The Bank-Please Clarify!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bank-Please Clarify!

Ok so I appreciate and kinda like the Idea of a guild bank but i think it needs some clarification because I for one am really confused on the matter. So I guess I'm just asking for a post that explains all the rules just laid out for me. Here are my main points of concern however.

- I have recently been on raids where EVERYTHING is DE and sent to the guild bank. I dont know if I like this as those shards are pretty valuable to my enchanter, also...im broke as a joke from getting my Epic at the moment so i need to pinch those repair bill pennies. Please clarify the system for how the bank gets raid drops! Also, if the bank gets all the enchanting mats then 300 enchanting is a long way away for some of us!

- My other main question was about access. I know officers only (maybe fewer) but the whole what you get reflects what you give is kinda vague, and I think it is easier for someone like skeet to give PLENTY, but at the same time his NEED is low (hence why he gives so much). Also, not all of us feel like farming a lot...I'm not a huge fan and I dont think I will be until I can get some saweet tailoring patterns, then I will be farming like mad to make those. So I guess I need the access part clarified, as the fact that few people access it and the system is you get as much as you give is still kinda vague and weird to me...and vague and weird dont belong with guid loot.

Those are the biggies...I know you guys are working in the best interest of the guild and I can appreciate that but officers please communicate with the people who dont see your chat/forums! ya know...like me :)

Re: The Bank-Please Clarify!

Originally posted by Erick
    Ok so I appreciate and kinda like the Idea of a guild bank but i think it needs some clarification because I for one am really confused on the matter. So I guess I'm just asking for a post that explains all the rules just laid out for me. Here are my main points of concern however.

- I have recently been on raids where EVERYTHING is DE and sent to the guild bank. I dont know if I like this as those shards are pretty valuable to my enchanter, also...im broke as a joke from getting my Epic at the moment so i need to pinch those repair bill pennies. Please clarify the system for how the bank gets raid drops! Also, if the bank gets all the enchanting mats then 300 enchanting is a long way away for some of us!

- My other main question was about access. I know officers only (maybe fewer) but the whole what you get reflects what you give is kinda vague, and I think it is easier for someone like skeet to give PLENTY, but at the same time his NEED is low (hence why he gives so much). Also, not all of us feel like farming a lot...I'm not a huge fan and I dont think I will be until I can get some saweet tailoring patterns, then I will be farming like mad to make those. So I guess I need the access part clarified, as the fact that few people access it and the system is you get as much as you give is still kinda vague and weird to me...and vague and weird dont belong with guid loot.

Those are the biggies...I know you guys are working in the best interest of the guild and I can appreciate that but officers please communicate with the people who dont see your chat/forums! ya know...like me :)
    Good Questions! Honest Answer= we're working on it. We got so excited about doing this, we got the account going before working out all the to-and-fro of how this will operate. Give us a few days! Your officers are working hard (honestly!) to put the procedures together for the bank. In general, we are looking at having contributions of mats, items and money to support guild-wide goals and individual needs. For example, a guild-wide goal might be to insure that MT and OT for the guild have the armor needed to stand up to Ragnaros or Onyxia. The mats for such armor are generally not practical for an individual to accumulate. An example of an individual goal would be get the materials for a high-level weapon enchantment...or the recipe for the enchant itself. Our thinking is that players who contribute to the bank get to benefit from it. If you choose not to contribute, then...well...you won't benefit from it.

There's a lot to think about. We want the bank to have sufficient resources to make a difference. We want it to be fair. More to come!:icon_cool
    Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

yeap that sums it up we will get all the kinks worked out soon .. please be patient with us as we work them all out..thanks
      Candrice 63 Warrior
      Ricca 70 Rogue
      Machelle 70 Mage
      Enya 74 Druid

Comment

Level 60s can donate alot more things that are worth alot more. Lower levels are trying to save every penny to stay alive and get that mount, so they can't donate as much. The level 60s don't need as much as the lower levels do. Lower levels are constantly needing new gear as they level up and outgrow the old gear, level 60s get their set pieces and are done. So it seems to me that the people who can ultimately donate more, need less, so the system of get what you give doesn't seem like a very good idea at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
          Level 60s can donate alot more things that are worth alot more. Lower levels are trying to save every penny to stay alive and get that mount, so they can't donate as much. The level 60s don't need as much as the lower levels do. Lower levels are constantly needing new gear as they level up and outgrow the old gear, level 60s get their set pieces and are done. So it seems to me that the people who can ultimately donate more, need less, so the system of get what you give doesn't seem like a very good idea at all.
          Thanks for your comments and your concerns. We are trying our best to take all this into account. We expect all players to have the opportunity to contribute to the bank, but that only level 50+ would be expected to contribute. We are aiming for this to be a guild-wide benefit for players at all levels.

