Password changing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password changing?

About every 12 hours or so my password changes to a string of number and letters.
    example: 465NFFKG884

*no virus
    *no hackers
    *never told anyone my password
    *files never deleted or anything stolen

Anyone know whats happening. Like is blizzard changing my password to protect me because someone is guessing my pass and blizz changes it for safety?

please, please and PLEASE ANY help is appreciated.

A concerened banano

^_^banano Goes down smooth.

Re: Password changing?

Which password are you talking about, and how are you being notified of the password Change?
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

My account password, No actually i use my pass to enter and it says not valid i go to pass recovery it's changed. No-one tells me in advance im not being notified except for then.
      im pretty peeved at this its only started like 4 days ago.

Comment

I would change your password to something you havent used before next time it happens.
        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Originally posted by ^_^banano
          About every 12 hours or so my password changes to a string of number and letters.
          example: 465NFFKG884

*no virus
          *no hackers
          *never told anyone my password
          *files never deleted or anything stolen

Anyone know whats happening. Like is blizzard changing my password to protect me because someone is guessing my pass and blizz changes it for safety?

please, please and PLEASE ANY help is appreciated.

A concerened banano
          You sure there isn't a ghost in the shell?

Comment

acct password for WoW? TG site? TS server?
            powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

I dont use my password for anything else and vin i ALWAYS change my pass to something different it just never stops changing im going to log into WoW now ( rhyme lol ) and im going to have to go to password recovery.

Comment

When you do the password recovery, doesn't it CHANGE your password to a random string of numbers and letters that you can change yourself through their site?

Comment

Hey guys thanks for trying to help him out. I've tried to figure out whats going on and I think it may just be WoW server side or something.

It's his Wow account password. Everyday it changes to a series of random numbers and letters.

What happens is that he tries to log in and it just says password invalid, then he goes to password recovery and they send the reset password to him via email.

So, he goes to account management and changes it to a unique password (different every time he changes it and not a easily guessable password either). It works for the next day and then bingo same series of events all over again.

I don't think its a hacker, as his charactors are all left alone. I think if it was someone hacking his password they would have cleaned him out if they got into it, its not like he doesn't have good stuff to take yet, I think he has one character approaching ~level 30, even though he just started playing 30 days ago...maybe just someone trying to guess his password and tripping out the WoW security system?

Anyone else having password issues? Should I call Blizzard support or is it a typical dead end?
                  Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                  Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

I would try Blizz on that one. They will have more control over that than any of us.
                    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

I wonder if this is what's happening to me. I was going to look at the WoW forums and it wouldn't let me log in, giving me the so-useful "Login failure". I haven't tried a password reset yet, though, and my WoW PC is currently booted to Linux and pulling updates so I can't fire up WoW to see if I can log into the game.

One possibility is that someone else entered your name and used the password reset feature. Did you receive a new password email without asking for one? If so, it will probably show the IP which requested the reset.
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Well my password is working its been going for 2 days now, I don't think it's gonna happen again but if it does then ty for all the help.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X