Love what you do

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love what you do

Hey guys...i got this idea for a thread shortly after my post on DPS fever. I figure we could all just post some of the things we like about our class(es), and maybe a few details about why. I'll go first.

-Soulstones. These little things are great, and what I love even more is that "Do we have a soulstone up?" has become a MUCH more frequent question. I remember back when TG was virtually lockless and had to rely on other wipe countermeasures, and it makes me ver glad to hear that I keep a rezzer up, which in turn keeps EVERYONE up. Not to sound concieted but every time I hear "Do we have a SS up?" I really hear: "Save us pwnlock!"

-Crowd control. I wish i was in DM more because thats where this really shines for me. I remember a mage water run where i banished one demon and enslaved another. 3 mobs cc'd by one toon and i dont think any of the party took serious damage from the last demon (Enslaved demon had curse of weakness and i spammed the heck outta it).

Thats only a coulple things I love about my toon.....how about you guys? Go on this is the time to be as big headed as a warlock! (we deserve it :)) Its FUN!

-Hold onto the pin, throw the other part

Re: Love what you do

I love my mage.

-Massive DPS-
    We can throw out TONS of damage, however, not as much as a hunter sometimes.
    Our instant cast spells can be devistating, ex. Instant Pyro ~800, Instant Fire blast ~400, Instant Blast Wave ~400, Instant Cone of Cole ~300, for a grand total of ~2000, and thats WITHOUT and +fire damage gear on!

-Crowd Control-
    As mages we can sheep Humanoids, Beasts, and Critters. A great thing about our sheeping is that we DO NOT have to be facing the target to sheep it, also skilled mages can Double Sheep. It's hard and it SEVERLY reduces our DPS, but it can be done.

-Travel Friendly-
    For the first few levels walking everywhere is annoying, luckily we have a nice spell Blink which has a 10 sec cooldown I think. Also Feather Fall, for making those massive jumps less suicidal.

-McDonalds + Aquafina All in one!-
    We can summon food and water which is a blessing. It saves money early on and even later in the game. It also allows us to help benfit the party in multiple ways.

-Decursing-
    I don't know about you guys but I dont like the curses that blizzar throws at us lol, one I saw was 5000 Shadow Damage in 15 sec, also there is the one that makes it so u take like +1000 fire damage.

-Swirly Magic Tornado-
    I love being able to almost sompletely restore my mana mid fight, I throw on Evocation and get +1500% Mana regen for 8 sec. Also we can make Mana Stones, unfortunetely not tradable, but still handy.

Sorry for the long post lol

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

=Sunder Armor/Heroic Strike=

Not a better combination anywhere.

Comment

Main tanking!

I love being up front...at the center of the action...

Being able to take a hit and keep on standing! Taunt! Disarm! Concussion Blow! Shield Bash! Sunder Armor! Revenge! I love all the ways of a protection-specc'd warrior to keep the mob's attention on me...and away from the damage dealers. I miss being able to deal damage (ah, the days of Mortal Strike with a big 2 hander!), but I love being central to a party's success by being the best aggro keeper around (at least when allowed to have a slight head start!)
        Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by beep
          Main tanking!

I love being up front...at the center of the action...

Being able to take a hit and keep on standing! Taunt! Disarm! Concussion Blow! Shield Bash! Sunder Armor! Revenge! I love all the ways of a protection-specc'd warrior to keep the mob's attention on me...and away from the damage dealers. I miss being able to deal damage (ah, the days of Mortal Strike with a big 2 hander!), but I love being central to a party's success by being the best aggro keeper around (at least when allowed to have a slight head start!)

That, and Pwnlock+crusader tower+ Felheart=phat buckz lewtz and long life!!

Comment

Paladin is an awesome class with great feats.

In the very first levels we learn the ability to resurrect (level 12 I think).

With our healing spells we are able to solo creatures/mobs stronger than our own level and some elite enemies too, even with a poor DPS...

What I really love to do, and this is a very personal gameplay style, is focus on healing. Oh you may ask: "What is so 'orignal` in that?". Well, I basically wear cloth with + healing spells in all major end-game instances :)

Why don’t you roll a priest instead? Very, simple... I love being a pally, I have a great number of small combos there I use according to the party and what is being required.

No matter which instance/raid we go I always have all my party members´ HP dragged on the right side of my screen.

When we are fighting mobs with a huge number of hit points, my first move, always, is judging them with seal of light (gives all party members a chance to be healed while damaging the enemy), then I make sure all members are in my sight to get healed.

As a holy spec paladin, I am able to cast "holy shock" which is an instant spell that heals or damage a friend/enemy immediately with more than 300 HP, with a 30 seconds cooldown. Excellent to heal a mage/lock when they are under attack, it gives me enough time to cast Flash of Light (1.5 secs) and - if needed - Holy Light.

From time to time, I go in the middle of the fight and stun the enemy with Hammer of Justice, giving me enough time to cast a safe Flash of Light combined with Divine Favor to heal a warrior with more than 3500hp. I don’t waste "HJ" in my first move because it has a nasty 1 min cooldown.

With my new recently changes, Sacredlord has 35 points in holy talents and 16 in protection, now with Bless of Kings and Arcane Brilliance I get over 5000 mana (around 5.500), in a big raid with Mark of the Wild maybe close to 6k, let’s wait for MC :)

I could spend hours talking about how cool is to be a paladin, but I won’t take more of your time, ask me in game whatever you want and I’ll be glad to learn and share what I’ve learned about this awesome class.
            sigpic

Comment

I love not having to take a boat to get to the other continent, ... HAHA SUCKERS.

