Becoming a Contributing Member to TG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becoming a Contributing Member to TG

As many of you may know, Tactical Gamer is a rather large community that encompasses far more than our guild, and far more than this one game. TG has over 3000 members, and boasts numerous resources that it makes available to its members: Multiple game servers, Teamspeak, forums, and development are just a few of the many awesome things that TG provides for us.

I would like for our guild to utilize more of these resources. For example, I would like to have an administration forum for guild officers to deal with promotion nominations and development ideas. There's a catch, though. Truth be told, I don't feel that I have a right to request these things at this time, because on the whole, our WOW community contributes very little to TG as a whole. Many of us only read this forum, we use Teamspeak but don't often branch out to other games, and as I learned yesterday, the guild has not generated a single supporting TG membership to keep this community alive and kicking. Part of me worries about our community becoming the evil TG stepchild who only takes, and never gives.

Personally, that bothers me and tells me that I haven't done MY part as a representative of the greater TG community in communicating to you the significance of supporting memberships. If you have never heard of becoming a subscribing member, here is your chance to learn about it, and I apologize if this isnít something I made you aware of previous to now.

Without our supporting members, Tactical Gamer would simply cease to exist. Our subscribing members, through a revolving monthly contribution of $8.95, keep our servers up to date, running, and allow us to develop new features for the community. Every resource we have is directly attributed to the generosity of our contributing members. I am always thankful for these generous folks, and often look to find ways to thank them that are tangible and cross all of our gaming communities.

In an effort to encourage our guild members to become contributors to the greater community, I would like to invite all of you to become supporting members of Tactical Gamer. This is by no means a requirement- sometimes, contributing financially isnít a possibility, and I would never frown upon anyone unable to subscribe. Non-financial contributions, such as participating in the other forums and within our guild are priceless, and I am grateful for your contribution, no matter what form it takes. But, if it is an option for you to become a supporting member, I ask you to strongly consider it. I would like our guild to be known for supporting the greater community.

Our new ranking system is based on reward and recognition for contributions to the guild and the TG community as a whole. As such, I would like to recognize our contributing members within the guild itself, as well as to the greater community. Guild members who choose to subscribe to Tactical Gamer will be rewarded with a promotion to Staff Sergeant, the highest possible promotion within the enlisted ranks, and a rather prestigious position.

Rank can be obtained without becoming a subscribing member, so if you cannot subscribe, do not worry! Contributing within the guild by helping out your fellow guild members, leadership, and teamwork are very valuable and promotion-worthy. You will not be left out, if you contribute in other ways.

I would like our little WOW community to strive to represent the tenets of Tactical Gamer- teamwork, contribution, and community. This is what all of us are about, no matter what games we play.

Become a Subscribing TG Member

Re: Becoming a Contributing Member to TG

Originally posted by luna
    I would like our little WOW community to strive to represent the tenets of Tactical Gamer- teamwork, contribution, and community. This is what all of us are about, no matter what games we play.
    Great post, Luna.

( You fine WoW folks don't know me -- but you're lucky to be gaming with Luna! :) )
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

A supporting membership or two from the TG WoW community would be cool...

But I just want to see them participating in other forums! I don't know any of the new WoW TG members! I see them on TeamSpeak all the time, but I don't want to intrude while they're playing.

And before anyone even suggests it, I beta tested WoW. It's a fantastic game and there's no way in heck that I'm going to get hooked on it again. I just don't have the time...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I know you Wyz you've shot my tail off in CSS more times than I can count.
        And if you play WoW like you play counter strike Cing I'm glad your not playing for the horde.
        Nice post Luna, I'm glad to be part of TG. Members of this comunity have always made me feel more like I was playing with famliy instead of a bunch of strangers. I wish I could say it better but I'm not that wordy :P Anyway I realy enjoy my games more when I play with TG folk.

Comment

As the first contributing member from WOW, I can honestly say it is a privalage. Thank you all for your posts. I am a founding member of the TG guild in WOW and would like to welcome all you TG vets to come play with us. I know we are kind of little and new, but we are looking forward to contributing. Please don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do to welcome you into WOW.

-Anuar (Toon Name)

Comment

When I first came to TG I loved the fact that just about everyone knew eachother. One massive circle of friends interlocking between games, not just one. I wanted to support because I use a lot of our resources daliy, I am on Teamspeak everyday and I play on a bunch of the TG servers.

I am so glad I found TG and I'm not still floating the Pubby servers :P

Shogun

Comment

Great to hear from all of you, and thank you Lunchbox for becoming the first contributor. Hopefully, a few more will follow!

Comment

OK...I've become a paying member (again!).

Thanks to Apo, Luna and all who help make TG a welcoming community and the internet a better place to hang out.... :D
                Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by Sapper
                  As the first contributing member from WOW, I can honestly say it is a privalage. Thank you all for your posts. I am a founding member of the TG guild in WOW and would like to welcome all you TG vets to come play with us. I know we are kind of little and new, but we are looking forward to contributing. Please don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do to welcome you into WOW.

-Anuar (Toon Name)
                  Oh man, I'm not getting hooked on that digital crack. We lost one of our best snipers too it!

Comment

Mateo.. I will have to sneak into SWAT 4 with you one of these days so you can show me how its done. :)

Comment

Alright the problem with WoW is that your already paying $15 per month to play. Add $8.95 more on top and that's $23.95 a month to play a MMO. If that's the only TG game you play. Maybe a smaller membership for WoW players to help support WoW, say $2/month.

Unlike BF2 there are no servers to maintain or time spent finding admins etc. All this is included in the WoW membership. I'm not sure if it's right for people to play in TG on WoW and none of them support it, but neither is having them pay $23.95/month to play a game.

Last note: A lot of FPS clans take/require donations, I'm not aware of any MMO ones that do.

Comment

Supporting memberships here at TG are intended to support the community as a whole, not exclusively the game you play. It is a generous contribution that the Tactical Gamer community as a whole utilizes to maintain and grow. However, membership is by no means a requirement to play in the guild. All mature, team-focused individuals are welcome to join us, regardless of their ability to become a supporting member.

Comment

I all abouts signed...not a bad deal for $9.00 a month. Anyone need help with this?? I can spot a few people.

Comment

how old is this thread? im a supporting member, altho recent, but never saw this thread before