a while. Apparently this is a temporary thing, but i just read that as another way of saying "until we allow server changes" or "until the renewed accounts die again". Either way its too bad you cant make a toon on thunderhorn...we could use a few more!

Comment

Originally posted by jkat
      Guess that answers my question too...

I too am an avid BF2 player (ONLY with TG) and was considering giving WoW a try (why not right, I mean my mom, sister, brother, father, grandparents, uncle, aunt, tax guy, lawyer, and cop that just pulled me over all play... im like the only person left who DOESNT).

But, if there are weird things like this going on and us noobs cant play with the regular TGers.. then I wont bother.
      This situation may be temporary. Note the following forum post from Blizzard

For the next several days we will be limiting character creation on the following realms to alleviate recent performance issues and hopefully decrease queue times.

Previously, I had mentioned that this was due to Ahn'Qiraj events and 'Pilgrimage'. This was not entirely accurate. The realms being addressed with this measure have been seeing a great deal of traffic recently and we wish to relieve some strain during prime time by restricting character creation on these realms.

I apologize for any confusion this may have caused. The list remains the same, which may make things more understandable in this new context.
      Thunderhorn was one of 30 or so listed servers affected. With any luck, this will pass and you'll be able to join us there.
      Although borrowed from another thread, this addresses the situation about inability to do character creation on Thunderhorn. It would be nice if Blizzard could put a time on these "temporary" issues, but that's not their pattern.
      Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

our server is way overpoplated, and when u try to log on during prime play time, u are queue'ed and it says you are XXX out of XXXX people in line to log onto server, estimated time is XXXX minutes, so u have to wait untill XXX amount of people to log out before u log in. i do not get how new people were able to make new characters for the past 2 months as it is, because around thanksgiving, the realm(server) status beside the thunderhorn said FULL, which i would think would mean that u CANT FIT any more characters on the server. i do hope that Bliz fixes this pretty soon, because what fun would it be if there could be no new players joining on a server that has over half of the characters as lvl 60's. =/