Comment

As a priest, being able to pull off that last heal with my last bit of mana that barely keeps the MT from biting it for 5 more seconds, is what it is all about. Being able to keep everyone's gas tanks full, even if they don't notice you had to heal the equivlent of 3 of their life bars buring the battle.. Getting that unexpexted innervate from a Druid when there are still half a dozen mobs to kill and everyone is down to <25% health- doom just around teh corner, you KNOW you're going to wipe- then brigning everyone back to 100% once you realize what the Druid did. However, changing some UI options and in the meantime having your party wipe because you were distracted...a bit embarassing. Heh.

I also like when travelling, seeing a person in distress, getting ravaged by 3+ mobs, then healing them back up to full health in the nick of time, helping them fight off the bad aggro.

As a Rogue.. prolly the moment that best defined why I love playing a rogue, is a time where in WSG we were at a Stalemate 2/2 score, and after carefully infiltrating the enemies base, I manage to gank the enemy Flag Carrier in no less then 3 seconds, him having around 5 guards. Recaptured the flag, allowing our team to win. Which NEVER HAPPENS in WSG. Another great thing about being a rogue, also while in WSG, is being stealthed near an enemy and blowing them kisses. They get really paranoid about that, and it's quite hilarious to see the occasional person panic. Mean, maybe. But fun as heck.

Really, for me, it's all about the team work. That's where all the good moments happen. Nobody will be talking about that time they got the 15th Bear skin for that quest and got 1000xp for turning it in, about how awesome that was.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud34
                  ...Really, for me, it's all about the team work. That's where all the good moments happen...
                  What he said!:row__681:
                  Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

More on Pallies, from Luna's perspective:

I also love healing more than anything else, although lately I've found that with all the priests around, I end up ganking their heals. Shawn is going to kill me for saying this, but TOUGH! *ducks* I like dropping the healing on our healers more than anything else. I like it when a priest can focus on the tank and squishies, and it's my job to make sure the healer can keep on healing. The way I'm specced, I often regain all of the mana I use on a healing spell, so I tend to have the mana left when the priests are cashed out. We are excellent team members.

I like how pallies can function in a party in so many different ways. Specced properly, we can tank, heal, or dish out higher DPS. That's alot of options.

I used to hate PVP with my pally, since there wasn't much room for me to shine. Now though, since we've been fixed up nice nice, I can really enjoy myself. Want a heal? Sure! How about a hammer to the face? Even better! My absolute favorite combo to pull off is to get the guy down to just over 20%, fire up seal of command, judge it on him to bring him down below 20%, stun the guy, then unleash the hammer of holy pwnage. I love how that hammer lands! Best sound effect EVER.

Did I forget to mention how much butt we kick against undead? Oh man, strat and scholo are such satisfying experiences. OH OH! And don't forget cleanse! Curing diseases and magic effects to help the group out is really awesome too.
                    Last edited by luna; 02-02-2006, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud34
                      Really, for me, it's all about the team work. That's where all the good moments happen.
                      So true, and im glad so many responses have been about how they have helped the team!

Makes me proud to be A TGer

1 more proud warlock skill-Mana Drain. Though a hunters viper sting works a little better (mostly because it isn't a channel ability) I cant tell you how happy it makes me when we are in ZG that that boss cant cast that spell because of what I helped do. And im sure those mages are greatful a HUGE heal didn't wipe away all the damage they did to the bat lady! (/spit at the mention of that boss)

-Hold onto the pin, throw the other part

Comment

I guess it is my duty to tell you the joys of being a druid. Let me start with a little experience I have with sunken temple:
                        First I run there on my horse. Occasionly getting knocked off, throwing up a entangled roots, Shifting to travel form and run away from the mob as he gets rooted in place. Arriving at the lake and swimming under the water crossing it faster than anyone else swimming. Arriving at the door and shifting to cat form and stealthing my way down to the entrance door without getting noticed. Entering the instance and stealthing my way to the troll mini-bosses undetected. Changing to bear form and charging at the troll mini-boss. Stunning the boss, switch out of bear form throw up a heal and shift back into bear form before the mob comes out of their stun. Killing the boss and realizing, They didn't drop my Shoulders AGAIN.

That gives you a basic run down of what druids can do individually. In a group there is nothing like bringing up a priest or warrior who is dead with battle rez and having it save the fight.

Gift/Mark of the Wild -- Need I say more.

Being able to out DPS Hunters and Mages while in Cat form (I know it is not all the time but occasionally).

Being able to go into instances with out a warrior and being the main tank.

So many things that cause a druid to be awesome. 7K+ armor in bear form, 140+ DPS in Cat form.

I also need to add hunters comments when I join the group: " Can Kemo be in my party, I want his Leader of the Pack buff" (3% chance to crit with melee and ranged).

I could go on but I will leave it at that for now.
                        Kemotaha

Comment

I love that i can be a major tank and a major healer with my build.

Comment

I got kemo's shoulders!!

Rogues:

I love to hate Hunters.
                            I love Improved Sap, and expecially love hearing people ask if I have Improved sap because all the other rogues drop it for damage skills.
                            I love Cheap Shot.
                            I love Dual Weilding Swords.
                            I love Vanish.
                            I love Sprint + Evasion for the large groups you need to get away from when out of Flash Powder.
                            I love picking locks.
                            I love how I rarely have downtime after a battle.
                            I love stealth runs with other Rogues and Druids to LBRS to try for the [ITEM]Shadowcraft Gloves[/ITEM]
                            I love being able to solo many of the quests requiring you to locate X number of items, in mere minutes, and not even requiring myself to lift my blade(s)/fists
                            RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

I LOVE THIS POST!

This is awesome, it's so cool to see everyone so excited about their specific classes.

/applaud Sunderland

WAY TO GO, BRUDDER! :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...