I don't want to start a big dispute, Phantom, but your view of level 60's and their equipment is not on the mark. There is more effort to obtain gear and items AFTER 60 than there is before. There are at least two levels of blues (including set pieces...which are NOT the ultimate...and not even counting fire resist or other "specialty" items), then you start on at least three levels of epics. The big difference is that almost none of the level 60 gear can be obtained solo and virtually all of it is bind on pickup and thus not found in the AH. This does NOT mean that 60's are more deserving than any other level, only that the need for good gear doe not go away once you hit 60 and acquire your set pieces.

I fully agree that getting good gear is the key to successful and efficient leveling. The idea of the guild bank is to help with that as much as is practical. A green drop that might be disenchanted in a raid could be a big upgrade for someone coming up the ranks. At the same time, a green item that is for level 54 isn't going to be able to help a lower level 'toon at all...unless it's sold for gold or disenchanted for mats.

Another thought...if my level 33 warrior could get a Crusader Enchant on his weapon, that would be good for him...but a waste of resources. Even if the bank had the Righteous Orbs required, that's 300 gold or so of value for a weapon that will be outgrown in a few levels. We're trying to include some common sense as well.

One significant outcome of a guild bank is that most enchants could wind up being "free" if we have enough mats on the shelf. That would benefit almost any player.
          Last edited by beep; 01-23-2006, 02:46 PM.
          Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Phantom, I appreciate your input. Now, let's put some perspective into this.

You're right, under 50 folks really won't have the means to contribute like the 50+ folks can. Your focus is leveling, and getting better and better gear. Just because we have a guild bank doesn't mean the individual generosity of the guild will stop. How much gold did members hand you when you started playing? How many weapons and armor sets have I made for guild members? That generosity will not cease due to a bank. The bank's purpose is to have a place for us to share the wealth to those who will need it. The people who will need it the most will be the higher level folks, with an exception for the level 40 mount. We have been discussing finding a way to help guildmates get that mount easier, through the bank.

As much as I want to outfit you, I will not be drawing from the guild bank to do so. I will do that of my own volition, and my own generosity (as I always have, and always will.) If you need something, you should be talking to your guildmates. We can provide and help you. It should also be noted that those of us who are 60 got here without a guild bank.

The bank will be holding items like core leathers and materials for high end enchantments and potions. It won't be holding random items- it will have specific sorts of items that we have all collected together and that will benefit ALL of us, not just one of us.

Erick- as for needing items, if you need shards and such, by all means SAY SO! I will be defaulting most of the drops I'd get to the bank because I don't need them. This doesn't mean someone else doesn't need them, though. If you see something you want/need, just holler. No worries.

The bank and its parameters are still being discussed in earnest by the officers of the guild, and we will come back to you guys with a much clearer explanation as soon as we work it out.

Comment

i know you guys are still deliberating on the details but one last concern i just now thought up:

If a raid group collectivley decides to "send it all to the bank" does that count towards individual contribution to the bank (thus adding to individual return) or does it make the bank more of a garbage can we throw useless junk some lowbie hobo can sift through?

not to insult the lowbies, or hobos....just a concern

I know you guys are working hard to finalize this and i appreciate it, I just want to make sure everything is VERY clear as far as the bank is concerned. Thanks in advance!

-Hold onto the pin, throw the other part

Comment

I donít know what our officers will decide, but in the HKoA junk wasnít sent to the bank...

Normally, all blue items (LF/SC/BS/Valor belt/helm and nice weapons) not required as a "need" for any of the members in the raid were sent to the guild bank.
                There will be a moment where a few of us wonít have time to spend in favor of the guild - this is normal, sometimes you need to make money and you canít donate that specific drop -, so all our 5 men/raids were set before it starts as a "guild bank raid". So, if you are in a guild bank raid, we presume that everyone adheres to the rule otherwise youíd be in another guild event or even a PUG (Pick up group).

For example: Supposing we are all in a "guild bank raid".... if you were a paladin, and the Lightforge belt dropped in Stratholme, if you donít have it, youíd certainly be allowed to roll need, but if you or no other paladins need it, goes to the guild bank.

All items sent to the bank were credited in the name of all raid participants, since all of them contributed.

An individual contribution only happens when you are in a PUG and after winning a greed roll, you decide to donate it to the guild bank.

This was the system we used in the HKoA, letís see what our GMs will decide about it ;)
                sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X